d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev17497507517527532039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Mar 24 2011 02:03am
Quote (Honestly @ Mar 23 2011 10:30pm)
at what point do you lose cardiovascular endurance?

What do you mean by this? can you be a little more explicit in what you are asking?
Gold: 7,229.10
Mar 24 2011 08:18am
what's your opinion about warrior diet (warriordiet.com) or leangains guide? (http://www.leangains.com/)

can you gain muscle mass while doing this? and what should plan look like on both diets?.. cuz i'm tired of eating 6 times a day.. it's really frustrating.. there's a lot of other stuff i could do..

so basically i'm asking you to make some eating/training guides for both warrior and leangains.. like you have your made keto diet and 5x5 and so on..
Gold: 0.00
Mar 24 2011 09:48am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ 23 Mar 2011 00:18)
This is a very hot topic right now.

There is a CHANCE...which is in unknown percentage...that your tuna may or may not affect your long term health.

I have seen the official FDA reports of mercury levels in tuna, and quite frankly, I'm shocked it's that high.

If the published levels are true, 1 can a day would be enough to cause long term negative health effects.

Personally, I have stayed away from eating fish as much as possible because of the amount of mercury present in most fish, and the inability to find a non-farmed fish that isn't prone to excessive levels of mercury.

What could be the results/consequences/outcomes/mutations that one would expect from eating fish that had mercury in it over a length of time?
Gold: 1,551.68
Mar 24 2011 11:21am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Mar 24 2011 02:03am)
What do you mean by this? can you be a little more explicit in what you are asking?

when do you lose cardio vascular endurance... from inactivity?

like your BP getting weaker because you stopped training etc
Gold: 0.00
Mar 24 2011 05:21pm
Hey,

I just started lifting, doing mark rippetoes starting strength. SHould i do this diet?

Breakfast
4 eggs
2 slices of toast
1 glass of milk

Snack
Bran Muffin
1 glass of milk

Lunch
Sandwich (i.e. meat, cheese, tuna fish, etc.)
piece of fruit
1 glass of milk

Snack
Granola bar
Slice of cheese
1 glass of milk

Supper
Meat (i.e. chicken, beef, pork, etc.)
Pasta, Rice, or Potatoes
Cup of veggies
1 glass of milk

Snack
2 slices of toast
1 glass of milk

Im 5'11 / 146
Gold: 1,310.23
Mar 24 2011 07:03pm
hey alright so i think im like 11 weeks out from this comp. (keto is going good)

Im looking to change my routine right now so i can up the intesity / pump

i was thinking like a upper body / lower body split (cuz i rlly wanna stay hitting chest 2x a week)

how wld this do?

Monday/thursday

Chest:
bench incline
dumbell press
dips
flyes
3 sets each exercise

Back:
Deadlift
Chin ups
dumbell row
cable row
3 sets each exercise

shoulders:
seated db press
dumbell lateral
shrugs x 4 sets
3 sets each exercise

biceps:
preacher curl
concentration curl
(3set ea)

Triceps:
skull crushers
pressdowns
3 sets ea

Now onto lower body done on tuesday/friday

Legs
squats x4 sets
leg extension
leg press
leg curl x 4sets
standing calf raises x4 sets
seating calf raises
(others are for 3 sets)

Rest between sets under 60sec
i would also do cardio 4-5x a week (usually ill do a long 6mile jog or 30min HIIT) and abs everyother day.

This post was edited by TheOak on Mar 24 2011 07:10pm
Mar 24 2011 08:17pm
Quote (technique @ Mar 24 2011 10:18am)
what's your opinion about warrior diet (warriordiet.com) or leangains guide? (http://www.leangains.com/)

can you gain muscle mass while doing this? and what should plan look like on both diets?.. cuz i'm tired of eating 6 times a day.. it's really frustrating.. there's a lot of other stuff i could do..

so basically i'm asking you to make some eating/training guides for both warrior and leangains.. like you have your made keto diet and 5x5 and so on..

Warrior Diet is a total crock of BS. If that garbage worked, then 90% of the worlds fat people would be ripped. I mean this because the concept of ONE giant meal per day at night is not only stupid, but it also prevents your body from requisitioning necessary aminos and glycogen throughout the day to supply adequate energy. This will in turn burn fat, but ALSO burn muscle. You will NOT get big doing that plan unless you are a genetic mesomorph freak.

Secondly, the leangains guide, is a little bit less exaggerated. It employs a typical fasting metabolism to perform major exercise functions which in turn burns the most fat. The problem is, this will get you looking like a very lean stringbean. You are not going to see epic mass gains on this diet, nor are you going to see NEW muscle formation much beyond what you already have. This is a standard 3 meal a day diet with morning fasting exercise. There really isn't much more to it.

Here is the basic idea - for true honest to goodness health, eating frequently throughout the day is by far the healthiest method.

I do NOT advise you do anything of the sort with the 1 or 3 meal a day method...as both of these are not good for overall health and muscle building.

the best thing I can suggest is to do the 3 meal + 3 shakes diet. This is the easiest to follow if you are having a problem eating 6 times a day.

Eat 3 regular meals as usual

Breakfast- Regular meal
Meal 2 - Shake
Meal 3 - regular meal
Meal 4 - shake
Meal 5 - regular meal
Pre-bedtime - shake

The shakes should be complete MRP's which means...

40g protein, 10g fat, 20-30g carbs (except for the pre-bedtime shake which would have less carbs).

Meal 2 and 4 Shake example:

1.5 scoops of Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex + 1 tbsp peanut butter + handful of strawberries/blueberries + handful of oats

Pre Bedtime shake example:

1.5 scoops of Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex + 1 tbsp peanut butter + 1/2 cup milk

Mar 24 2011 08:22pm
Quote (xVanished @ Mar 24 2011 11:48am)
What could be the results/consequences/outcomes/mutations that one would expect from eating fish that had mercury in it over a length of time?

Increased risk of various types of cancer, dementia, alzheimers, heart disease, stroke, etc.

It can be quite serious.
Mar 24 2011 08:23pm
Quote (Honestly @ Mar 24 2011 01:21pm)
when do you lose cardio vascular endurance... from inactivity?

like your BP getting weaker because you stopped training etc

Yes, lack of training. The heart is a muscle, and without proper training it can atrophy to an extent. To keep your cardiovascular system up to par, it needs to be challenged SOMEWHAT. Long distance cardio is a very bad thing for heart as we have found in recent years. HIIT is by far the healthiest choice as it gets your heart to the point of building endurance , without doing it for long enough to cause potential damage.
Mar 24 2011 08:28pm
Quote (Fromage @ Mar 24 2011 07:21pm)
Hey,

I just started lifting, doing mark rippetoes starting strength. SHould i do this diet?

Breakfast
4 eggs
2 slices of toast
1 glass of milk

Snack
Bran Muffin
1 glass of milk

Lunch
Sandwich (i.e. meat, cheese, tuna fish, etc.)
piece of fruit
1 glass of milk

Snack
Granola bar
Slice of cheese
1 glass of milk

Supper
Meat (i.e. chicken, beef, pork, etc.)
Pasta, Rice, or Potatoes
Cup of veggies
1 glass of milk

Snack
2 slices of toast
1 glass of milk

Im 5'11 / 146

Everything looks good for a solid bulk, except for a few things changed below:

Breakfast
4 eggs
2 slices of toast
1 glass of milk
1 large serving of fruit

Snack
Bran Muffin
1 glass of milk

Lunch
Sandwich (at least 40g protein worth of meat/cheese/fish/eggs)
piece of fruit
1 serving of veggies
1 glass of milk

Snack
Granola Bar
Slice of cheese or meat
1 glass of milk

Supper
Meat (at least 40g protein worth of chicken, beef, pork, etc.)
Pasta, Rice, or Potatoes
Cup of veggies
1 glass of milk

Snack
2 cups of milk
2 slices of bread with peanut butter and blueberries or strawberries

Also do not forget your PWO shake....after a workout you require a 40g protein shake mixed with 1 cup of fresh fruit or more.

Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev17497507517527532039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll