d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev164656667682039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jan 27 2009 12:14am
Quote (piller @ Mon, Jan 26 2009, 08:39pm)
wrong no spot reduction STFU AND GTFO

back for a few minutes -

7 deadly sins didn't give bad advice...there is no such thing as "Spot reduction" as MOST PEOPLE seem to think it is...

He was actually 100% right when he said its different for everyone...that's genetics.

there is such a thing genetically and through intense thermogenics....but these are not part of the norm...its a technicality.

As for normal people, you can not INTENTIONALLY lose more fat in one area than another...that's all dependent on GENETICS.

Therefore, spot reduction is not in your control - unless you are already like 8% bodyfat and you apply a heating pad to your abs every night in prep for a competition to lose an extra few ounces around the midsection to define your abs further.

PS:

to all of you more concerned with your questions than all of this horrendous bullshit I've been facing...thanks a lot for your support...appreciate it <E-SARCASM>

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Jan 27 2009 12:16am
Gold: 1,300.00
Jan 27 2009 12:48am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Mon, Jan 26 2009, 11:14pm)
back for a few minutes -

7 deadly sins didn't give bad advice...there is no such thing as "Spot reduction" as MOST PEOPLE seem to think it is...

He was actually 100% right when he said its different for everyone...that's genetics.

there is such a thing genetically and through intense thermogenics....but these are not part of the norm...its a technicality.

As for normal people, you can not INTENTIONALLY lose more fat in one area than another...that's all dependent on GENETICS.

Therefore, spot reduction is not in your control - unless you are already like 8% bodyfat and you apply a heating pad to your abs every night in prep for a competition to lose an extra few ounces around the midsection to define your abs further.

PS:

to all of you more concerned with your questions than all of this horrendous bullshit I've been facing...thanks a lot for your support...appreciate it <E-SARCASM>

Eh whatever, my weight training teacher told us that the face was the first noticeable spot that lost fat.

This post was edited by jn134o8 on Jan 27 2009 12:48am
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jan 27 2009 01:53am
Quote (jn134o8 @ Tue, Jan 27 2009, 02:48am)
Eh whatever, my weight training teacher told us that the face was the first noticeable spot that lost fat.

and that's fine...

but it differs with each person.

what are the credentials of your weight training teacher? Probably a degree in education.

Ask pro bodybuilders, power lifters, nutritionists, and everyone in the field.

The reason the face is most noticeable is because it is the most presented part of your body. Also, imagine 10% loss of fat in the face...given the surface area of the face, that would be a lot and easy to notice...10% fat loss in a fat stomach might not be as noticeable.

p.s. -

we're talking spot reduction - not what places might appear to be leaning out faster than others...there is a difference.

For example, the last place for a man to reduce fat is the stomach and lower back. The first places are the arms, legs, and upper back.

For women, the last place is the glutes (ass), hips, and thighs. The first place is the arms, chest (sadly), and shoulders.

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Jan 27 2009 01:54am
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 27 2009 11:30am
Ok first Im french so my english my suck!
Hi my name is Mario im 25 year old im 6-2 208 pounds my fat % might be at 13-14 ive take 25 pounds in the last 5 month doing hyperthrophy and im gonna start a diet next month, i would like to have an idea of what i could do for training. i know i have to do endurance 12-20 rep 45 60 sec brake but as exercice and shit, should i do super set and thing like that!
Thanks 4 your time!!
For your information im a phys ed and i use to work in gym so i know a lot of stuff but i want a new opinion(tough)
Jan 27 2009 04:48pm
Quote (hardboutc @ Tue, Jan 27 2009, 05:30pm)
Ok first Im french so my english my suck!
Hi my name is Mario im 25 year old im 6-2 208 pounds my fat % might be at 13-14 ive take 25 pounds in the last 5 month doing hyperthrophy and im gonna start a diet next month, i would like to have an idea of what i could do for training. i know i have to do endurance 12-20 rep 45 60 sec brake but as exercice and shit, should i do super set and thing like that!
Thanks 4 your time!!
For your information im a phys ed and i use to work in gym so i know a lot of stuff but i want a new opinion(tough)

I might be wrong but SKCRaynor probably won't have time to answer you like he anwsered people for 60+ pages. I recommand you to simply create a post in the health and fitness section, many people there have a lot of experience/knowledge!

To SKC thats a message I wanted to send you, but your pm box is full as many people are complaining here about... :

Hi mate,

I can believe how some of the people posting in your thread are SO disrespectfull toward you and what you are going through at the moment! (I just cant express how moronic SamuelJackson post was.)

I am hoping things will sort out completly and that your situation will soon alow you to take some time for yourself!

I don't really know you, but you give me the image of a great person, and I just hate how bad things can happen to someone like you.

Why don't you get your topic locked for a while?Aask someone to edit the first post in order to explain to everyone whats going on?

Good luck

Jan 27 2009 09:55pm
if your such a professional why do you bench and squat just about the same weight.. that is a horrible imbalacne if you ask me.. bench 405 and squat 450?? your doing somethign wrong op.
Jan 27 2009 10:07pm
Quote (Anilator(A) @ Tue, Jan 27 2009, 10:55pm)
if your such a professional why do you bench and squat just about the same weight.. that is a horrible imbalacne if you ask me.. bench 405 and squat 450?? your doing somethign wrong op.

Mad cause he benches more than you?
Jan 27 2009 10:10pm
Quote (:Thanatos: @ Wed, Jan 28 2009, 04:07am)
Mad cause he benches more than you?

just curious to why someone so "professional" is horribly unbalanced.. and a common thing to laugh about is people with huge upper bodies compared to legs.. and the op of this thread who has made 1000's in fg falls into this laughable categorty.. if your benchpressing 400lbs you better be kicken up 500+ with your legs at least. unless you ve had a huge injury snapping a knee while squatting or something. i have 0 respect for the op of this thread cause he is a disgrace to any true weightlifter.
Jan 27 2009 10:12pm
Quote (Anilator(A) @ Tue, Jan 27 2009, 11:10pm)
just curious to why someone so "professional" is horribly unbalanced.. and a common thing to laugh about is people with huge upper bodies compared to legs.. and the op of this thread who has made 1000's in fg falls into this laughable categorty.. if your benchpressing 400lbs you better be kicken up 500+ with your legs at least. unless you ve had a huge injury snapping a knee while squatting or something. i have 0 respect for the op of this thread cause he is a disgrace to any true weightlifter.

Perhaps he is genetically strong in his upperbody? I'd hate to ask you to use logic or benefit of the doubt, it might make your brain hurt.
Gold: 4,451.51
Jan 27 2009 10:13pm
Uhmmm, knowledge and physical status are two different things. That said, there's something to be said for preaching what you practice.

This guy is very knowledgeable, and has helped out many people. I see no reason for you being a prick to the dude for not even meeting or talking to him.

Edit: I'll let him speak for himself when he comes back though.

This post was edited by impulsepainter on Jan 27 2009 10:14pm
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev164656667682039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll