d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev17737747757767772039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Apr 7 2011 02:16am
Quote (TheOak @ Apr 6 2011 10:47pm)
if im not drinking sufficient amount of water daily (1gal), wld that slow the process of my body going into ketosis?

It could. There isn't enough study on this - so the effect is unknown, but by an educated guess I would say yes - virtually everything slows down in a dehydrated environment, including how rapidly or efficiently the body can convert over to ketosis and so forth.

Apr 7 2011 02:18am
Quote (45sz @ Apr 7 2011 02:09am)

Hey there.

Generally I only recommend trib for men over 40 or men looking to stack something with a PCT after a strong oral PH.

For daily use, trib is NOT required for a man of your age and goals.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Apr 7 2011 02:47am
hey raynor, i recently got the rushfit work out dvd with GSP mma fighter, don't know if you've seen / heard of it or not, anyways my question is if i do this program it requires me to train 5 days a week with 1 off day, im just wondering how the whole calorie intake thing works, im at 179 pounds now and my BMR is approx 1952.77, and if the training is 5 days a week that would be more then moderate so 1952.77 x 1.72x = about 3k calories, now if im trying to cut and lose wieght, what will happen if i still only aim for 2k calories? will i be harming my body? or will it just mean i wont have enough energy to do the workouts ? what calorie number should i be hitting if i do the workouts 5 days a week ?
Apr 7 2011 10:29am
Hey Raynor,

I'm starting my summer cut and am wondering what suppliments are the best. (I've looked at your suppliment guide on P.623)

I'm currently taking,
-BioX Whey Isolate
-MultiVitamin
-Vitamin B/C/D
-Green Tea Pills
-Melatonin

All the suppliments you listed would cost around 250$+ + shipping for a steady 3 month supply, and taking all doesn't seem too healthy anyways. I'm wondering if you could tell me 4-6 of the most effective combination of suppliments on your list to add to my regime, thanks.
Apr 7 2011 11:44am
Quote (EverNineAfter @ Apr 7 2011 04:47am)
hey raynor, i recently got the rushfit work out dvd with GSP mma fighter, don't know if you've seen / heard of it or not, anyways my question is if i do this program it requires me to train 5 days a week with 1 off day, im just wondering how the whole calorie intake thing works, im at 179 pounds now and my BMR is approx 1952.77, and if the training is 5 days a week that would be more then moderate so 1952.77 x 1.72x = about 3k calories, now if im trying to cut and lose wieght, what will happen if i still only aim for 2k calories? will i be harming my body? or will it just mean i wont have enough energy to do the workouts ? what calorie number should i be hitting if i do the workouts 5 days a week ?

Hey there. You want to get at LEAST your resting BMR worth of calories, so for you would be 2,000 a day.

The way I would do it is, stick to 2,000 a day and do it for 2 weeks. See how you feel. If you are ridiculously fatigued and unable to continue your workouts or notice that you have obvious signs of overtraining - then increase calories about 250 a day. If this doesn't help, reduce calories back down to 2,000 per day and reduce the amount of exercise.

Either way though, start with 2,000 and go from there. You will NOT cause your body any damage. Just make sure you give it enough protein (200g / day) as well as reduced carbs AFTER your PWO meal.
Apr 7 2011 11:56am
Quote (zpy15 @ Apr 7 2011 12:29pm)
Hey Raynor,

I'm starting my summer cut and am wondering what suppliments are the best. (I've looked at your suppliment guide on P.623)

I'm currently taking,
-BioX Whey Isolate
-MultiVitamin
-Vitamin B/C/D
-Green Tea Pills
-Melatonin

All the suppliments you listed would cost around 250$+ + shipping for a steady 3 month supply, and taking all doesn't seem too healthy anyways. I'm wondering if you could tell me 4-6 of the most effective combination of suppliments on your list to add to my regime, thanks.

Hey there. Although expensive I assure you that it is VERY healthy. Most of my supplements are there for overall health and long term health vs muscular gains or fat loss

But if I had to pick 6 sups for cutting cycle (in order or importance):

1. Either Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex or NOW! Whey Isolate (pwo shake minimum, you can add shakes accordingly to fulfill protein requirements)
2. Multivitamin (CL Orange Triad or NOW! Adam)
3. GAT Jet Fuel (take this when you wake up and/or pre-workout)
4. BCAA's (Optimum Nutrition BCAA-1000 caps - take 2 pre-workout, during workout, post workout, and pre-bedtime to minimize muscle loss on cutting)
5. Twinlab Stress B (This is a full B and C vitamin) - take 3 caps a day 2 morning and 1 at night.
6. Vitamin d-3 5,000 iu (NOW! D-3 5,000 iu, take 1 cap 1 time a day)

Apr 7 2011 01:49pm
Hey Raynor, im just curious about something.. I've followed your CKD set up for ALONG time now, and I just found out about the TKD "Targeted Keto Diet".. Its the same diet, except I'd eat 69 grams of carbs "split into 2 meals" before and after my workouts...

Im just curious about it, because I'd really like to start seeing some more gains.. Do you think it would be benificial, even while im trying to loose fat? Im at 206 now, roughly about 23-26% bf.
Apr 7 2011 02:01pm
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Apr 7 2011 03:49pm)
Hey Raynor, im just curious about something..  I've followed your CKD set up for ALONG time now, and I just found out about the TKD "Targeted Keto Diet"..  Its the same diet, except I'd eat 69 grams of carbs "split into 2 meals" before and after my workouts... 

Im just curious about it, because I'd really like to start seeing some more gains..  Do you think it would be benificial, even while im trying to loose fat?  Im at 206 now, roughly about 23-26% bf.

TKD is not recommended for total fat loss because you are not in true ketosis. The idea of being able to get into ketosis in less than 24 hours is absurd. TKD is really not ketogenic at all, instead it is really just a LOW CARB diet with carbs pre/post workout.

If you are around 23-26% BF, keep up CKD until you reach around 8% Then you can jump on a solid bulk and go from there. If you hit around 12% and want to maintain fat % but still want to gain muscle, you can switch onto the "TKD" but keep calories in moderate surplus.
Apr 7 2011 02:16pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Apr 7 2011 10:56am)
Hey there. Although expensive I assure you that it is VERY healthy. Most of my supplements are there for overall health and long term health vs muscular gains or fat loss

But if I had to pick 6 sups for cutting cycle (in order or importance):

1. Either Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex or NOW! Whey Isolate (pwo shake minimum, you can add shakes accordingly to fulfill protein requirements)
2. Multivitamin (CL Orange Triad or NOW! Adam)
3. GAT Jet Fuel (take this when you wake up and/or pre-workout)
4. BCAA's (Optimum Nutrition BCAA-1000 caps - take 2 pre-workout, during workout, post workout, and pre-bedtime to minimize muscle loss on cutting)
5. Twinlab Stress B (This is a full B and C vitamin) - take 3 caps a day 2 morning and 1 at night.
6. Vitamin d-3 5,000 iu (NOW! D-3 5,000 iu, take 1 cap 1 time a day)

Okay, I'm getting my cart ready, just a couple questions.
For the Jet Fuel and BCAA, If I have more than one workout session in a day (I usually have 2-3 40 min+ sessions spread over a day) is there a limit of how many I should take a day?
And I was also wondering about these protein bars http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/proteinbar.html , are they any good for a snack at work or just sweets that I should avoid?
Thanks a lot. ^^
Warn: 30%
Apr 7 2011 02:19pm
for a multivitamin, i read that NOW! Adam contains soy derivatives, from what i've been told / heard is that you should stay away from soy products etc, would this be a problem?

E: also in Orange triad, Vitamin A(as Alpha And Beta Carotene) 10000IU 200% now on wikipedia it says
β-Carotene and lung cancer in smokers

β-Carotene supplementation increases the probability of lung cancer in cigarette smokers. There are various competing theories as to the mechanism for this harmful effect of β-carotene supplementation in this group. The effect is specific to supplementation, as no lung damage has been detected in those who are exposed to cigarette smoke and who ingest a physiologic dose β-carotene (6 mg) in contrast to pharmacologic dose (30 mg). Therefore, the oncology from β-carotene is based on both cigarette smoke and high daily doses of β-carotene.[16]

A common explanation of the effect is that when retinoic acid is liganded to RAR-beta (Retinoic Acid Receptor beta), the complex binds AP1 (Activator Protein 1). AP1 is a transcription factor that binds to DNA and in downstream events promote cell proliferation. Therefore, in the presence of retinoic acid, the retinoic acid:RAR-beta complex binds to AP1 and inhibit AP-1 from binding to DNA. In that case, AP1 is no longer expressed, and cell proliferation does not occur. Cigarette smoke increases the asymmetric cleavage of β-carotene, decreasing the level of retinoic acid significantly. This can lead to a higher level of cell proliferation in smokers, and consequently, a higher probability of lung cancer.

Another β-carotene breakdown product suspected of causing cancer is trans-β-apo-8'-carotenal (common apocarotenal), which has been found in one study to be mutagenic and genotoxic in cell cultures which do not respond to β-carotene itself.[17]

now i dont smoke myself, but i am exposed to 2nd hand smoke everday and quite a lot, your thoughts?

This post was edited by EverNineAfter on Apr 7 2011 02:35pm
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev17737747757767772039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll