d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev171727374752039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jan 30 2009 07:20pm
Quote (Anilator(A) @ Thu, Jan 29 2009, 09:43pm)
i think op needs to have a talk with ronnie coleman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EpattQUwyM

We are settling this right now. I am done with you trying to get attention in this thread - you have no credibility and you are a poor excuse for a human being.

Me -

** Doesn't do heavy squats because I go ass-to-floor and it will damage my knees with prolonged use **

** Squats 12.5% more than his Bench **

** Leg Presses to recreate full leg motion with very heavy weight to prevent damage to the knees **

** Has been lifting, training, studying lifting and nutrition, and training others for the better half of my life **

** Has more education in the field than you will ever have **

You -

** You are a nobody without pictures who comes into a thread where I offer free help and advice to people that need it - and try to pick internet fights with me **

** You are so threatened and challenged by the weight of my bench press (notice that you didn't compare it to any of my other lifts) that you have to bash my 12.5% difference as not being enough **

** You state that because someone can lunge 545 lbs (which is more than I choose to squat) that makes lunges a more important exercise. Clearly very logical. **

** Your lifts, both for squat and bench press are substantially less than mine and you will continue to be raged about this fact and troll this tread until you get tired of throwing your tantrum **

The Solution -

Post up pics, post up your credentials, give us your workout routine, and show us the gains and progress you have made.

Lastly, my final order of business.

If you criticize me for not lifting heavy with squats (because of my knees) you are also bashing Arnold Schwarzenegger who intentionally went light on squats and went ass-to-floor in order to build his legs properly without endangering his knees. Arnold often would Bench Press MORE than he would squat. Mind you, Arnold won Mr. Olympia 7 times. That's 7 times more than you will ever win.

So shut your mouth...and stop trying to ruin a good thing in this thread. Your kind is not wanted here. I am surprised the admins haven't banned you from the forums yet - you obviously provide no creative or helpful insight to anyone, but rather you choose to be an antagonistic prick to everyone you talk to.

Also in another comment about the "op flexing to look bigger.." Isn't that the point of flexing? When was the last time you saw a bodybuilder just stand there with muscles flacid to take a picture?

The jealousy will never stop. I've had enough of you...so anything else you say will be plainly disregarded...all questions answered without any attention paid to your idiocy.

Gold: 304.48
Warn: 40%
Jan 30 2009 07:31pm
^^^ check and mate
Jan 30 2009 07:48pm
Quote (Vitan @ Thu, Jan 29 2009, 06:31pm)
Got a question. I am 189.5 meter tall, 17 yrs old, 85-88 kilos. Today I eat:

Turkey Sandwich, little choocholade, calamari + pomes frites with straw berry juice, mixed salat, 3 piece of bread, 1 liter joughurt ( 1/2 fruit / 1/2 pure), 2 small breads with aivar + salami. Is that enough or I shall eat more to gain some weight?

e- I want to reach 95 kilos + (cos I try to build little and playing basketball so need a bit more wink.gif )

Tnx!

Would be nice if you explained your smile so I could also smile and have fun.

Hey there, I'd be glad to help.

If you are trying to bulk up, which is what it sounds like -

try to eat as much as you can...while avoiding excess sugar and sodium (salt).

The best option is to eat a ton of good complex carbs - like whole grain breads, pasta, brown rice, potatoes, cereals (hot and cold) - and also eat good lean protein with every serving of carbs...try Fish, eggs, beef, chicken, turkey, and ham.

In order to gain weight...just also increase your portions and frequency of eating.

Hope this helps!

Jan 30 2009 07:51pm
Quote (Anilator(A) @ Thu, Jan 29 2009, 09:43pm)
i think op needs to have a talk with ronnie coleman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EpattQUwyM

Oh yes...also...I forgot to reply to this lovely post of ronnie doing those small lunges...compared to his GIANT LEG PRESS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llJn1XqqUsI
Jan 30 2009 07:53pm
Quote (shakeandbake47 @ Fri, Jan 30 2009, 01:13am)
Anilator(A) all you're doing is wasting his time which in turn is wating our time.

Now a questin,

This might sound stupid but i need to know
I worked out my chest today so i did flat BB bench press first
135x8 - 185x8 - 225x8 - 245x4 - 245x4
next i did incline DB press
55x8 - 65x8 - 75x8 - 80x8
Now usually i would jump into Pec flies with 30 lb weights
But i started thinking am I doing something bad by lifting kind of heavy (for me) and than jumping into a light weight excersice

Hey there....the only thing you're doing wrong is starting with flat bench. Always start with incline...as it is clearly the harder of the two.

After doing incline, then hit the flat...and finally finish with flies. Finishing with flies is a great thing....as you have already torn and stretched the muscle fibers with heavy weight from the prior exercises...now its time to flood the muscles with blood and nutrients as well as stretch out and break more fibers before leaving the gym. The flies are the perfect grand finale to any chest day.
Jan 30 2009 07:56pm
Quote (lilfatkid01 @ Fri, Jan 30 2009, 10:57am)
a question: i only have wieght access once a week, so ive been doin about 100 to200 push ups a day. i have only gained a good 5 lbs on my bench in.about a month.
so how many push ups should i be doing a day to realy up my bench max

Hey there -

Quality > Quantity

The key is hand and leg positioning during pushups in addition to slow and proper form.

You are going to want to try alternating hand placement (try diamond, wide, narrow, top, bottom, and inverted and see the differences).

Then you are also going to want to try to stack your feet on top of each other so you technically only have one leg touching the floor.

Also try to really go down VERY slowly with each rep and sqeeze the hell out of your chest to the point that it feels like the blood is going to burst from every vessel in your body.

once that's complete...congrats, you have performed 1 rep. Now do 15-20 reps for 4-8 sets TWICE a week.

DO NOT DO MORE THAN THIS...if you do it every day, you will prevent your body from recovering and it will not make any significant gains.
Jan 30 2009 08:03pm
Quote (tsukasa22 @ Fri, Jan 30 2009, 01:39pm)
I have two questions for you SKC,
First off I recent had a semi-dysfunctional rotater cuff and need to figure out some exercise to strengthen it again or put it back in shape you use it, i was doing 175% of my body weight and pushing farther, correct motions and everything it just seems that join is a little weak.

Second off, I know alot of females that wish to cut their cellulite content on their body they aren't necessarily fat just have a genetic problem with it or gain it as soon as and fat cells set on, they are fairly active and at a pretty good bmi. Just looking to shred that unwanted cellulite also, is this a diet issue or a workout routine issue or a combination? and as always if a provided workout// cutting diet plan could be provided i'd love that. Thanks again and hope things are getting better.

Hey there - thanks for the well wishes.

Ok lets see - as far as rotator cuff injuries go, I have had one in the past myself and what works best is the following:

1. ICE IT DOWN for 15-20 mins AFTER EVERY WORKOUT AND BEFORE BED! (Trust me, it sucks, but it really works.)

2. Do "BYE-BYES" - these are a pure rotator cuff exercise. To do a "bye-bye" you will grab a very light dumbbell (5-10 lbs) and put your arm out at a 90 degree angle with your forearm and hand facing away from you like you are midway through pitching a baseball. Keep your elbow at shoulder level and with JUST THE ROTATOR CUFF, move your forearm and hand TOWARD the floor. Pause for a second and repeat.

Perform this exercise 2x a week NOT ON SHOULDER DAYS.

3. See a chiropractor - sometimes if a rotator cuff is slightly out of place, a good chiropractor can do traction therapy on you which will alleviate a lot of the problems in a short period of time.

Secondly - about cellulite -

Unfortunately there is no direct method to removing cellulite besides diet and exercise. Basically this requires constant activity (particularly muscular activity in the areas with cellulite) and a clean diet. With time, body fat losses, and muscular toning in those areas, the cellulite will eventually vanish. Lastly...massage on the tissues effected by cellulite have been shown to help...but not much. This is because of the thermogenic effect.

Therefore, placing a heating pad on the cellulite filled areas before going to bed and sleeping with it on that part of the body can in fact yield gradual losses of fat and cellulite over time.

Hope this helps!
Jan 30 2009 08:05pm
Quote (frenzyplay @ Fri, Jan 30 2009, 04:25pm)
u have poably answered this before but im 10 pounds over wieght
im at 162
im about 5'6 -5'-7
15.. I would like to lose these ten pounds in a healthy and efficient way any recommendations. Ive cut junk food out of my diet maybe 2-3 times a week i might eat some chips.
I do drink protein shakes after workouts.

The best way I can suggest to you how to go about this is the following:

Eat no more than 1,600-1,800 calories per day for your height and bodyweight.

Then on top of that, you are to do at LEAST 1 hour of intense physical activity per day - at least HALF of that should be in the form of cardiovascular activity.

Eliminate sugar (NO SODA OR DESSERTS)

Don't eat any carbohydrates past your 3rd meal (you should be eating small meals every 2-3 hours).

If you do all of this, in conjunction with hitting the gym at least 4 times a week...you will see about 1.5/2.0 lbs of fat lost per week.
Jan 30 2009 08:06pm
Quote (bnrhodes2 @ Fri, Jan 30 2009, 07:21pm)
i hope you realize that the picture of "lunges" isnt actually of a guy doing lunges...

haha he didn't realize it was a clean and press because he's never seen or done one before...remember all he cares about is squats.
Gold: 4,451.51
Jan 30 2009 08:57pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Fri, 30 Jan 2009, 20:06)
haha he didn't realize it was a clean and press because he's never seen or done one before...remember all he cares about is squats.

Can you pm me when you're on? Your message box is full.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev171727374752039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll