d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev163646566672039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Retired Moderator
Gold: 355.06
Trader: Trusted
Jan 25 2009 05:38pm
Quote (jn134o8 @ Sun, Jan 25 2009, 06:02pm)
Whatever, a couple of my buddies have loss a lot of weight and the first place I noticed it was their faces.

So you commonly stare at your buddies faces? And the rest of their body.
I dont even need to fucking prove you wrong if you think you can spot lose fat. Find a study to prove me wrong then.
Dont give advice in here, or in the h&F, you're just giving bad miss leading advice.
Gold: 1,300.00
Jan 25 2009 05:52pm
Quote (7_Deadly_Sins @ Sun, Jan 25 2009, 04:38pm)
So you commonly stare at your buddies faces? And the rest of their body.
I dont even need to fucking prove you wrong if you think you can spot lose fat. Find a study to prove me wrong then.
Dont give advice in here, or in the h&F, you're just giving bad miss leading advice.

Honestly, bro, your mind is in the gutter. Yes, I do look at my buddies faces, as I see them everyday at school, Jesus. And I never said that you can choose a specific spot to lose fat, I just said that your face is the first NOTICEABLE spot where fat is lost.

http://www.articlesbase.com/fitness-articles/how-to-lose-face-fat-86414.html

This post was edited by jn134o8 on Jan 25 2009 05:52pm
Retired Moderator
Gold: 355.06
Jan 25 2009 06:06pm
Quote (jn134o8 @ Sun, Jan 25 2009, 07:52pm)
Honestly, bro, your mind is in the gutter. Yes, I do look at my buddies faces, as I see them everyday at school, Jesus. And I never said that you can choose a specific spot to lose fat, I just said that your face is the first NOTICEABLE spot where fat is lost.

Not true, I'm looseing fat and my face is the same, yet I can see my abs better.
It's not the same for everyone.
wink.gif
Gold: 673.00
Jan 25 2009 06:25pm
Quote (jn134o8 @ Sun, Jan 25 2009, 06:52pm)

Spot-reduction is a myth. You can't win this argument.
Jan 25 2009 07:12pm
Quote (Bail @ Sun, Jan 25 2009, 05:25pm)
Spot-reduction is a myth. You can't win this argument.

Please, re-read that post, thank you, kind sir.
Gold: 8,422.77
Jan 26 2009 02:46am
hey guys -

so sorry for the constant disappearances...

I can update you all:

1. My dad had a 2nd stroke a little over a month ago which was the first thing that took me off of here.

2. After things got stabilized with him, bills here needed to get paid and I took up additional working hours to earn more money.

3. School started back up, and I have piles of papers and homework to do - not even enough time to hit the gym twice a day as I was doing previously.

My current regimen is as follows - Wake up, eat, study, eat, school, eat, work, eat, gym, eat, go home, study, eat, sleep, REPEAT.

I am sorry for letting you guys down and not being able to reply to my FULL INBOX...and all of the questions on the thread....as soon as things are less chaotic I will be back with a vengeance and able to answer all the questions and help all of you again.

But as for right now I will settle something about SPOT reduction:

While spot reduction is not possible through diet and exercise alone - it is possible through well placed thermogenic assistance, or naturally high thermogenic concentrations in that area.

Here;s the deal, if you expose a certain part of your body to constant direct heat for a long period of time for multiple days on end...you will most definitely see "spot reduction" of body fat in that area (pending that you are dieting and exercising as well). Using a heating pad on your abs or glutes at night has been proved to reduce fat in those areas more rapidly than with exercise and diet alone. I personally do not recommend this for casual dieters...this is for hardcore bodybuilders preparing for a show only.

Also if you have a naturally high concentration of heat in an area of your body because of physical/genetic traits, this will help as well.

Heat is the enemy of fat tissue - the more heat applied to an area for an extended period of time will help break apart the lipids. So when a specific exercise is performed - lets say hanging leg raises, you are concentrating a lot of heat on the abdominals...so therefore it should be killing fat in the abs right? WRONG.

The problem with this is that doing hanging leg raises works out to a total of maybe 5-10 minutes of actual exercise and heat centered on that area. The moment you stop, the heat rapidly dissipates. The only way to stop heat dissipation is to wear insulating clothing while working out. WARNING - THIS CAN LEAD TO HEAT STROKE, DEHYDRATION, AND CAN CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY!

The bottom line =

Spot Reduction exists...but not in the way most would imagine. For all of you that are NOT preparing for a bodybuilding competition - do NOT waste your time with trying applied heat over a long course of time.

As for those who do thousands of crunches hoping for abs....sorry to burst your bubble....but it doesn't work like that ;-)

Some people have great genetics and naturally lose fat in certain areas faster than other....but most men lose fat in the stomach and lower back the slowest (this is partly due to genetics that have been established over hundreds/thousands of years of evolution)

So everyone quit bickering over spot reduction - if you want washboard abs and a ripped physique...get to the gym 2x a day for 2 hours each time....follow up your strength workouts with 45-60 mins of solid hardcore cardio, and reduce your carb intake (dont even eat carbs after ur 3rd meal)...and eliminate sugar intake all together. Eat every 2-3 hours, and make sure to get at least 1-2g protein/lb of bodyweight.

Hope to be back soon!
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Jan 26 2009 03:08am
ur pm box is full...........
Jan 26 2009 06:18pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Mon, Jan 26 2009, 01:46am)
hey guys -

so sorry for the constant disappearances...

I can update you all:

1. My dad had a 2nd stroke a little over a month ago which was the first thing that took me off of here.

2. After things got stabilized with him, bills here needed to get paid and I took up additional working hours to earn more money.

3. School started back up, and I have piles of papers and homework to do - not even enough time to hit the gym twice a day as I was doing previously.

My current regimen is as follows - Wake up, eat, study, eat, school, eat, work, eat, gym, eat, go home, study, eat, sleep, REPEAT.

I am sorry for letting you guys down and not being able to reply to my FULL INBOX...and all of the questions on the thread....as soon as things are less chaotic I will be back with a vengeance and able to answer all the questions and help all of you again.

But as for right now I will settle something about SPOT reduction:

While spot reduction is not possible through diet and exercise alone - it is possible through well placed thermogenic assistance, or naturally high thermogenic concentrations in that area.

Here;s the deal, if you expose a certain part of your body to constant direct heat for a long period of time for multiple days on end...you will most definitely see "spot reduction" of body fat in that area (pending that you are dieting and exercising as well). Using a heating pad on your abs or glutes at night has been proved to reduce fat in those areas more rapidly than with exercise and diet alone. I personally do not recommend this for casual dieters...this is for hardcore bodybuilders preparing for a show only.

Also if you have a naturally high concentration of heat in an area of your body because of physical/genetic traits, this will help as well.

Heat is the enemy of fat tissue - the more heat applied to an area for an extended period of time will help break apart the lipids. So when a specific exercise is performed - lets say hanging leg raises, you are concentrating a lot of heat on the abdominals...so therefore it should be killing fat in the abs right? WRONG.

The problem with this is that doing hanging leg raises works out to a total of maybe 5-10 minutes of actual exercise and heat centered on that area. The moment you stop, the heat rapidly dissipates. The only way to stop heat dissipation is to wear insulating clothing while working out. WARNING - THIS CAN LEAD TO HEAT STROKE, DEHYDRATION, AND CAN CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY!

The bottom line =

Spot Reduction exists...but not in the way most would imagine. For all of you that are NOT preparing for a bodybuilding competition - do NOT waste your time with trying applied heat over a long course of time.

As for those who do thousands of crunches hoping for abs....sorry to burst your bubble....but it doesn't work like that ;-)

Some people have great genetics and naturally lose fat in certain areas faster than other....but most men lose fat in the stomach and lower back the slowest (this is partly due to genetics that have been established over hundreds/thousands of years of evolution)

So everyone quit bickering over spot reduction - if you want washboard abs and a ripped physique...get to the gym 2x a day for 2 hours each time....follow up your strength workouts with 45-60 mins of solid hardcore cardio, and reduce your carb intake (dont even eat carbs after ur 3rd meal)...and eliminate sugar intake all together. Eat every 2-3 hours, and make sure to get at least 1-2g protein/lb of bodyweight.

Hope to be back soon!

So, there is a thing called spot reduction? Maybe 7_Deadly_Sins should listen to his own advice and stop "giving bad miss leading advice".

Thank you, kind sir, for your input.
Gold: 304.48
Warn: 40%
Jan 26 2009 06:39pm
Quote (jn134o8 @ Tue, Jan 27 2009, 12:18am)
So, there is a thing called spot reduction? Maybe 7_Deadly_Sins should listen to his own advice and stop "giving bad miss leading advice".

Thank you, kind sir, for your input.

wrong no spot reduction STFU AND GTFO
Gold: 0.00
Jan 26 2009 10:00pm
Your inbox is full, if you could pm me telling me when it's open that would be helpful so I can send my pm.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev163646566672039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll