d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev16966976986997002039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Feb 23 2011 04:48am
Quote (RecenT @ Feb 22 2011 02:43pm)
Could you send me a workout routine possibly meant for me?
I assume I'm an ectomorph(?) from one of your posts I've read. xD

All of my cooked foods have been cooked with olive oil, probably more than 1 tbsp so I guess I'm in good shape.
I'm heading home from college so I'll check my weigh-in soon this week to see my progress.
Thanks in advance once again.

ectomorphs tend to be skinny...if this is you, please follow this:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=345094501

Hardgainer Diet and Exercise Guide
Feb 23 2011 04:50am
Quote (RecenT @ Feb 22 2011 05:51pm)
I also have another question.

I read back a couple more pages and saw that when you overcook olive oil, you eliminate its antioxiadants which increases cancer from free radicals.

How do I know when the oil is 'overcooked'? Would a clearish smoke appear from the pan?
Also, if I was cooking chicken or eggs, I use olive oil since I don't have corn oil. If smoke starts coming out from say the chicken being cooked, does this also mean that the olive oil has gone bad or am I safe so long as the oil doesn't create smokes by itself with no other substance on the pan.

Tentionally, when I cook lean beef for the meatballs for spaghetti as well, smoek do appear and I'm assuming thats fine cause I use a lid to help preserve the smoke ( water vapor? ) so that the chicken / meatball would be a bit more moist..

Lastly, when I cook something like this, a lot of water or liquid accumulates on the pan. Then eventually when it cooks for a long time, the water/liquid/marinates soaks up into the food. This is fine as well?

Olive Oil reaches a smoke point where the oil turns clear and loses it's thickness - this is when the oil is useless. I would recommend using a higher smoke point oil like vegetable oil, canola oil, or flax oil.

As far as smoke from meats cooking and so forth, that's totally normal and has to do with water vapors - not with degredation or oxidation. Same goes for the liquid that the food soaks in.

Just try not to overheat your olive oil lol
Feb 23 2011 04:51am
Quote (MegaVovaN @ Feb 22 2011 06:10pm)
hey raynor, is possible that after drinking so much milk with lactaid pills that now my intestines are starting to produce lactase? as you may know i been drinking a shitton of milk since i started bulking, i was lactose intolerant so i took lactaid pills. But now I don't really get bloating/gas/diahrea or anything like that after drinking lots of milk.

Not that I have ever heard of. It's more than likely that you have leftover enzymes. It's also possible your body has indeed built up a natural store of the enzymes to break down the dairy...however I wouldn't count on it. It's most likely going to return back to where it was before - but if you want to see if it does, give it a shot - I'd be curious to find out.
Feb 23 2011 04:52am
Quote (EverNineAfter @ Feb 22 2011 06:46pm)
hey raynor, about milk and dairy products in general...i really dont like drinking milk ,i mean it tastes good and im not lactose intolerant , but i would just like to stop drinking milk all together, is their an alternative to milk aas to what benefits it gives you? like i dont want to say kcik someone in the leg and have my leg break instantly or some shit like that? so yea...let me know thanks

for a good substitute for milk, just drink whey protein shakes. You can also add calcium/magnesium/potassium powder to the shakes to give it electrolytes and so forth.

Try Optimum Pro Complex or NOW! Whey isolate
Feb 23 2011 04:53am
Quote (RecenT @ Feb 22 2011 08:13pm)
There's almond milk. More expensive, less quantity.

Please do not offer advice in this thread.

Thank you.
Feb 23 2011 04:55am
Quote (ShogunExplosion @ Feb 22 2011 08:32pm)
anabolic cutting diet (cyclical keto diet)

I was looking at a diet you gave a guy on this link you gave me.
http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&p=304616466
This looks like it is high in protein and fats, not a lot of carbs which is what I am looking for.

In addition, the goal of cutting is to eliminate BODY FAT....which means during periods of not eating (the 3 hours between meals) or the time at the gym when you are already in ketosis, your body is directly buring bodyfat stores instead of muscle or glycogen. It does this because you have reconditioned it to use fat as energy, and not glycogen or muscle. Your body tissue contains a good amount of fat which can be readily used as energy as a result. HOWEVER, if you do not take in enough fat throughout the day, your body will get confused and start catabolizing muscle for energy instead....so you have to make sure to keep fats as the total priority.

It looks as though this is what I want, if you think I am confused on this, just let me know.

The keto diet is for the point of losing fat. If this is your goal, there is no finer plan available. Enjoy.
Feb 23 2011 04:55am
Quote (yCoRrUpT @ Feb 22 2011 11:40pm)
I'm currently on a keto diet. My weakest points in my workout are my legs and shoulders (both on the same day). Should I schedule my carb-ups and my legs/shoulder workouts on the same day?

You can do the legs/shoulders workout either the same day, or the day after for optimal attention to those parts.
Gold: 4,098.50
Feb 23 2011 07:07am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Feb 23 2011 05:55am)
The keto diet is for the point of losing fat. If this is your goal, there is no finer plan available. Enjoy.

Should I use the same diet plan you set up for the other guy?
Gold: 6.66
Feb 23 2011 08:05am
i just wanted to thank you raynor for the powerlifting routine. i got so much tougher with it in only 3 weeks. just pr'd 1*2 250kg deadlift with belt. thank you so much.
Gold: 13.90
Feb 23 2011 10:47am
Hi again, Raynor!

How important is cardio when weightlifting?

I'm skinny, so I don't need too lose fat or anything, I just workout to bulk / add clean muscle mass.

Is it important than?

I havent done any cardio since I started lifting, lol (1 year 1 month now)

I guess I got really bad condition, can't run so long I guess ^^

You're a really nice helper, the one that always helped me with questions about weightlifting.

I can always just post here and ask if I got something to ask, it's really awesome job you doing dude!

Thousands of thanks for your good job, keep it up!

- Johnny.

Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev16966976986997002039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll