d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev16666676686696702039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Feb 6 2011 10:03pm
Quote (KidDynamit @ Feb 6 2011 11:34pm)
hi bro

I've two question for you. Im thinking about buying fat burner but people around me tells me that it isn't that good for your health so i'm wondering what's bad about taking fat burners.

I'm also looking to buy from svncanada as im canadian and friends are gonna call some products from there. So can you look at their supplies and tell me what you would get from there? Heres a link to their fat burners supplies. https://www.svncanada.com/list-weight-loss.php

Thanks bro

hey there.

There is nothing wrong with "fat burners". All they are, is a thermogenic compound, made up mostly of caffeine and herbs which speed up your basal metabolism and help your body to burn more fat through these increased function.

I highly recommend GAT Jet Fuel.

As runners up I would say Lipo-6 Black, BSN Atrophex, OR just a plain 200mg caffeine tablet w/ a 25mg ephedrine tablet (if you can acquire this)

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Feb 6 2011 10:03pm
Gold: 0.00
Feb 6 2011 10:06pm
I'm looking to get some sort of protein to aid me in my goals for gaining muscle mass.
I've never been too knowledgable regarding consumables, so I have a few questions.
Whey protein = fast dissolved
Casein Protein = slow dissolved
Normal Protein = medium dissolved

Is that right? If not, could you tell me what differs about them? Which do you suggest a person uses? And when would be an ideal time to use them?
Gold: 97.66
Feb 6 2011 10:26pm
Hey raynor, can u recommend me a keto meal plan that i WONT be hungry on?

I think my current plan has flaws, i usually add greens to fill me up more, but im hungry all day it seems

Heres a few problems i think i have, salmon 150-170 calories (depending on which brand i get) 36 protein a can and 22g fat, pretty high calories and low protein, when u consider tuna is just 6grams less for 60 calories, maybe il start getting tilapia

eggs, 210 calories for 3 eggs, eggs are my fav food but, only 18 grams protein for that amount of cals

i usually eat like this, meal 1: 3 eggs, 2 oz cheese, cooked in a good amount of butter
then il workout
meal 2: whey, 4 cream
Meal 3: salmon, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 oz cheese, some kind of green if i have it
Meal 4: tuna, 1 olive oil, 1 oz cheese, greens
Meal 5: tuna again with 2 olive oil maybe greens
Meal 6: chicken, 1oz cheese, olive oil

what would u change up so i can maybe eat more, and be less hungry while still eating right cals/fat /protein?

Feb 6 2011 10:42pm
Quote (xVanished @ Feb 7 2011 12:06am)
I'm looking to get some sort of protein to aid me in my goals for gaining muscle mass.
I've never been too knowledgable regarding consumables, so I have a few questions.
Whey protein = fast dissolved
Casein Protein = slow dissolved
Normal Protein = medium dissolved

Is that right? If not, could you tell me what differs about them? Which do you suggest a person uses? And when would be an ideal time to use them?

that is generally correct, however:

Whey protein ISOLATE is the fastest absorbed.
Whey protein CONCENTRATE is fast/medium absorbed.
Mixed protein (whey/milk/casein blend) is medium to slow absorbed.
Pure CASEIN protein is the slowest to absorb.

Optimally you want whey protein isolate when you wake up and post workout.

You want a mixed protein shake in the middle of the day

and you want a CASEIN protein shake before bed.

I am not saying to take 4 shakes a day, however those are the times and types of shakes to use at those times if you desire them.
Gold: 0.00
Feb 6 2011 10:45pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ 6 Feb 2011 23:42)
that is generally correct, however:

Whey protein ISOLATE is the fastest absorbed.
Whey protein CONCENTRATE is fast/medium absorbed.
Mixed protein (whey/milk/casein blend) is medium to slow absorbed.
Pure CASEIN protein is the slowest to absorb.

Optimally you want whey protein isolate when you wake up and post workout.

You want a mixed protein shake in the middle of the day

and you want a CASEIN protein shake before bed.

I am not saying to take 4 shakes a day, however those are the times and types of shakes to use at those times if you desire them.

So informative as always :)
For any regular person working out, which do you suggest and what times of the day?
Feb 6 2011 10:52pm
Quote (KramerFtw @ Feb 7 2011 12:26am)
Hey raynor, can u recommend me a keto meal plan that i WONT be hungry on?

I think my current plan has flaws, i usually add greens to fill me up more, but im hungry all day it seems

Heres a few problems i think i have, salmon 150-170 calories (depending on which brand i get) 36 protein a can and 22g fat,  pretty high calories and low protein, when u consider tuna is just 6grams less for 60 calories, maybe il start getting tilapia

eggs, 210 calories for 3 eggs, eggs are my fav food but, only 18 grams protein for that amount of cals

i usually eat like this, meal 1: 3 eggs, 2 oz cheese, cooked in a good amount of butter
then il workout
meal 2: whey, 4 cream
Meal 3: salmon, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 oz cheese, some kind of green if i have it
Meal 4: tuna, 1 olive oil, 1 oz cheese, greens
Meal 5: tuna again with 2 olive oil maybe greens
Meal 6: chicken, 1oz cheese, olive oil

what would u change up so i can maybe eat more, and be less hungry while still eating right cals/fat /protein?

certainly.

Meal 1 - 3 eggs + 2 oz cheese + 1/2 green pepper with a few onions added in.
Meal 2 - whey shake w/ heavy cream + 6 almonds and 2 stalks of celery
Meal 3 - 1 can of tuna + 1 tbsp mayo + 1 oz cheese + celery and green peppers diced up into tuna salad
Meal 4 - 4 boars head hot dogs w/ saurkraut (low sodium and near 0 carb) + mustard
Meal 5 - 4 oz of sliced meat and cheese (try a good salami or bologna w/ any whole milk cheese) on top of a green salad
Meal 6 - 1 cup cottage cheese (lowest carb possible friendship brand 1% pink label type) add heavy cream + 1 tsp peanut butter + 6 almonds + cinnamon

total carbs for the day <25g
total protein for the day >200g
total fat for the day >160g

remember...your fats need to be at least 60% of your daily caloric requirements. Fat = 9cal per gram, and protein/carb = 4cal per gram.

that means approx 2.2g of protein = 1g of fat in terms of calories.

So for a 200g protein diet you would need at LEAST 135g fat....more is okay if caloric needs are required to be met.

This above diet assumes you need approximately 2,350 calories a day for cutting. If you need less, you can reduce the fat and/or protein as needed to match the following:

Cals - calculate BMR, average male of 5'10 200 lbs would need approximately 2,000 calories a day to burn fat on keto with moderate exercise. (google BMR calculator)
Protein - 1g per pound of LEAN body weight (if you are 200 lbs and 15% bf, your lean body weight is 200 lbs - 15% [30 lbs] for a total of 170g protein per day)
Fat - 60% of daily calories, minimum.
Carbs - no more than 25g per day total, all from nuts/green veggies/whey shakes/dairy ONLY. No grains/sugar/etc.

Feb 6 2011 10:53pm
Quote (xVanished @ Feb 7 2011 12:45am)
So informative as always :)
For any regular person working out, which do you suggest and what times of the day?

Whey protein isolate, take one shake post-workout (approx 40g protein) with around 30-40g simple sugar (sugar, dextrose, waxy maize, fructose, etc.) and another 30-40g complex carbs after that. Avoid fats with your post workout shake.

If you want to supplement additional protein, morning protein shakes with whey isolate are also very good. Add a banana or other high sugar fruit for optimal absorption.
Gold: 801.76
Feb 6 2011 10:54pm
Hello. Can you empty your PM-box? :) Would love to ask you some questions
Feb 6 2011 11:03pm
Quote (Thye @ Feb 7 2011 12:54am)
Hello. Can you empty your PM-box? :) Would love to ask you some questions

Please post all questions in the thread. I can not answer PM's at this time. Sorry!
Gold: 97.66
Feb 6 2011 11:04pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Feb 6 2011 11:52pm)
certainly.

Meal 1 - 3 eggs + 2 oz cheese + 1/2 green pepper with a few onions added in.
Meal 2 - whey shake w/ heavy cream + 6 almonds and 2 stalks of celery
Meal 3 - 1 can of tuna + 1 tbsp mayo + 1 oz cheese + celery and green peppers diced up into tuna salad
Meal 4 - 4 boars head hot dogs w/ saurkraut (low sodium and near 0 carb) + mustard
Meal 5 - 4 oz of sliced meat and cheese (try a good salami or bologna w/ any whole milk cheese) on top of a green salad
Meal 6 - 1 cup cottage cheese (lowest carb possible friendship brand 1% pink label type) add heavy cream + 1 tsp peanut butter + 6 almonds + cinnamon

total carbs for the day <25g
total protein for the day >200g
total fat for the day >160g

remember...your fats need to be at least 60% of your daily caloric requirements. Fat = 9cal per gram, and protein/carb = 4cal per gram.

that means approx 2.2g of protein = 1g of fat in terms of calories.

So for a 200g protein diet you would need at LEAST 135g fat....more is okay if caloric needs are required to be met.

This above diet assumes you need approximately 2,350 calories a day for cutting. If you need less, you can reduce the fat and/or protein as needed to match the following:

Cals - calculate BMR, average male of 5'10 200 lbs would need approximately 2,000 calories a day to burn fat on keto with moderate exercise. (google BMR calculator)
Protein - 1g per pound of LEAN body weight (if you are 200 lbs and 15% bf, your lean body weight is 200 lbs - 15% [30 lbs] for a total of 170g protein per day)
Fat - 60% of daily calories, minimum.
Carbs - no more than 25g per day total, all from nuts/green veggies/whey shakes/dairy ONLY. No grains/sugar/etc.

I have been going for 170g fat, i think u said that was a good number before and i stuck with it, and usually have 10-15 carbs a day, 200prot

I started this diet in november and lost 30 lbs, 237-207, i only did cardio first month tho,the months after that i still lost weight ,but it was alot slower. I recently started cardo again this week, month4
and i want to see if i can still lose some weight now that im doing cardio again, if not , should i lower cals? i followd ur plan from 237 to now, the 2200 cal plan
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev16666676686696702039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll