d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev18058068078088092039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,310.23
Apr 28 2011 04:39pm
Hey Raynor, I got a silly question..

How do you build a FULL leg? like not just the heads. For example look at Jay Cutlers leg

is that just his massive hammstrings rolling over into that shot or is this the "gracilis muscle" ??
How do I hit those muscle the hardest? overall leg work?

edit

also, CAN natrataste blue zero calorie sweetener take me out of ketosis?
Im sure it b fine for me to take 1 packet with black coffee...

(zero cal, <1 carb)
http://www.natrataste.com/

This post was edited by TheOak on Apr 28 2011 05:02pm
Gold: 0.00
Apr 28 2011 04:50pm
Quote (TheOak @ Apr 28 2011 06:39pm)

How do you build a FULL leg? like not just the heads.  For example look at Jay Cutlers leg

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz183/TheOak_photos/JayCutler13.jpg

is that just his massive hammstrings rolling over into that shot or is this the "gracilis muscle" ??

gracilis and adductor group

edit: hip adductions & knee flexion (leg curls)

This post was edited by Darkblue on Apr 28 2011 05:18pm
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Apr 29 2011 12:38am
Quote (TheOak @ Apr 28 2011 06:39pm)

How do you build a FULL leg? like not just the heads. For example look at Jay Cutlers leg

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz183/TheOak_photos/JayCutler13.jpg

How do I hit those muscle the hardest? overall leg work?

edit

also, CAN natrataste blue zero calorie sweetener take me out of ketosis?
Im sure it b fine for me to take 1 packet with black coffee...

(zero cal, <1 carb)
http://www.natrataste.com/

Well first things first, jay cutler is a premier bodybuilder. His routines, diet, and medical *ahem* assistance help him out tremendously.

His leg routines do not focus directly on his inner legs, however he does a lot of isolation and volume...

http://muscleandbrawn.com/mr-olympia-jay-cutler-training-routines/

you can youtube some of his training videos to see his form and so forth.

Anyway, my advice would be to just consistently keep hitting your legs hard - squats, alternate your foot positions, and also DB lunges will help thicken the legs over time in the way that you want.

lastly, about the EQUAL artifical sugar - it wont throw you out of keto having ONE per day...however I really recommend you switch over to Truvia or any Stevia product instead for health reasons.
Gold: 97.66
Apr 29 2011 12:48pm
Hey raynor, how much coffee would be a good preworkout sup?

I had like 1 teaspoon, is that good enough?
Apr 29 2011 02:33pm
Quote (KramerFtw @ Apr 29 2011 02:48pm)
Hey raynor, how much coffee would be a good preworkout sup?

I had like 1 teaspoon, is that good enough?

2 cups of coffee...which can be made with 2 tsp of coffee grounds I believe
Gold: 75.00
Apr 29 2011 02:51pm
raynor, what do you think this person has in terms of mental disorders:

Constant negative thoughts. Afraid of social settings. Constant laziness (to the point where he doesn't even maintain personal hygiene or too lazy to get food even if he's hungry). Absolutely cannot focus on anything, especially school work. Overall low self-esteem. Occasional suicidal thoughts.

This person was bullied throughout middle school, he did fine in high school but now he's 3rd year in college, , and his GPA is like a 2.1. He never goes out or parties, the low grades he been getting is purely because of what I described above.

This post was edited by MegaVovaN on Apr 29 2011 02:57pm
Apr 29 2011 04:12pm
Quote (MegaVovaN @ Apr 29 2011 03:51pm)

Constant negative thoughts. Afraid of social settings. Constant laziness (to the point where he doesn't even maintain personal hygiene or too lazy to get food even if he's hungry). Absolutely cannot focus on anything, especially school work. Overall low self-esteem. Occasional suicidal thoughts.

This person was bullied throughout middle school, he did fine in high school but now he's 3rd year in college, , and his GPA is like a 2.1. He never goes out or parties, the low grades he been getting is purely because of what I described above.

sounds like depression. one of my friends recently went in to my university's medical clinic and was prescribed anti-depressants. he had many of the same characteristics as above.
Apr 29 2011 04:12pm
Quote (MegaVovaN @ Apr 29 2011 04:51pm)

You just described the mental condition known as "major depression."

This is an extremely difficult and serious psychological disorder that requires immediate medical intervention in the form of both physical and psychological assistance.

If you are afraid the person is going to kill themselves, you can call a law enforcement agency and have them come to his house and do a Baker Act where he will be admitted forcibly for evaluation and treatment.

If he won't listen to reason from you or family members, this is the only option. If this person WILL listen to reason, get them help IMMEDIATELY.

However I warn you now, do not let them go on prozac or xanax or any other anti-depressant medication. These meds are arguably a band-aid for a decapitation. (meaning they are totally useless). They will make the person feel okay at first, but eventually a dependency kicks in, and suicidal thoughts begin to worsen. Steer him away from meds and into something epic, like working out heavy, getting big and strong, and eating properly. His self-confidence will skyrocket with an adonis physique.
Apr 29 2011 04:14pm
Quote (GrahamC @ Apr 29 2011 06:12pm)
sounds like depression.  one of my friends recently went in to my university's medical clinic and was prescribed anti-depressants.  he had many of the same characteristics as above.

Hey there.

I know you're a good guy and I've never had to ever say anything before, so I'll keep it brief -

please don't answer questions in this thread. Regardless of your personal knowledge/opinion/etc. or how right you might be - I can not allow exceptions.

The reason for this is to prevent everyone from answering each others questions and causing a general cluster of bad/mis-informed information from getting out and in turn causing damage or misleading others.

While you are RIGHT about what you said, please do NOT answer any further questions just to set the proper example in the thread.

Thank you very much Graham, please don't take offense to this - it's nothing personal, just policy. =)

Apr 29 2011 04:18pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Apr 29 2011 05:14pm)
Hey there.

I know you're a good guy and I've never had to ever say anything before, so I'll keep it brief -

please don't answer questions in this thread. Regardless of your personal knowledge/opinion/etc. or how right you might be - I can not allow exceptions.

The reason for this is to prevent everyone from answering each others questions and causing a general cluster of bad/mis-informed information from getting out and in turn causing damage or misleading others.

While you are RIGHT about what you said, please do NOT answer any further questions just to set the proper example in the thread.

Thank you very much Graham, please don't take offense to this - it's nothing personal, just policy. =)

its all good.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev18058068078088092039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll