d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev16997007017027032039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,375.01
Feb 24 2011 12:39am
Should I be taking creatine on the cut , and also what is a good brand of fish oil?
Gold: 18,204.00
Feb 24 2011 10:06am
Hey raynor, Darkblue posted this article today that contradicts what you say to do when bulking/lifting heavy in reguards to insulin spikes PWO

I've heard people on here talk about it before so I figured I'd share this...

Post-exercise glycogen resynthesis is biphasic. Unlike the subsequent slow phase which can last several hours, the initial rapid phase of glycogenesis lasting 30-60 minutes immediately post-exercise is not dependent upon insulin. Maximizing post-workout hyperinsulinemia may be beneficial for athletes with more than a single exhaustive endurance-containing training bout separated by less than approximately 8 hours, but in all other cases, the benefit in spiking insulin is nil.

1. No greater inhibition of muscle protein breakdown has been seen beyond insulin elevation to approximately 15 μU/l, which is slightly above resting/basal levels of 5-10 μU/l.

2. The initial 30-60 minute rapidï phase of glycogenesis immediately post-exercise is not dependent upon insulin.

3. Theres no need to attempt to spike insulin for recovery purposes since maximal effects are seen at minimal elevations. Simply getting enough total substrate surrounding the training bout suffices, at least within the context of a 24-hour separation between exhaustive training of the same muscles. Multiple depleting endurance-type bouts per day (i.e., < 8 hours between bouts) may be the exception to this rule.

And on a final note, its been commonly recommended to maximize post-exercise hyperglycemia and hyperinsulinemia by consuming high-GI carbohydrates. However, this strategy has been seen to offer no benefit on next-day performance, and one recent study even saw endurance impairment.

I am just wondering your opinion on the whole thing for future references. :)

Also, I am not calling you wrong by any means. I wanted to get your opinion on the article :O
Gold: 18,204.00
Feb 24 2011 01:31pm
Also raynor. Something that actually is in regards to me.

A couple of weeks ago I slipped on the ice and pulled or did something to my lift hip. I don't think its my hip flexor but I'm not sure. It goes right up the side of my hip. It hurt to squat so I took a couple weeks off.

The pain isn't there unless I put pressure on it. Aka squatting. It feels like I have 0 hip drive. My squat dropped significantly after the incident. I couldn't stop at parallel or anything other than atg if I wanted to.

Feels bad man :( i want my squat to go back up. I was struggling with 295 today and I was repping out 315 ez before :( I dont have any drive with my hip regardless of the weight.

Help! :(
Gold: 4,098.50
Feb 24 2011 06:38pm
Just a question, sorry fir all of them lol.
would you recommend king salmon for a meal? Instead of the ground beef orr?
Gold: 1,236.37
Feb 24 2011 10:32pm
was wondering if you could maybe throw me a workout routine together when you get the chance.. i used to work out a good bit but then with school and work i started losing time and ended up stopped going to the gym but i continued to eat like i was still going so now i got some extra fat and i've lost some muscle. was wondering if you could put a routine together to help cut my body fat % to help my muscle show and at the same time build muscle..my main focus is arms..i like the look of big arms

6'
183 lbs
Gold: 0.00
Feb 26 2011 11:44am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jul 5 2010 02:18am)
salads are always assuming that you are using Olive Oil and Vinegar. I don't really recommend other dressings for obvious reasons (poor nutritional value and too much sodium/artificials/etc)

probly the nicest dude on H&F....
Gold: 50.00
Feb 26 2011 12:29pm
1. Cytosport Cytogainer (get rid of that myofusion and drink 2 of these a day, one in the morning and one post workout)
2. NOW! Adam (take 1 tablet twice a day)
3. NOW! Digestive Enzymes (take 1 with every meal)
4. NOW! Super Omega 3-6-9 (take 2 softgels, 3 times a day, with meals)

When I take the cytogainer in the morning does that count as a meal? I considered it a meal so I took the digestive enzymes//and the omegas with it.
Gold: 1,310.23
Feb 26 2011 02:16pm
Hey,

So im starting keto monday for my teen bb comp. June 12
my question is about my routine... I've been doing a strength week / hypertrophy week (1 week each, and alternate)

Now im pretty sure that hyptrophy routine is going to be my main goal now correct?
should i still do some sort of strength? (i.e. 2 weeks hyper then 1 week 5x5? )
or like some sort of circuit training / full body workout?

Thanks in advance

This post was edited by TheOak on Feb 26 2011 02:16pm
Gold: 75.00
Feb 26 2011 07:18pm
hey raynor, what supplements do you take? just curious what an elite weightlifter like you do. :)

This post was edited by MegaVovaN on Feb 26 2011 07:18pm
Gold: 40.00
Feb 26 2011 07:31pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jul 27 2008 06:52pm)
IF ANYONE WISHES TO DONATE FG TO ME FOR MY SERVICES THAT IS COMPLETELY UP TO YOU! THIS IS A FREE SERVICE, DONATIONS ARE WELCOME, BUT NOT REQUIRED!

Hello -

first of all let me thank cseitz71690 for informing me about this forum on JSP...I've just been here for D2...but now that I know this forum exists, I may be able to help some of you.

I'm a bodybuilder/powerlifter/strongman competitor. I do the trifecta. I have been lifting, studying nutrition/fitness, and training since I was 13 years old.

9 years later...here I am still doing it...harder than ever.

I am a certified AFPA/ISSA trainer, I hold a bachelor's degree in nutrition with a minor in biology. I just took my MCATS and entry exam into University of Miami Medical School and I begin in the Spring. I'm studying to become a trauma surgeon. I used to work as a paramedic/firefighter - but quit after I realized my calling was in another field.

Anyway - Bodybuilding/power lifting/strongman training is my absolute life. I alternate training between the three. I have helped hundreds of people achieve all the goals they could ever dream of with their bodies.

Now I'm here to give back to all of you (WHO HAVEN'T SCAMMED ME ON D2JSP LOL) and help you all out with 100% completely free training/nutrition/fitness advice.

that's right...EVERYTHING 100% Free.

Although I am not a professional Bodybuilder, Powerlifter, or Strongman - I compete in Florida sometimes for fun. My main goal in life is to build my own body, help others do the same, and repair the bodies of those involved in unfortunate accidents (trauma surgeon).

My stats are as follows:

5'7 (go ahead make fun..)
191 lbs (bulking) 169 lbs (cutting)
21 years old

Best Lifts (completely clean, no equipment) -

Bench Press - 405 lbs x 1
Deadlift  - 425 lbs x 2
Clean and Jerk - 315 lbs x 1
Squats - 455 lbs x 1
Barbell Curl - 185 lbs x 1
Leg Press - 1,400 lbs x 2

If you don't believe who I am, or my lifts I would like to show you some pics.

If you'd like videos...I'd be glad to record them at the gym on my cell phone.

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/3765/0226072247xr7.jpg

and

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/4337/ripped1bf6.jpg

and another...

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/9282/willgym2rt6.jpg

Anyway - if any of you need help with Diet/Nutrition, Training Routines, ETC - PM/POST to me and I will be GLAD to help you.

Don't Spam/Flame/Hijack this thread...if so you will be labeled as a fucktard. =D

Thanks

-SKCRaynor

IF ANYONE WISHES TO DONATE FG TO ME FOR MY SERVICES THAT IS COMPLETELY UP TO YOU! THIS IS A FREE SERVICE, DONATIONS ARE WELCOME, BUT NOT REQUIRED!

Skraynor, what's a GOOD BULKING DIET? I'm 195, 6'1. I'm looking to bulk up good and nice! Send me yours or send me a good one thanks.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev16997007017027032039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll