d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev16296306316326332039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Jan 11 2011 10:12pm
is it possible to make a cutting diet out of the following :

eggs
fish
greens
fruits
protein powder
whole grains

if so could you make a diet plan that i can follow , also i plan to juice most of the greens / fruits or make smoothies from them, i dont plan to eat much meat maybe some chicken here and there mainly fish though. and i plan to use protein powder to hit what ever amount i need.

basically , im trying to incorporate "raw food" diet with fish,eggs,powder, and grains.

E: or could you edit the oen you gave me before to fit the example foods and hit 2600 cals or so

Breakfast - 3/4 cup oatmeal, 3 scrambled eggs, ice water (drink ice water to raise your metabolism)
Meal 2 - 1 can of tuna fish made w/ veggies + 1 slice whole grain bread (or half a baked potato or 3/4 cup cooked brown rice)
Meal 3 - Salad with grilled chicken (use 100% extra virgin olive oil and vinegar as the dressing, all veggies and chicken, no croutons or any carb)
Meal 4 - 3 hard boiled eggs + 2 oz cheese + veggies or salad
Meal 5 - 40 gram Protein shake
Meal 6 - 1 cup 2% cottage cheese with mixed nuts and cinnamon

This post was edited by EverNineAfter on Jan 11 2011 10:37pm
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jan 11 2011 10:24pm
Quote (Alyon @ Jan 11 2011 11:44pm)
Hey raynor I'm a huge fan of your advice and altruistism to help others become fit.  I've been doing a little independent research and I came across this. 

So how much protein does a person need? According to the FDA, it's about 30 grams per day, depending on your weight and activity level, and even that number is extremely padded. Assume 40-70 grams if you're very active (e.g., weight training, a marathon runner, etc). The bottom line is to see what works for you. You'll be amazed at how much more energy you have when you eat a diet high in Raw organic foods such as fresh fruits and vegetables with nuts and seeds, and you're not bogged down because your body is trying to digest all that cooked and denatured protein.

If 30 is the avg. why do most of the meal plans recommended  on here suggest eating your body weight in protein?

Hey there. Thanks very much for the nice words.

well to answer your question fully...that article you posted is 100% untrue. There is no scientific backing for that, nor is it even remotely based on any type of fact. First of all, the FDA recommends 60g of protein per day, not 30. Secondly, if the FDA had any knowledge or wisdom, I'm sure they would have stopped fluoridating public water supplies years ago, stopped making inoculations mandatory, and stopped allowing the use of mercury in virtually every consumable good imaginable. Moreover, drugs like vioxx which caused more deaths than heroin or PCP manage to slip through the cracks of the watchful FDA's eye.

Basically the FDA are a bunch of screw-ups who honestly don't give two shits about your health and basically throw a dart at the wall to decide what's good you for and what isn't.

Bottom line is that protein is the most important macronutrient, PERIOD. Without it, there are no amino acids in the body which are the building blocks of EVERYTHING.

Generally 1g/ lb of bodyweight is sufficient - but in some cases more is required.

Lastly, organically grown produce is indeed somewhat better for you than regular foods because of the lack of pesticides and chemicals contained therein. However you will not notice short term effects...more like an increased chance of better long term health - which even still isn't proven. I do advocate organic produce when available (wash it anyway before eating) although it is certainly not required for good health.

Hope that helps!
Gold: 2,810.00
Warn: 40%
Jan 11 2011 10:47pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jan 11 2011 11:46pm)
OK first things first.

100mg + 100mg first thing in the AM is fine.

then another 100+100 before a workout is fine.

any more than that is overkill and not advised.

fish oil will NOT lower your heart rate...where did you hear that? That has absolutely nothing to do with lowering your heart rate when it is jacked up from artificial stimulants. In addition, your increased heart rate is part of what burns the calories and forces increased metabolic drive. This is one of the reasons that stimulants are so dangerous when overdone.

Taking in "large" amounts of creatine won't do anything. Keep it to 5-10g per day maximum. There is no need to go more than that or else you will just piss it out and waste your money while also seriously stressing your kidneys.

BCAA's are important.

Also this diet idea of yours is not good for cutting. If you want to cut properly AND MAINTAIN AS MUCH MUSCLE AS POSSIBLE - you need to be on KETO...plain and simple.

Excessive stimulants won't make you shred up, proper diet with enough good strength routines + cardio will.

The stimulants are best used to ASSIST in the fat loss process

sorry about what i said about the fish oil, i didnt mean heart rate i meant it will help counter the increase in blood pressure, my mistake

ud recommend me only taking 2x 100/100 doses a day? alright sounds good
when i said large amounts i only meant large amounts of bcaa's and obviously just 5-10 grams of creatine (i split 5 before 5 after workout)
I am aware keto is the best option, but i will be cutting while im at school, and i will not be able to eat the food needed to maintain ketosis, just gonna stick to a high protein moderate fat and low carb diet as much as i can.
Also as far as cardio go's what would you reccomend?
I was told not to do HIIT while on the EC stack "Well, you can skip an EC dose and do HIIT if you like. The danger is that your heartrate may go too high. If you have a heart rate monitor, keep track of your heart rate. I definitely would not go above 160 bpm. Otherwise, go at a moderate pace. Running should be ok (IF you are used to it), it's sprinting that would be an issue."

Thanks for all the help man

This post was edited by EconomicGod on Jan 11 2011 10:47pm
Jan 11 2011 11:05pm
Quote (EverNineAfter @ Jan 12 2011 12:12am)
is it possible to make a cutting diet out of the following :

eggs
fish
greens
fruits
protein powder
whole grains

if so could you make a diet plan that i can follow , also i plan to juice most of the greens / fruits or make smoothies from them, i dont plan to eat much meat maybe some chicken here and there mainly fish though. and i plan to use protein powder to hit what ever amount i need.

basically , im trying to incorporate "raw food" diet with fish,eggs,powder, and grains.

Hey there.

That's quite easy to do for cutting - just eliminate the fruits and grains and do straight keto. On the carb days, eat up on the fruits and grains.

However, if you don't want to do it that way, here is the easiest way to make a simple cutting diet from your above specifications:

calculate your BMR (google this)

then you will take your BMR, say 2,500 - and subtract 500 cals from that.

You will take in 2,000 cals a day to cut. From there, you will eat carbs only during the first 3 meals of the day. The 2nd 3 meals are just fats/proteins and greens if desired.

Just calculate the nutrition of each item you wish you eat, and prepare accordingly. Remember to eat every 2-3 hrs, and also make sure to drink at least 1 gal of water per day.
Gold: 75.00
Jan 11 2011 11:10pm
raynor just out of curiousty, are you an ectomorph, meso, or endo?
Jan 11 2011 11:11pm
Quote (EconomicGod @ Jan 12 2011 12:47am)
sorry about what i said about the fish oil, i didnt mean heart rate i meant it will help counter the increase in blood pressure, my mistake

ud recommend me only taking 2x 100/100 doses a day? alright sounds good
when i said large amounts i only meant large amounts of bcaa's and obviously just 5-10 grams of creatine (i split 5 before 5 after workout)
I am aware keto is the best option, but i will be cutting while im at school, and i will not be able to eat the food needed to maintain ketosis, just gonna stick to a high protein moderate fat and low carb diet as much as i can.
Also as far as cardio go's what would you reccomend?
I was told not to do HIIT while on the EC stack "Well, you can skip an EC dose and do HIIT if you like. The danger is that your heartrate may go too high. If you have a heart rate monitor, keep track of your heart rate. I definitely would not go above 160 bpm. Otherwise, go at a moderate pace. Running should be ok (IF you are used to it), it's sprinting that would be an issue."

Thanks for all the help man

Hey there.

for cardio, do HIIT, 20 mins in the morning with the EC and at least 20 mins post strength workout (at least 5 days a week)

as far as your heart rate going too high...on HIIT your heart rate should peak at around 180 BPM during the sprint, and as low as around 120 during the walk, and maybe 150 during the fast job.

doing HIIT on EC stack is fine...always monitor your heart rate on HIIT anyway, or else you can't do it properly....
Jan 11 2011 11:14pm
Quote (MegaVovaN @ Jan 12 2011 01:10am)
raynor just out of curiousty, are you an ectomorph, meso, or endo?

hard to say.

I'm a bit betweeen a mesomorph and endomorph. More towards an endomorph though. Reason being that if left unattended, I tend to be smooth and stay around 12-15% BF on a normal diet and with moderate exercise levels.

With strict diet, and thorough exercise and so forth, I can cut down to the 5% area without a problem.

But just naturally on a regular diet with regular activity I am very "average" so to say. I build muscle very quickly, but achieve strength faster. On dirty bulks I tend to gain a lot of fat, but during anabolic cutting cycles I lose fat like it's water.

I am not a normal case by any means, but that just goes to show that everyone is different, and what works for some, might not work for others and so forth.
Gold: 75.00
Jan 11 2011 11:16pm
can an ectomorph thats 5' 8'' ever achieve your current max lift stats within 10 yrs? assuming the person be consistent with their diet and workouts.

This post was edited by MegaVovaN on Jan 11 2011 11:20pm
Jan 11 2011 11:28pm
Quote (MegaVovaN @ Jan 12 2011 01:16am)
can an ectomorph thats 5' 8'' ever achieve your current max lift stats within 10 yrs? assuming the person be consistent with their diet and workouts.

ABSOLUTELY.

With proper training, diet, and supplementation, you can SURPASS all of my highest achievements - NATURALLY and without any steroids whatsoever.
Gold: 97.66
Jan 11 2011 11:29pm
Quote (KramerFtw @ Jan 11 2011 10:55pm)
Hey raynor, I recently switchd from distiled water and trying spring water now, and the second I took a sip of it, i felt dizzy and weird

what could this mean/

Can I get an answer for this? I know it might be a silly question, maybe not, but

Ive been drinkin only distiled water for almost a year and just recently got some spring water and got dizzy right when i drank it, and its hard to drink more

is it my body reacting to the minerals? or what

also i hate the taste of spring water, distiled seems much more pure and ez to down 4 litres a day =(
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev16296306316326332039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll