d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev17787797807817822039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 10 2011 06:31pm
Is getting sick more frequently in any way related to having to deload? Last time i basically had to deload for ~2 weeks because i was sick as a dog ( Was lifting heavy prior for a long ass time without deloading), it's been exactly 9 weeks since, and i'm sick again (Not as bad though...) I usually get sick once in a blue moon...

Should i take a week off to go easy on my CNS or should i just wait it off until the bug goes away?
Warn: 30%
Apr 10 2011 07:26pm
do you think, if i did rushfit ( circuit training program ) 5 x a week, and then the days i went to the gym FBW would that work to cut? or would that hinder my progress and if so how ?
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Apr 10 2011 08:43pm
Quote (sam2468 @ Apr 10 2011 08:31pm)
Is getting sick more frequently in any way related to having to deload? Last time i basically had to deload for ~2 weeks because i was sick as a dog ( Was lifting heavy prior for a long ass time without deloading), it's been exactly 9 weeks since, and i'm sick again (Not as bad though...) I usually get sick once in a blue moon...

Should i take a week off to go easy on my CNS or should i just wait it off until the bug goes away?

When lifting your body is more prone to free radicals causing damage and sickness...as a result, I recommend that everyone on an aggressive lifting schedule take the following to boost immune system:

1. Twinlab Stress B (this has both B and C vitamins, take 2x per day)
2. CL Orange Triad (take 3 pills, 2x per day with meals)
3. NOW! D-3 5,000 iu (take 1x per day)
4. NOW! Immune Advantage (take 2x per day)
5. NOW! Vitamin C-1000 (take 2x per day)

With these, and proper sleep (8 hrs a night), and reducing exposure to allergens, you will probably not get sick at all.
Apr 10 2011 08:45pm
Quote (EverNineAfter @ Apr 10 2011 09:26pm)
do you think, if i did rushfit ( circuit training program ) 5 x a week, and then the days i went to the gym FBW would that work to cut? or would that hinder my progress and if so how ?

You would lose a LOT of muscle mass doing that. The more you train a specific body part (frequency) the more you will break it down (when on cutting). You need to vary the workouts and focus on 1-2 muscle groups at a time.

Avoid this unless you do not care about muscle mass and want to focus on fat loss only.
Warn: 30%
Apr 11 2011 02:18pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Apr 10 2011 07:45pm)
You would lose a LOT of muscle mass doing that. The more you train a specific body part (frequency) the more you will break it down (when on cutting). You need to vary the workouts and focus on 1-2 muscle groups at a time.

Avoid this unless you do not care about muscle mass and want to focus on fat loss only.

how about if i want to target my traps, some good exercises to combo up to hit them ?
Gold: 1,530.00
Apr 11 2011 03:39pm
Hello.

I has a question about my diet and muscles.
I'm eating all good carbs, unsaturated fats, and have a below average calorie intake (round 1800 a day). I'm 6"3 at 220. I work out 6 times a week for at least an hour a day.
Here's the thing: my body has been stuck at 220lbs for the past 3 months. I should be losing weight, but I'm not. Also, my maxes are continuously increasing, but I see no muscle growth.
My questions are: why am I not losing weight and what would you recommend doing?
Gold: 1,310.23
Apr 11 2011 05:02pm
I've been focusing on muscle failure (10-20resp) with minimum rest between sets etc
to try and get me rdy for my comp.

Couple of people say they train heavy (6-8reps) up until the last week of their competition,
they also said that this is a must to help maintain muscle mass without ne test boosters.

true/false/opinion?

edit

another question..(ill try n make it quick)

alright lil while back ( 5months maybe) I sprained my ankle playing baseball

i thought it was an "inversion sprain" since my foot got caught on the base bag and forced me foot inwards but it was actually my achilles tendon and that ankle bone on the inside.

ne ways i cldnt walk on it for like 3 days, got a brace for it which helped and i was back lifting on it within a week.

i was doing calf raises n everything, it was sore but i didnt care, the bigger problem was going to the bottom of my squat. (the tendon in the bottom of my foot felt like it was going to tear)

alright well the inside bone on my ankle still hurts time to time, and my range of motion is limited, i have trouble stretching my calf muscle b.c of it.

should i force it to stretch?

This post was edited by TheOak on Apr 11 2011 05:16pm
Apr 11 2011 06:52pm
Quote (EverNineAfter @ Apr 11 2011 04:18pm)
how about if i want to target my traps, some good exercises to combo up to hit them ?

Train traps twice a week...

perform the usual exercises:

Standing barbell shrugs
standing DB shrugs
standing shrug machine (plate loaded)

perform each of these for 5 sets. With each set, you are going to let your arms drop all the way down, and when shrugging the weight up, ROLL YOUR SHOULDERS FORWARD, tilt your chin up, and make a face like you're replying to someone saying "i dunno". Do this each time and feel yourself squeezing your traps. You will build them much faster with better form, than with heavy weight.
Apr 11 2011 06:54pm
Quote (Tydus @ Apr 11 2011 05:39pm)
Hello.

I has a question about my diet and muscles.
I'm eating all good carbs, unsaturated fats, and have a below average calorie intake (round 1800 a day). I'm 6"3 at 220. I work out 6 times a week for at least an hour a day.
Here's the thing: my body has been stuck at 220lbs for the past 3 months. I should be losing weight, but I'm not. Also, my maxes are continuously increasing, but I see no muscle growth.
My questions are: why am I not losing weight and what would you recommend doing?

This is a common problem.

First of all, you are probably eating way too many carbs, not ENOUGH fat, and possibly too many calories (you may count them, but do you WEIGH your foods??) You might be taking in 3,000 cals and think it's 1,800.

Either way, here is what you need to follow:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&p=304616466
anabolic cutting diet (cyclical keto diet)

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=304396247
Cutting Workout Routine

If you run that for 3 months, you should be down to the 180-185 area.
Apr 11 2011 06:56pm
Quote (TheOak @ Apr 11 2011 07:02pm)
I've been focusing on muscle failure (10-20resp) with minimum rest between sets etc
to try and get me rdy for my comp.

Couple of people say they train heavy (6-8reps) up until the last week of their competition,
they also said that this is a must to help maintain muscle mass without ne test boosters.

true/false/opinion?

edit

another question..(ill try n make it quick)

alright lil while back ( 5months maybe) I sprained my ankle playing baseball

i thought it was an "inversion sprain" since my foot got caught on the base bag and forced me foot inwards but it was actually my achilles tendon and that ankle bone on the inside.

ne ways i cldnt walk on it for like 3 days, got a brace for it which helped and i was back lifting on it within a week.

i was doing calf raises n everything, it was sore but i didnt care, the bigger problem was going to the bottom of my squat. (the tendon in the bottom of my foot felt like it was going to tear)

alright well the inside bone on my ankle still hurts time to time, and my range of motion is limited, i have trouble stretching my calf muscle b.c of it.

should i force it to stretch?

Hey there.

Going heavy is good for maintaining STRENGTH prior to a comp...but it is NOT essential. You need to do what works for YOU. If you feel that going heavier is helpful then go for it. But just remember, last week leading up to the contest, volume is everything.

About your ankle pain - because you are heading into a competition, as long as you can perform the various poses without difficulty, do not worry about it or force it to stretch right now. Doing so can cause a further injury and then prevent you from competing.

AFTER the comp however, let's revisit this topic again and go from there.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev17787797807817822039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll