d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev174757677782039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Banned
Gold: 20.51
Warn: 70%
Feb 2 2009 09:52pm
Quote (DemosthenesC @ Mon, Feb 2 2009, 11:41pm)
Low calorie sweetener and the body doesn't break it down thus saving energy is all I know about it. I'm curious as well about it

yeah, commonly known as "splenda" but im more worried about the health aspect / side effects

i've come across lots of info, but much of it is mixed
Gold: 0.08
Feb 2 2009 09:53pm
Quote (Peachie @ Mon, Feb 2 2009, 10:52pm)
yeah, commonly known as "splenda" but im more worried about the health aspect / side effects

i've come across lots of info, but much of it is mixed

I heard mass amounts cause cancer ohmy.gif
Gold: 4,505.00
Feb 2 2009 10:22pm
Quote (buster88 @ Tue, Feb 3 2009, 03:53am)
I heard mass amounts cause cancer ohmy.gif

OH NOES SPLENDA CAUSES CANCER? i need to get my greentea unsweetened from now on lol
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Feb 2 2009 10:26pm
Quote (Jimmy16 @ Tue, Feb 3 2009, 12:22am)
OH NOES SPLENDA CAUSES CANCER? i need to get my greentea unsweetened from now on lol

Splenda - heres the deal.

It's actually selectively chlorinated table sugar...

this means you are basically eating sugar that has chlorine atoms added and 3 hydroxyl groups removed.

The verdict? You are consuming small amounts of chlorine.

I would not advise eating splenda for this reason. There are also no health benefits....Xylitol has plenty..and stevia is showing some promise as well.

Steer clear of sucralose (splenda), aspartame (sweet and low), and other artificial sugars.

edit: Once in a while won't hurt, but don't abuse artificial sugar.

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Feb 2 2009 10:27pm
Gold: 4,505.00
Feb 2 2009 10:29pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Tue, Feb 3 2009, 04:26am)
Splenda - heres the deal.

It's actually selectively chlorinated table sugar...

this means you are basically eating sugar that has chlorine atoms added and 3 hydroxyl groups removed.

The verdict? You are consuming small amounts of chlorine.

I would not advise eating splenda for this reason. There are also no health benefits....Xylitol has plenty..and stevia is showing some promise as well.

Steer clear of sucralose (splenda), aspartame (sweet and low), and other artificial sugars.

edit: Once in a while won't hurt, but don't abuse artificial sugar.

zero calories though!
Banned
Feb 2 2009 10:34pm
i always associated xylitol with being a sugar alcohol...
and stevia seems to be sound, but most supps don't contain these

they still continue to use sucralose =/
Gold: 4,451.51
Feb 2 2009 10:56pm
Aspartame is so incredibly bad on many levels, as said. If it gets heated over a certain point, it becomes toxic and highly carcinogenic. Wasn't exactly a good thing when shipped over, and stored in Iraq for the troops (diet stuff).

Also, Thanks very much for info on stuff SKC. I hope you don't mind if I ask a few more as they come along tongue.gif.
Banned
Feb 2 2009 10:58pm
well... sucralose has pretty much replaced aspartame for the most part... but it still has a dark side
Feb 2 2009 11:08pm
Quote (Peachie @ Tue, Feb 3 2009, 12:34am)
i always associated xylitol with being a sugar alcohol...
and stevia seems to be sound, but most supps don't contain these

they still continue to use sucralose =/

There is nothing wrong with Xylitol...or Sugar Alcohols for that matter. It has zero impact on your glycemic index...your body will not produce insulin to counter-act its effects. You can safely consume xylitol even if you are cutting....but for a zero calorie option choose stevia.

This is only when you are using a product constantly that you'd like to opt for this.

if you are using a protein or creatine supp that is sweetened...try these instead:

BB.Com brand (Higher Power) Creatine (monohydrate, micronized, or EEM) UNFLAVORED - mix with 100% grape or apple juice.

NOW! Brand 100% Whey Protein Isolate (NO ARTIFICIAL SHIT, NO SUGAR - TASTES GOOD) - mix with water.

as far as sweetening things like oatmeal, tea, etc. use Xylitol or Stevia.
Feb 2 2009 11:09pm
I AM POSTING THIS TO INFORM ALL OF YOU WITH SIMILAR PROBLEMS TO HELP OUT! THIS IS FROM A CONVO BETWEEN ME AND AN ANONYMOUS JSPER.

Quote (Anonymous @ Thu, Nov 27 2008, 01:20am)
I have been trying to lose weight and get more in shape for some time now but all to fail. I weight about 280 im 6 foot 1
I lift 3 to 5 times a week atleast 30 mins per workout for nothing i only eat about 1 maybe 2 times a day im 18 years old and im not really sure how or what to do in order to actually make myself look good and feel better about myself also. Im tired of being fat and want to be able to do more things and have fun in life but with the weight and everything its really hard to do. Do you have a complete guide or something that I can do or anything like that?

hey there...well i can definitely help you and you don't need a complete guide:

The key to overall weight loss is the following:

- Burn more calories than you take in

- eliminate sugar and simple carbs from your diet

- reduce carbs overall, and increase protein

- eliminate fast foods and frozen foods

- eat every 2-3 hours

- drink ICE water or COLD diet soda only

- Take fat burning supplements like BSN Atrophex or Nutrex Lipo-6

Good overall foods -

Protein - Lean meats like Chicken, turkey, tuna, fish, eggs, lean beef.

Complex Carbs - Whole Grains(all of them, like whole grain breads/pasta/brown rice, etc), Vegetables, legumes.

GOOD fats - Olive Oil, Nuts, Peanut butter, fish, OMEGA 3-6-9 supplements, avocados, etc.

You are going to want to take in only 2,500 calories a day....no more and no less.

You are going to want to get about 60% from protein, 25% from carbs, and 15% from good fats. READ THE LABELS OF WHAT YOU ARE EATING and keep a FOOD JOURNAL so you can add everything up.

MAKE SURE YOU ARE EATING EVERY 2-3 HOURS (SMALL MEALS)

In addition, make sure you do at least ONE HOUR of exercise each day. Cardiovascular activity like running, jogging, swimming, playing a sport, using a cardio machine at the gym, or lifting weights WITHOUT taking breaks...are all acceptable.

If you stick to this plan, Your body on its own burns 2,700 calories a day just from existing. You will be taking in 2,500 cal...which means you are burning 200 cal a day without exercise. Then when you exercise for at least 1 hour, you are expected to burn at least another 300 cal.

This mean 500 cal / day is burned. At the end of the week that is 1 solid pound of FAT....not to mention another pound or two or water and misc.

You also need to be doing at least 1-2 hours of intense physical activity per day....the best idea is to do an hour of strength training and follow up with an hour of cardio for optimal results. Alternatively you could do 30 mins and 30 mins at the beginning of the day, then do 30 and 30 at night....the split works better...because it keeps your metabo up.

if you follow my directions 100% you will slim down in no time.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev174757677782039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll