d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev17917927937947952039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,310.23
Apr 18 2011 08:08pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Apr 18 2011 06:14pm)
ah, this is a good question.

First of all, 90/10 is actually the perfect beef cut. You want to avoid as much animal fat as possible.

I personally use 91/9 lean beef (grass fed) by maverick farms.

However, to boost the fat, I use BUTTER or GARLIC INFUSED OLIVE OIL!! Both of those on steak is absolutely godlike, and the fat from butter is much healthier than the fat from beef. (not to mention o oil lol)

anyway, the weight is uncooked weight when measuring cals/fat/protein.

I recommend you cook the beef on the george foreman and get out the beef fat as much as possible, and add plenty of o-oil or butter as your fat. Easier to control at that point also. Assume that the george foreman makes a sirloin 90/10 into around a 98/2.

gracias senor :hail:
Gold: 50.00
Apr 18 2011 08:11pm
How much green tea needs to be consumed to reap the benefits of fat loss, metabolism increase, acne reduction, etc.
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Apr 18 2011 11:05pm
Quote (zeebot9 @ Apr 18 2011 07:32pm)
A few weeks ago i asked you about the cottage cheese before bed thing and why it works and your responded with:

i showed this to my nutrition lecturer and her response was:

Can you please answer these questions? i find this a very interesting subject and would love to know the science behind it.

Thanks, Zeebo.

Seems like your nutrition lecturer learned everything out of a single government sponsored textbook to give responses like that.

First of all,

Casein protein is an extremely slow digesting protein. As a result, it takes approximately 8 hours to fully digest, thus releasing a constant steady stream of amino acids into the body, while maintaining basal metabolism at the same time. This means that while you are sleeping, your metabolism persists as it is burning the casein protein and breaking it down into aminos. This process increases your BMR, and thus supports fat loss through increased metabolism - but also supports muscle sparing overnight when you would normally go catabolic. The reason for this is because with a steady release of aminos, the body has constant fuel for which to run off of, therefore not catabolizing muscle in the overnight fasting process.

Secondly, milk does have casein protein, but not enough based on calories. In addition milk is rich in sugars, which is not something you want to consume before going into a state of total rest. Doing so will almost certainly result in fat gain unless you have a naturally fast metabolism (hardgainers). 1 cup of milk only has 8g of protein whereas 1 cup of cottage cheese has 32g. 32g can last you from 6-8 hours worth of digesting. 8g of protein is too marginal to sustain you over that long period of time.

However if you drank say, 4 cups of milk (around 500 calories and 32g protein), you would have the same casein effect, BUT with added insulin response which would also go against fat loss - not to mention the added calories of milk which would also further hinder fat losses.

This is a non-scholarly article, but it sums up what I said nicely.

http://www.mens-total-fitness.com/casein-protein.html
Apr 18 2011 11:06pm
Quote (xVanished @ Apr 18 2011 07:36pm)
What's your opinion on  USPlabs OxyELITE Pro?
Any good? Do you suggest it over other similar supp pills?

It's okay - but not as effective as GAT Jet fuel in my opinion. It isn't bad either, but for the money, jet fuel is much better as well.
Apr 18 2011 11:07pm
Quote (IDUTCIH @ Apr 18 2011 10:11pm)
How much green tea needs to be consumed to reap the benefits of fat loss, metabolism increase, acne reduction, etc.

studies have shown that 2 cups of green tea (fresh tea bag + 8-12 oz of water for each cup) can boost metabolism considerably. The main reason for this is the caffeine, but also the green tea extract has some natural thermogenic properties. Shoot for 2 cups per day. I usually drink that myself, even normally and not on cutting - I happen to like tea. haha
Gold: 37,507.25
Apr 19 2011 12:56am
i stopped working out a while ago for 6-7 weeks, went from 148 to 136(ate very little during this time because food is expensive and i thought why eat lots of im not working out), now ive started working out again and gotten back up to 151 in 6-7 weeks! how much of this weight ive gained do you think is fat/muscle/waterweight ? cant notice any bodyfat change... kind of concered if most the weight is from poop build up since i dont take massive dumps. although t i do go at least once a day, sometimes even 2. trying not to get my hopes up, thinking ive gained lots of muscle :(. arms went from 13.9 inches to 14.5 inches in 6 weeks which they used to be that size so im guessing muscle memory is working for me?

how can i tell im getting poop build up lol? awkward question :S

in a day i probably eat like 5-10 eggs, 3-6 pieces of whole wheat bread, 200 grams of mince meat, some cheese, 1-2 liters of milk, 20grams olive oil, 40-80 grams of whey powder, 5grams fish oil. does this look like it could cause problems?

what should i do? increase fibre? take some laxidives and see what happens?
Gold: 1,310.23
Apr 19 2011 09:29am
I read that creatine is a good thing for a natural competitor as it pulls the water INTO ur muscles instead of leaving it "extracellular."

So me being 4 days out from 7weeks till the comp, would it be a good idea to start loading phase for this week then go 5g a day?

Is it even worth the trouble? CAN it have negative effects? i.e. make you more "smooth?"

I already have the product from wen i was bulking....

also if I do take it, do I take 5g up until even the day of? stop day before?

Thanks friend
Apr 19 2011 11:07am
Quote (ILoveMetal @ Apr 19 2011 02:56am)
i stopped working out a while ago for 6-7 weeks, went from 148 to 136(ate very little during this time because food is expensive and i thought why eat lots of im not working out), now ive started working out again and gotten back up to 151 in 6-7 weeks! how much of this weight ive gained do you think is fat/muscle/waterweight ? cant notice any bodyfat change... kind of concered if most the weight is from poop build up since i dont take massive dumps. although t i do go at least once a day, sometimes even 2. trying not to get my hopes up, thinking ive gained lots of muscle :(. arms went from 13.9 inches to 14.5 inches in 6 weeks which they used to be that size so im guessing muscle memory is working for me?

how can i tell im getting poop build up lol? awkward question :S

in a day i probably eat like 5-10 eggs, 3-6 pieces of whole wheat bread, 200 grams of mince meat, some cheese, 1-2 liters of milk, 20grams olive oil, 40-80 grams of whey powder, 5grams fish oil. does this look like it could cause problems?

what should i do? increase fibre? take some laxidives and see what happens?

Hey there.

First of all, on average most weight you gain is water. However, you certainly have some lean mass also built up in there. There is really no way to calculate it without doing a BF% test.

Also, you need to be getting about 20g of fiber per day, MINIMUM. To increase your fiber intake, eat lots of veggies and also some more whole grains (like brown rice, whole grain pasta, Beans, Apples, Lentils, Oats, etc.)
Apr 19 2011 11:10am
Quote (TheOak @ Apr 19 2011 11:29am)
I read that creatine is a good thing for a natural competitor as it pulls the water INTO ur muscles instead of leaving it "extracellular."

So me being 4 days out from 7weeks till the comp, would it be a good idea to start loading phase for this week then go 5g a day?

Is it even worth the trouble? CAN it have negative effects? i.e. make you more "smooth?"

I already have the product from wen i was bulking....

also if I do take it, do I take 5g up until even the day of? stop day before?

Thanks friend

Hey there. For pre-comp I would use Kre-Alkalyn as per the new findings. This increases muscle volume but without making you smooth. Water retention is minimal.

THE LAST WEEK heading into the contest you can start loading creatine NITRATE for an epic pump and muscle thickness/fullness. Just make sure when using creatine nitrate that you are taking in 10g of vitamin C per day (that is a huge number, but required to combat the ill effects of the nitrates). So for literally 1 week prior to the comp, drop the kre-alkalyn and move into Creatine Nitrate with 10g of vitamin C per day (staggered of course, 2g 5x per day). Also distilled water is what you drink the entire last week...ONLY distilled water....and as low sodium as possible.
Gold: 50.00
Apr 19 2011 03:01pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Apr 19 2011 10:10am)
Hey there. For pre-comp I would use Kre-Alkalyn as per the new findings. This increases muscle volume but without making you smooth. Water retention is minimal.

THE LAST WEEK heading into the contest you can start loading creatine NITRATE for an epic pump and muscle thickness/fullness. Just make sure when using creatine nitrate that you are taking in 10g of vitamin C per day (that is a huge number, but required to combat the ill effects of the nitrates). So for literally 1 week prior to the comp, drop the kre-alkalyn and move into Creatine Nitrate with 10g of vitamin C per day (staggered of course, 2g 5x per day). Also distilled water is what you drink the entire last week...ONLY distilled water....and as low sodium as possible.

Whats the best brand of Kre-alkalyn that you've researched into?
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev17917927937947952039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll