d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev166676869702039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 255.17
Jan 28 2009 03:21am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Wed, 28 Jan 2009, 02:24)
thank you for your concern...I honestly appreciate it and am very glad to see you're a good person and not just concerned with himself like so many others on here.

I will clean out my inbox sometime soon - to add insult to injury, now i have the flu. haha. When it rains it pours.

glad to see ur back on the forums raynor, i hope everything is going better with life, and the flu is a small road bump, idk if ur a believer but God has a plan =D
Gold: 2,523.61
Jan 28 2009 06:43am
Hey, would love some advice!

I've been recently trying to increase my muscle mass while still maintaining/lowering my body fat. I eat very well (5-6 meals a day without fail), high protein, low carbs, low fat.

Am I going to be seriously affecting the rate I build muscle mass by doing a lean bulk?

Also, I've been trying to move from a beginner workout to a more intermediate workout focusing on muscle groups rather than just doing say 3x all body work-outs per week (60-90min), now I do 2x upper body (100min) and 1-2x lower body+abs(70min). Any advice here?

I guess you could say my main focus is to bulk up. But I'm not "naturally" slim so I'm enjoying my low body fat atm. biggrin.gif

5' 11.5"
177lb
19y.o
Gold: 22.46
Jan 28 2009 06:45am
Ok i need your help
Im traning kickbox / freeclimbing
theres a tournament next month
and i have 74 kilograms or however you spell it
i need to have 68-69 for a lower category and diet / traning help?
Gold: 0.00
Jan 28 2009 09:49am
Ok well lets see...

glad to see that you appreciate all the help - its always nice to know that I have fans ;-)

(PS - thanks to all of you who stand up when people talk shit...it is genuinely liberating to know that good people still exist, especially in cyberspace)

Let me address your attempt at insulting me.

Generally speaking, Squats and Bench Press are roughly 1.0/1.50 - example, 400lb bench = 600 lb squat - for sake of symmetry.

However, here is where you fail to understand where more than just pure strength and extensive training come in -

When I squat, I go full bend, with my ass literally 2-3 inches from the floor. This puts TREMENDOUS stress on the knees and often I can feel popping from my ligaments extending beyond where they should. Nonetheless, I limit my squatting to 455 for a 1 rep max to prevent any kind of knee injury from occuring.

Now, if you'd take about 1/2 a second to glance at my LEG PRESS figure...you'd probably understand. 1,400 lbs for 2 on the LP. As you should know, sled-based leg press always leads to a smoother, less knee-racking motion. Generally speaking, leg press is usually 250% of a persons squat weight....which puts my potential squat at 560 lbs.

If I was going to do a 90 degree squat, which is what most people at the gym do - I'm sure 560 would be no problem. Ass to floor on the other hand...puts far too much stress on the knees.

So rather than coming in here and flaming me - especially considering I have never done anything wrong by you or anyone else on this thread....is not just an insult to me...but showing your real lack of character to everyone here. Good luck succeeding in anything you do in life - which I highly doubt you ever will.

PS:

I just realized something else, according to your worldly knowledge and astounding brilliance - Famous weight-lifters like Scott Mendelson (who bench pressed 1015 lbs and squats just under 1,000), Gene Rychlak Jr (1,000 lb bench press and a little under 1,000 lb squat), Ryan Kennelly (also 1K bench and under 1K Squat) would definitely be "disgraces" as you say.

Remember, if you can bench press 1015 lbs, your squat should be at least 1,750 lbs per your 1.75 ratio as described with 200lb bench and 350 squat.

I think you should call Mendy up and tell him that he's a disgrace ;-)

ok first of all ass to grass or not 455 is weak for your stats. leg press aint shit dont come in here tryin to tell me about a leg press cause legs press isnt even a top 10 kings of excersies. squats, deads, cleans,lunges etcs are all by far greater movements. second of all if your gonna compare those 1000+bench presses to a fukin squat you have just lost any fukin crediblity you have. do you see those shirts the guys wear for that shit?? a bench press shirt is alot more effective then a squat suit.
the world record RAW bechpress (YES RAW YOU FUKIN MORON) IS in the 700's
the wrold record raw squat is in the 900's

so you see the difference?? legs are supposed to be the strongest muscle in your body, and by far that is..
so stop making excuses for yourself i dont care about some pussy ass leg press an neither do real weightlifters unlike yourself, sorry but true.
man the fuk up stop bein a b1tc squat and deadlift more, i wouldnt be suprised if you actually didnt even do these movements anymore. stupid fuk.

This post was edited by Anilator(A) on Jan 28 2009 09:50am
Gold: 1,955.00
Jan 28 2009 11:45am
Quote (Anilator(A) @ Wed, Jan 28 2009, 10:49am)
ok first of all ass to grass or not 455 is weak for your stats. leg press aint shit dont come in here tryin to tell me about a leg press cause legs press isnt even a top 10 kings of excersies. squats, deads, cleans,lunges etcs are all by far greater movements. second of all if your gonna compare those 1000+bench presses to a fukin squat you have just lost any fukin crediblity you have. do you see those shirts the guys wear for that shit?? a bench press shirt is alot more effective then a squat suit.

so you see the difference?? legs are supposed to be the strongest muscle in your body, and by far that is..
so stop making excuses for yourself i dont care about some pussy ass leg press an neither do real weightlifters unlike yourself, sorry but true.
man the fuk up stop bein a b1tc squat and deadlift more, i wouldnt be suprised if you actually didnt even do these movements anymore. stupid fuk.

You're jealous. He lifts more than you, get over it.

I lift more than you, get over it.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 28 2009 11:45am
Quote (cseitz71690 @ Wed, Jan 28 2009, 05:45pm)
You're jealous. He lifts more than you, get over it.

I lift more than you, get over it.

i never had anything against you manlet.
Gold: 1,955.00
Jan 28 2009 11:56am
Quote (Anilator(A) @ Wed, Jan 28 2009, 12:45pm)
i never had anything against you manlet.

Doesn't matter, all SKCRaynor is doing is offering his professional help to everyone on these forums.

you are trying to put everyone out and talk shit about them. He doesn't get on here often so I'm here to back him up..p

umad?
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jan 28 2009 05:01pm
Quote (Anilator(A) @ Wed, Jan 28 2009, 11:49am)

Lets take another step back shall we.

You are inherantly angry and jealous for whatever reason - stop being so insecure...I'm here to help everyone, even you if that's what you wanted. However, coming across to me and saying things like this makes you out to be a bigger and bigger moron.

Legs are the LARGEST and strongest muscle in the human body...however, where you fail to read or comprehend is that ass-to-floor squats which is not the required squat for setting records (only 90 degree breach is required) - put a LOT of stress on the knees. I simply WILL NOT squat more than 455 for simple measure of not wanting to damage my knees - any professional in the sport knows when to call it quits. I can bench press more than I can squat because my elbows don't suffer as a result (I have naturally resilient elbows....but weaker knees - probably from catching in baseball for several years).

Anyway, you say Leg press isn't even on the top 10 exercises? I beg to differ...and so does nearly any bodybuilder or powerlifter with a brain.

If you were to take any TWO exercises for each muscle group here's what you'd have.

Chest - Bench Press, Dumbbell Press

Back - Deadlift, Rows

Shoulders - Military Press, Standing Barbell Press (clean and press, or snatch and press are both acceptable for this)

Biceps - Standing Olympic Bar Curl, Preacher curl

Triceps - Close-Grip-Bench, Skullcrushers

LEGS - Squats, Leg Press

You say lunges are more important and more noteworthy than squats? Where did you learn to lift? From John Basedow and his Fitness Made Easy videos? (no offense to john or his workouts, he's a millionaire from those)

I have nothing against lunges - as a matter of fact I do them semi-regularly as a warm up to my legs routine. However, by you saying lunges have more impact or credance than legpress makes you horribly mistaken....that's like you saying that cable flies for chest are more important than bench press.

Please take your horrible attempts to sully my reputation elsewhere. You are a sad excuse for a human being, who probably gets mad when he sees people that have achieved more in several years than he can in his entire life. I recommend you change your attitude, or later in life, you will have no one but yourself to look to.

PS -

your 1.75 equation doesn't even compare to raw bench vs raw squat.

Raw bench record (Scott Mendelson) - 715 lbs
Raw squat record (Don Reinhoudt) - 934.5 lbs

thats a ratio of 1.3

a ratio of 1.75 would be 1251.25 raw squat...which has never been achieved raw (as far as records go).

So anyway...continue being a nuisance to everyone on here, and continue to get slammed for it - you're only proving my point further than you are a total waste of space who's obviously insecure, depressed, and has to find reasons to throw his self-hatred at others.

Gold: 255.17
Jan 28 2009 05:08pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Wed, 28 Jan 2009, 17:01)
Lets take another step back shall we.

You are inherantly angry and jealous for whatever reason - stop being so insecure...I'm here to help everyone, even you if that's what you wanted. However, coming across to me and saying things like this makes you out to be a bigger and bigger moron.

Legs are the LARGEST and strongest muscle in the human body...however, where you fail to read or comprehend is that ass-to-floor squats which is not the required squat for setting records (only 90 degree breach is required) - put a LOT of stress on the knees. I simply WILL NOT squat more than 455 for simple measure of not wanting to damage my knees - any professional in the sport knows when to call it quits. I can bench press more than I can squat because my elbows don't suffer as a result (I have naturally resilient elbows....but weaker knees - probably from catching in baseball for several years).

Anyway, you say Leg press isn't even on the top 10 exercises? I beg to differ...and so does nearly any bodybuilder or powerlifter with a brain.

If you were to take any TWO exercises for each muscle group here's what you'd have.

Chest - Bench Press, Dumbbell Press

Back - Deadlift, Rows

Shoulders - Military Press, Standing Barbell Press (clean and press, or snatch and press are both acceptable for this)

Biceps - Standing Olympic Bar Curl, Preacher curl

Triceps - Close-Grip-Bench, Skullcrushers

LEGS - Squats, Leg Press

You say lunges are more important and more noteworthy than squats? Where did you learn to lift? From John Basedow and his Fitness Made Easy videos? (no offense to john or his workouts, he's a millionaire from those)

I have nothing against lunges - as a matter of fact I do them semi-regularly as a warm up to my legs routine. However, by you saying lunges have more impact or credance than legpress makes you horribly mistaken....that's like you saying that cable flies for chest are more important than bench press.

Please take your horrible attempts to sully my reputation elsewhere. You are a sad excuse for a human being, who probably gets mad when he sees people that have achieved more in several years than he can in his entire life. I recommend you change your attitude, or later in life, you will have no one but yourself to look to.

PS -

your 1.75 equation doesn't even compare to raw bench vs raw squat.

Raw bench record (Scott Mendelson) - 715 lbs
Raw squat record (Don Reinhoudt) - 934.5 lbs

thats a ratio of 1.3

a ratio of 1.75 would be 1251.25 raw squat...which has never been achieved raw (as far as records go).

So anyway...continue being a nuisance to everyone on here, and continue to get slammed for it - you're only proving my point further than you are a total waste of space who's obviously insecure, depressed, and has to find reasons to throw his self-hatred at others.

hey raynor can u delete a message i got a private question for you =) thanks
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jan 28 2009 05:08pm
Quote (Boonce @ Wed, Jan 28 2009, 08:43am)
Hey, would love some advice!

I've been recently trying to increase my muscle mass while still maintaining/lowering my body fat. I eat very well (5-6 meals a day without fail), high protein, low carbs, low fat.

Am I going to be seriously affecting the rate I build muscle mass by doing a lean bulk?

Also, I've been trying to move from a beginner workout to a more intermediate workout focusing on muscle groups rather than just doing say 3x all body work-outs per week (60-90min), now I do 2x upper body (100min) and 1-2x lower body+abs(70min). Any advice here?

I guess you could say my main focus is to bulk up. But I'm not "naturally" slim so I'm enjoying my low body fat atm. biggrin.gif

5' 11.5"
177lb
19y.o

Hey there. A lean and clean bulk is definitely not a hindrance to muscle building for the casual athlete and amateur bodybuilder or fitness freak. However, if you are looking to end up like Jay Cutler or Arnold Schwarzenegger, don't get your hopes up with your current plan ;-)

here's my advice -

take in about 100-120g carbs a day, all complex and spread them out between the first 2-3 meals of the day. After the 3rd meal, cut out carbs completely - this will help prevent you from gaining any fat, while still maintaining a solid energy level at the gym.

Secondly, if you like 4/5 day splits try to split like this:

mon - chest/back
tues - legs/abs
weds - shoulders/arms
thurs - abs/calves/forearms
friday - cardio
sat - OFF
sun - OFF

make sure you get in at least 20 sets of each muscle group (10 sets for abs/calves/forearms), so that means 30-40 sets per day - MINIMUM!. (roughly 2 hours)

MAKE SURE TO GET ENOUGH FAST ACTING PROTEIN PRE AND POST WORKOUT!!

also, you can try a good stimulant and fat burner like Lipo-6 or Jet Fuel - both are superior products.

Quote (tsukasa22 @ Wed, Jan 28 2009, 05:21am)
glad to see ur back on the forums raynor, i hope everything is going better with life, and the flu is a small road bump, idk if ur a believer but God has a plan =D

Thank you for the well wishes, I appreciate it.

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Jan 28 2009 05:08pm
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev166676869702039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll