d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev17027037047057062039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Feb 27 2011 09:58am
Quote (BlueRevo @ Feb 27 2011 04:14am)
Tbh with a proper diet i do not see a need in taking 100 pills a day...
And too many can be bad for the liver.

Also when taking pills you only absorb about 20-35% of the pill...
You shit out the rest.

Hello -

Please do not offer your advice in this thread. This is not only impolite, but it can also negatively affect other members with wrong/improper/unfounded advice.

If you wish to create a new thread sharing your opinions, please do so - but in this thread, you are not entitled to offer advice. Only myself and 7ds can do that.

Secondly, do not make blanketed statements about proper diet, things being bad for the liver, and pill absorption. These are all specious at best.

The supplements I have have virtually no improper effect on the liver. Even some of the pills I take are for LIVER SUPPORT.

To say that these have bad effects on the liver would be saying that getting these same nutrients from foods would do exactly the same. Do you even know how something effects the liver? Do you know about methylated substances? I'm assuming you don't.

Next, in order for your body to get even 5% of what you can receive from supplements required an absolutely unbelievably diverse diet which is virtually impossible to consume to a normal person, and generally way too high in certain macros (such as sugar from fruit).

To properly get the amount of micronutrients will require supplementation. About 1/2 of my supplementation is for long term health and/or immune system. I have not been sick for quite some time as a result.

The other 1/2 of the supplements are for recovery, increased anabolism, increased fat loss (or in my case, preventing fat gain), and general muscle building and saturation (such as creatine).

Lastly, the absorption rate of supplements is not a blanketed 20-35%. That is another common misconception. It all has to do with the delivery system, quality of ingredients, and type of ingredients. Also it depends on your enzymes, when you take it, and what you take it with. I would say my body is utilizing approximately 75-90% of all the supplements I take, which is right there along with whole foods. The body uses only about 60% of the whole food you eat, expelling the other 40% as waste.

So please, DO NOT OFFER ADVICE IN THIS THREAD!!!

This is your first and only warning you get for this.

You are more than welcome to ask questions, provide thanks, or update me on your progress - other than that, please understand this is for professionals only. Myself and John (7ds), do our best to keep this sticky as clean as possible.

Gold: 0.00
Feb 27 2011 10:01am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Feb 27 2011 11:58am)
Hello -

Please do not offer your advice in this thread. This is not only impolite, but it can also negatively affect other members with wrong/improper/unfounded advice.

If you wish to create a new thread sharing your opinions, please do so - but in this thread, you are not entitled to offer advice. Only myself and 7ds can do that.

Secondly, do not make blanketed statements about proper diet, things being bad for the liver, and pill absorption. These are all specious at best.

The supplements I have have virtually no improper effect on the liver. Even some of the pills I take are for LIVER SUPPORT.

To say that these have bad effects on the liver would be saying that getting these same nutrients from foods would do exactly the same. Do you even know how something effects the liver? Do you know about methylated substances? I'm assuming you don't.

Next, in order for your body to get even 5% of what you can receive from supplements required an absolutely unbelievably diverse diet which is virtually impossible to consume to a normal person, and generally way too high in certain macros (such as sugar from fruit).

To properly get the amount of micronutrients will require supplementation. About 1/2 of my supplementation is for long term health and/or immune system. I have not been sick for quite some time as a result.

The other 1/2 of the supplements are for recovery, increased anabolism, increased fat loss (or in my case, preventing fat gain), and general muscle building and saturation (such as creatine).

Lastly, the absorption rate of supplements is not a blanketed 20-35%. That is another common misconception. It all has to do with the delivery system, quality of ingredients, and type of ingredients. Also it depends on your enzymes, when you take it, and what you take it with. I would say my body is utilizing approximately 75-90% of all the supplements I take, which is right there along with whole foods. The body uses only about 60% of the whole food you eat, expelling the other 40% as waste.

So please, DO NOT OFFER ADVICE IN THIS THREAD!!!

This is your first and only warning you get for this.

You are more than welcome to ask questions, provide thanks, or update me on your progress - other than that, please understand this is for professionals only. Myself and John (7ds), do our best to keep this sticky as clean as possible.

ouuuu told

ight so I was wondering, I was talking to several people about the loading phase with creatine..
very few said follow the 20g per day but to have 5-10g per day and it should do the trick..
is this right?
Feb 27 2011 10:02am
Quote (PureOwnage2 @ Feb 27 2011 09:39am)
Yeah I am going to the chiropractor and see what she says.  It is slightly tender but more like its sore as if you would push on any other sore muscle.  Also it hurts to try to bring my ankle up to my knee as if you were going to put on socks.  I can't get it up high enough without grabbing my leg.

Hmm...let me know what the chiropractor says. As of right now, I would advise very light stretching, anti inflammatory meds 2x per day, at least 1.5gal of water per day, and resting the area in general. Some injuries require more time to recuperate than others...and this seems like it requires more time. As far as an actual diagnosis goes - because I am not yet a doctor, I am not allowed to make a diagnosis on you. Also it is hard to do so withing physically seeing you and being able to visually inspect the hip itself.
Feb 27 2011 10:04am
Quote (Darkblue @ Feb 27 2011 12:01pm)
ouuuu told

ight so I was wondering, I was talking to several people about the loading phase with creatine..
very few said follow the 20g per day but to have 5-10g per day and it should do the trick..
is this right?

negative.

In order to achieve proper creatine saturation you really need to do a loading phase (if using monohydrate). In many scientific studies, it shows that this loading phase helps achieve an overall creatine saturation much more rapidly and for a longer period of time than just doing 5-10g per day total.

You need a 20g / day loading phase for around a week...then you can bump down to 5g-10g/ day (if you're under 200 lbs, 5g / day is fine).

Here's the proper dosing routine:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=332710367
Creatine Dosing
Gold: 0.01
Feb 27 2011 10:05am
Hey Raynor,

So i've been going to gym for only around 2 weeks now, means im not that experienced yet.
I wanted to ask if you could create à gym Plan and Food Plan for me.

Goal: gain Size - chest, Arms, Abs

Stats:

5'4
105 lbs

I Know my stats are lame lol.

Thanks in Advance
Gold: 0.00
Feb 27 2011 10:07am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Feb 27 2011 12:04pm)
negative.

In order to achieve proper creatine saturation you really need to do a loading phase (if using monohydrate). In many scientific studies, it shows that this loading phase helps achieve an overall creatine saturation much more rapidly and for a longer period of time than just doing 5-10g per day total.

You need a 20g / day loading phase for around a week...then you can bump down to 5g-10g/ day (if you're under 200 lbs, 5g / day is fine).

Here's the proper dosing routine:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=332710367
Creatine Dosing

thanks man

ps.

Quote (SKCRaynor @ Feb 26 2011 11:37pm)
As of right now, the current scientific evidence shows that PWO insulin spikes increase the uptake of nutrients to the muscles, and quickly helps replenish glycogen stores.

Everything of what that guy posted sounds fairly biased and unfounded. There are literally hundreds of scientific studies done on PWO sugar, which has found that it is not only essential for recovery, but for muscle growth as well. However, this also suggests that approx 1 hr after a workout a good amount of complex carbs be ingested as well to smooth out the glycemic response over time.

Either way, I have found no other source to back up what he is saying...request sources - if not, shenanigans.

I didnt write this, it was from someone else who showed it to me and its really starting to frustrate me...I hear one person telling me one thing to only hear the opposite somewhere else...
Gold: 50.00
Feb 27 2011 10:43am
Got two questions here

Since I've started this bulk I've already gained 5 pounds is that normal ?

Secondly do I wait 30 minutes after workout to take my cytogainer or immediately after?

Feb 27 2011 10:44am
Quote (FiGi @ Feb 27 2011 12:05pm)
Hey Raynor, 

So i've been going to gym for only around 2 weeks now, means im not that experienced yet.
I wanted to ask if you could create à gym Plan and Food  Plan for me.

Goal: gain Size - chest, Arms, Abs

Stats:

5'4
105 lbs

I Know my stats are lame lol.

Thanks in Advance

Hey there.

Please see these guides which are pefect for you to bulk up and gain some substantial size.

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=335896241
Bulking Diet, workout, and supplement guide

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=345094501
Hardgainer Diet and Exercise Guide
Feb 27 2011 10:45am
Quote (Darkblue @ Feb 27 2011 12:07pm)
thanks man

ps.

I didnt write this, it was from someone else who showed it to me and its really starting to frustrate me...I hear one person telling me one thing to only hear the opposite somewhere else...

I suggest you google it and find some scientific sources. I would say 99.99% of what you will find suggests that PWO insulin spike is required for maximum nutrient uptake into the muscles as well as rapid glycogen replenishment. Whatever that guy said, wherever he got it from, I stand to disagree with it...as does virtually all of the bodybuilding community.
Feb 27 2011 10:48am
Quote (IDUTCIH @ Feb 27 2011 12:43pm)
Got two questions here

Since I've started this bulk I've already gained 5 pounds is that normal ?

Secondly do I wait 30 minutes after workout to take my cytogainer or immediately after?

yes that is normal.

Take the cytogainer ASAP after your workout.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev17027037047057062039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll