d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev17747757767777782039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Apr 7 2011 02:29pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Apr 7 2011 08:01pm)
TKD is not recommended for total fat loss because you are not in true ketosis. The idea of being able to get into ketosis in less than 24 hours is absurd. TKD is really not ketogenic at all, instead it is really just a LOW CARB diet with carbs pre/post workout.

If you are around 23-26% BF, keep up CKD until you reach around 8% Then you can jump on a solid bulk and go from there. If you hit around 12% and want to maintain fat % but still want to gain muscle, you can switch onto the "TKD" but keep calories in moderate surplus.

Thanks man!
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Apr 7 2011 03:30pm
Quote (zpy15 @ Apr 7 2011 04:16pm)
Okay, I'm getting my cart ready, just a couple questions.
For the Jet Fuel and BCAA, If I have more than one workout session in a day (I usually have 2-3 40 min+ sessions spread over a day) is there a limit of how many I should take a day?
And I was also wondering about these protein bars http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/proteinbar.html , are they any good for a snack at work or just sweets that I should avoid?
Thanks a lot. ^^

hey,

first of all - BCAA's there is no limit, but jet fuel there is a limit of 6 per day (two 3 pill doses MAXIMUM).

for low cal cutting protein bars on non-keto diet, try these:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bn/power.html

enjoy with some 2% milk
Apr 7 2011 03:33pm
Quote (EverNineAfter @ Apr 7 2011 04:19pm)
for a multivitamin, i read that NOW! Adam contains soy derivatives, from what i've been told / heard is that you should stay away from soy products etc, would this be a problem?

E: also in Orange triad, Vitamin A(as Alpha And Beta Carotene) 10000IU 200% now on wikipedia it says
β-Carotene and lung cancer in smokers

β-Carotene supplementation increases the probability of lung cancer in cigarette smokers. There are various competing theories as to the mechanism for this harmful effect of β-carotene supplementation in this group. The effect is specific to supplementation, as no lung damage has been detected in those who are exposed to cigarette smoke and who ingest a physiologic dose β-carotene (6 mg) in contrast to pharmacologic dose (30 mg). Therefore, the oncology from β-carotene is based on both cigarette smoke and high daily doses of β-carotene.[16]

A common explanation of the effect is that when retinoic acid is liganded to RAR-beta (Retinoic Acid Receptor beta), the complex binds AP1 (Activator Protein 1). AP1 is a transcription factor that binds to DNA and in downstream events promote cell proliferation. Therefore, in the presence of retinoic acid, the retinoic acid:RAR-beta complex binds to AP1 and inhibit AP-1 from binding to DNA. In that case, AP1 is no longer expressed, and cell proliferation does not occur. Cigarette smoke increases the asymmetric cleavage of β-carotene, decreasing the level of retinoic acid significantly. This can lead to a higher level of cell proliferation in smokers, and consequently, a higher probability of lung cancer.

Another β-carotene breakdown product suspected of causing cancer is trans-β-apo-8'-carotenal (common apocarotenal), which has been found in one study to be mutagenic and genotoxic in cell cultures which do not respond to β-carotene itself.[17]

now i dont smoke myself, but i am exposed to 2nd hand smoke everday and quite a lot, your thoughts?

Hey there. First of all, the amount of soy in any multivitamin is MARGINAL usually used for binding agents and so forth...no worries about that. Soy is bad for men when consumed in copious doses (like 100g a day or more).

As far as vitamin A and cancer goes - there is a TON of evidence to support vitamin a actually reducing the risk of most kinds of cancers.

Increasing the risk in smokers is specious at best because you must remember that smokers are already at risk to begin with. If you do not have a genetic predisposition to cancer, and do not smoke yourself you will MOST LIKELY not get lung cancer no matter what.

lastly, second hand smoke has been proven in many independent studies to contain such a trace amount of carcinogens that it is not nearly as harmful as direct inhalation. Sure, it would be better to avoid it all together, but right now it won't harm you I'm sure.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Apr 7 2011 04:16pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Apr 7 2011 02:33pm)
Hey there. First of all, the amount of soy in any multivitamin is MARGINAL usually used for binding agents and so forth...no worries about that. Soy is bad for men when consumed in copious doses (like 100g a day or more).

As far as vitamin A and cancer goes - there is a TON of evidence to support vitamin a actually reducing the risk of most kinds of cancers.

Increasing the risk in smokers is specious at best because you must remember that smokers are already at risk to begin with. If you do not have a genetic predisposition to cancer, and do not smoke yourself you will MOST LIKELY not get lung cancer no matter what.

lastly, second hand smoke has been proven in many independent studies to contain such a trace amount of carcinogens that it is not nearly as harmful as direct inhalation. Sure, it would be better to avoid it all together, but right now it won't harm you I'm sure.

alright thanks, what other multivitamins would you suggest worth buying, from GNC stores because i can't order things from online. Also , do you think 6 days a week 5 days being HIIT circuit training exercises, and 1 day HIIT cardio only is enough to cut? like i don't need to go to the gym too? let me know thanks.
Gold: 392.00
Apr 7 2011 06:29pm
need a way to get rid of love handels that i can thow into my rutine please pm me
Apr 7 2011 06:31pm
Quote (EverNineAfter @ Apr 7 2011 06:16pm)
alright thanks, what other multivitamins would you suggest worth buying, from GNC stores because i can't order things from online. Also , do you think 6 days a week 5 days being HIIT circuit training exercises, and 1 day HIIT cardio only is enough to cut? like i don't need to go to the gym too? let me know thanks.

Twinlab is usually pretty good and they sell it there, also optimum nutrition brand.

Lastly, yes that is enough cardio to cut. I mean it is preferred to hit the gym and do weight training as this amplifies your fat losses and helps maintain muscle mass.
Apr 7 2011 06:31pm
Quote (murk55 @ Apr 7 2011 08:29pm)
need a way to get rid of love handels that i can thow into my rutine please pm me

to lose fat in an area requires losing fat all around....you need to cut in order to lose love handles.

try this

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&p=304616466
anabolic cutting diet (cyclical keto diet)

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=304396247
Cutting Workout Routine
Gold: 21,055.00
Warn: 20%
Apr 7 2011 07:32pm
I believe that you said eating cottage cheese before bed is good as it keeps your metabolism working. If this is true do you have scientific literature to back it up? if you didn't say this completely ignore this post :D

Apr 8 2011 01:59am
Quote (zeebot9 @ Apr 7 2011 09:32pm)
I believe that you said eating cottage cheese before bed is good as it keeps your metabolism working. If this is true do you have scientific literature to back it up? if you didn't say this completely ignore this post :D

cottage cheese contains a lot of casein protein. Casein protein is among the slowest acting proteins available. As a result, you can use this for pre-bedtime to sustain metabolism throughout the night and eliminate direct catabolism while you fast (sleeping = fasting).
Gold: 50.00
Apr 8 2011 02:53am
Got a ass load of questions I need to get answered.

Whats your opinion on the pre workout supp NOXPlode I've heard ALOT of great reviews about it and well I've tried regular caffeine pills and they don't really give me a "energy spark"

And secondly how exactly do fat burners help to burn fat and is this a good one?
http://www.bsnonline.net/details/atrophex.html
what do BCAAs do and is there any sort of link/guide you have to them?

I have sort of a hunched back from lots of gaming what types of stretching/exercises would I need to do to straighten it up? I've heard about hip flexor//core etc.

And are fat burners safe to take while I'm the age of 17(2 weeks till I'm 18)

Sorry for the assloads of questions
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev17747757767777782039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll