d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev16956966976986992039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 53.50
Feb 22 2011 12:43pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Feb 22 2011 05:08pm)
Hey there. First things first, diet looks good - but if you feel that you aren't making good gains, try to increase the macros even further. An easy way would have having a protein shake 3x a day with or without meals (but most importantly POST workout).

secondly, high cholesterol has NOTHING to do with eating eggs...that's total BS. High cholesterol in the blood comes from excessive saturated fat and lack of good unsaturated fat.

To solve this problem, take NOW! Super Omega 3-6-9 (2 pills) with every meal, and/or at least 1tbsp of olive oil with each meal. Not other oil, OLIVE OIL (preferably extra virgin first cold press).

If you follow this, you will bring your cholesterol way down in a short period of time.

Could you send me a workout routine possibly meant for me?
I assume I'm an ectomorph(?) from one of your posts I've read. xD

All of my cooked foods have been cooked with olive oil, probably more than 1 tbsp so I guess I'm in good shape.
I'm heading home from college so I'll check my weigh-in soon this week to see my progress.
Thanks in advance once again.

This post was edited by RecenT on Feb 22 2011 12:47pm
Feb 22 2011 03:51pm
I also have another question.

I read back a couple more pages and saw that when you overcook olive oil, you eliminate its antioxiadants which increases cancer from free radicals.

How do I know when the oil is 'overcooked'? Would a clearish smoke appear from the pan?
Also, if I was cooking chicken or eggs, I use olive oil since I don't have corn oil. If smoke starts coming out from say the chicken being cooked, does this also mean that the olive oil has gone bad or am I safe so long as the oil doesn't create smokes by itself with no other substance on the pan.

Tentionally, when I cook lean beef for the meatballs for spaghetti as well, smoek do appear and I'm assuming thats fine cause I use a lid to help preserve the smoke ( water vapor? ) so that the chicken / meatball would be a bit more moist..

Lastly, when I cook something like this, a lot of water or liquid accumulates on the pan. Then eventually when it cooks for a long time, the water/liquid/marinates soaks up into the food. This is fine as well?

This post was edited by RecenT on Feb 22 2011 03:56pm
Gold: 75.00
Feb 22 2011 04:10pm
hey raynor, is possible that after drinking so much milk with lactaid pills that now my intestines are starting to produce lactase? as you may know i been drinking a shitton of milk since i started bulking, i was lactose intolerant so i took lactaid pills. But now I don't really get bloating/gas/diahrea or anything like that after drinking lots of milk.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Feb 22 2011 04:46pm
hey raynor, about milk and dairy products in general...i really dont like drinking milk ,i mean it tastes good and im not lactose intolerant , but i would just like to stop drinking milk all together, is their an alternative to milk aas to what benefits it gives you? like i dont want to say kcik someone in the leg and have my leg break instantly or some shit like that? so yea...let me know thanks
Feb 22 2011 06:13pm
Quote (EverNineAfter @ Feb 22 2011 10:46pm)
hey raynor, about milk and dairy products in general...i really dont like drinking milk ,i mean it tastes good and im not lactose intolerant , but i would just like to stop drinking milk all together, is their an alternative to milk aas to what benefits it gives you? like i dont want to say kcik someone in the leg and have my leg break instantly or some shit like that? so yea...let me know thanks

There's almond milk. More expensive, less quantity.

This post was edited by RecenT on Feb 22 2011 06:13pm
Gold: 4,098.50
Feb 22 2011 06:32pm
anabolic cutting diet (cyclical keto diet)

I was looking at a diet you gave a guy on this link you gave me.
http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&p=304616466
This looks like it is high in protein and fats, not a lot of carbs which is what I am looking for.

In addition, the goal of cutting is to eliminate BODY FAT....which means during periods of not eating (the 3 hours between meals) or the time at the gym when you are already in ketosis, your body is directly buring bodyfat stores instead of muscle or glycogen. It does this because you have reconditioned it to use fat as energy, and not glycogen or muscle. Your body tissue contains a good amount of fat which can be readily used as energy as a result. HOWEVER, if you do not take in enough fat throughout the day, your body will get confused and start catabolizing muscle for energy instead....so you have to make sure to keep fats as the total priority.

It looks as though this is what I want, if you think I am confused on this, just let me know.
Gold: 33.00
Feb 22 2011 09:40pm
I'm currently on a keto diet. My weakest points in my workout are my legs and shoulders (both on the same day). Should I schedule my carb-ups and my legs/shoulder workouts on the same day?
Gold: 3,375.01
Feb 22 2011 09:53pm
Should I be taking creatine on the cut , and also what is a good brand of fish oil?
Gold: Locked
Feb 23 2011 04:05am
so im doing 5x5 workout, i have to press the weight onto by back for squats as i work at home.
this means i cant squat to my heaviest weight and after squats is overhead press, so my shoulders are getting overworked?
need some advice or should i just invest £150-£200 on a squat rack.
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Feb 23 2011 04:46am
Quote (SyB_BaM @ Feb 22 2011 02:42pm)
Hey Raynor,

Variety, how important is that?

How should I variety when workouting at a gym?

At the moment, I'm doing the Hypertrophy program you gave me.

Should I switch any excersices, or program?

When, and so on?

It's good to switch things up every 3 months with a new routine or at least new exercises. Also, at least every other week I like to throw in a few different exercises here and there. Keeps the muscles guessing.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev16956966976986992039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll