d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev17927937947957962039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Apr 19 2011 04:27pm
Quote (IDUTCIH @ Apr 19 2011 05:01pm)
Whats the best brand of Kre-alkalyn that you've researched into?

Supposedly they are all supposed to be the exact same formula as it is patented...

therefore, try this:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/sf/kre.html

get the 130 ct bottle as it is the best price per capsule.

EDIT:::

also I didn't notice but, if you buy the 130ct bottle (not only is it the best price) it comes with a free bottle of gluta-lyn which is ph buffered glutamine capsules, great for PWO!!

epic deal!

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Apr 19 2011 04:29pm
Gold: 21,055.00
Warn: 20%
Apr 19 2011 06:04pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Apr 19 2011 06:05pm)
Seems like your nutrition lecturer learned everything out of a single government sponsored textbook to give responses like that.

First of all,

Casein protein is an extremely slow digesting protein. As a result, it takes approximately 8 hours to fully digest, thus releasing a constant steady stream of amino acids into the body, while maintaining basal metabolism at the same time. This means that while you are sleeping, your metabolism persists as it is burning the casein protein and breaking it down into aminos. This process increases your BMR, and thus supports fat loss through increased metabolism - but also supports muscle sparing overnight when you would normally go catabolic. The reason for this is because with a steady release of aminos, the body has constant fuel for which to run off of, therefore not catabolizing muscle in the overnight fasting process.

Secondly, milk does have casein protein, but not enough based on calories. In addition milk is rich in sugars, which is not something you want to consume before going into a state of total rest. Doing so will almost certainly result in fat gain unless you have a naturally fast metabolism (hardgainers). 1 cup of milk only has 8g of protein whereas 1 cup of cottage cheese has 32g. 32g can last you from 6-8 hours worth of digesting. 8g of protein is too marginal to sustain you over that long period of time.

However if you drank say, 4 cups of milk (around 500 calories and 32g protein), you would have the same casein effect, BUT with added insulin response which would also go against fat loss - not to mention the added calories of milk which would also further hinder fat losses.

This is a non-scholarly article, but it sums up what I said nicely.

http://www.mens-total-fitness.com/casein-protein.html

Thanks. I have found alot of what i'm been taught is very "main stream" so i want to get as many other views and ideas as possible. Thanks for the answers.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 19 2011 06:48pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ 19 Apr 2011 01:06)
It's okay - but not as effective as GAT Jet fuel in my opinion. It isn't bad either, but for the money, jet fuel is much better as well.

I heard that JetFuel doesn't have 1, 3 dimethylamyline while OxyElite does.
Also heard that 1, 3 dimethylamyline is a prime chemical/ingredient to help with fat loss.
Any truth to this?
Gold: 18,204.00
Apr 19 2011 07:21pm
I just got bcaa caps and I am cutting with keto. I know to take them before fasted Cardio but in what dosage and what other times? It is ON BCAA 1000 caps
Apr 19 2011 07:54pm
Quote (xVanished @ Apr 19 2011 08:48pm)
I heard that JetFuel doesn't have 1, 3 dimethylamyline while OxyElite does.
Also heard that 1, 3 dimethylamyline is a prime chemical/ingredient to help with fat loss.
Any truth to this?

It's just a simple vasoconstrictor, but unnatural and with a higher oral toxicity than caffeine. I would avoid.
Apr 19 2011 07:55pm
Quote (PureOwnage2 @ Apr 19 2011 09:21pm)
I just got bcaa caps and I am cutting with keto.  I know to take them before fasted Cardio but in what dosage and what other times?  It is ON BCAA 1000 caps

take 2 pills before, every 45 mins during, and immediately after any physical activity. Also you can take them before bed (2-4 before bed)
Gold: 0.00
Apr 19 2011 10:20pm
Apr 20 2011 12:27am
Quote (zpy15 @ Apr 20 2011 12:20am)

After reading that I find a whole lot of quackery.

First of all, the writer cites sources, but doesn't footnote, so I have no idea what source he got which part from.

Secondly, a lot of what he said was part-true - but in the way he said it, makes the entire article bogus.

First of all, morning fasting cardio, much like ANY fasting cardio is preferred to cardio on a full stomach. There are many reasons for this, but one of the most important ones is that the body is already in the process of depleting (or already depleted) glycogen. As a result, all a person needs for morning cardio or any fasting cardio for that matter is BCAA's for which to promote muscle sparing and enhance fat loss through increased metabolism.

The fasting cardio should ALWAYS be HIIT which is the preferred fat burning method - no arguments there.

Lastly, the idea that fat triglycerides that just float around in your bloodstream and eventually re-attach to adipose tissue during high intensity cardio on an empty stomach is absurd! To assume this would also assume that the exact same thing happens when you do intense cardio even on a full stomach. There is absolutely no scientific reasoning to base such a wild allegation on. If this was the case, you'd burn more body fat doing low instensity exercise vs high intensity exercise. Move over jay cutler, you aren't shredded enough from all the HIIT...let grandma who walks 30 minutes a day at a moderate pace take away the sandow from you with her epic ripped-ness.

Sorry I got off on a tangent there.

Bottom line is....

HIIT + Fasting Sugar + BCAA's = extreme fat loss and very effective. This has been proven time and time again from professionals in all categories (bodybuilders, trainers, doctors, scientists, etc).

I believe that article is worth about as much as the guy who wrote it (note his LEGENDARY physique! that guy must spend a lot of time eating soy and doing Pilates lol).

edit: p.s.

my sarcasm isn't intended towards you, but rather the writer of the article =)

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Apr 20 2011 12:27am
Gold: 75.00
Apr 20 2011 12:42am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Apr 20 2011 01:27am)
After reading that I find a whole lot of quackery.

First of all, the writer cites sources, but doesn't footnote, so I have no idea what source he got which part from.

Secondly, a lot of what he said was part-true - but in the way he said it, makes the entire article bogus.

First of all, morning fasting cardio, much like ANY fasting cardio is preferred to cardio on a full stomach. There are many reasons for this, but one of the most important ones is that the body is already in the process of depleting (or already depleted) glycogen. As a result, all a person needs for morning cardio or any fasting cardio for that matter is BCAA's for which to promote muscle sparing and enhance fat loss through increased metabolism.

The fasting cardio should ALWAYS be HIIT which is the preferred fat burning method - no arguments there.

Lastly, the idea that fat triglycerides that just float around in your bloodstream and eventually re-attach to adipose tissue during high intensity cardio on an empty stomach is absurd! To assume this would also assume that the exact same thing happens when you do intense cardio even on a full stomach. There is absolutely no scientific reasoning to base such a wild allegation on. If this was the case, you'd burn more body fat doing low instensity exercise vs high intensity exercise. Move over jay cutler, you aren't shredded enough from all the HIIT...let grandma who walks 30 minutes a day at a moderate pace take away the sandow from you with her epic ripped-ness.

Sorry I got off on a tangent there.

Bottom line is....

HIIT + Fasting Sugar + BCAA's = extreme fat loss and very effective. This has been proven time and time again from professionals in all categories (bodybuilders, trainers, doctors, scientists, etc).

I believe that article is worth about as much as the guy who wrote it (note his LEGENDARY physique! that guy must spend a lot of time eating soy and doing Pilates lol).

edit: p.s.

my sarcasm isn't intended towards you, but rather the writer of the article =)

Could you go on more detail about that statement? how much BCAA and fasting sugar should i take every morning before my HIIT?

Apr 20 2011 12:54am
Quote (MegaVovaN @ Apr 20 2011 02:42am)
Could you go on more detail about that statement? how much BCAA and fasting sugar should i take every morning before my HIIT?

fasting sugar means...your blood sugar is that of a person who is fasting....to achieve this you need an empty stomach of at least several hours (without carbs).

As far as BCAA's go...I would recommend taking 1.5-2g of bcaa's before/during (every 30-45 mins)/and after exercise.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev17927937947957962039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll