d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev16286296306316322039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jan 11 2011 09:29pm
Quote (MegaVovaN @ Jan 11 2011 03:52pm)
did u meana 3.95 in college? i thought med school dont really care what you did in high school, only college counts.

I did mean college...sorry - I haven't been running on much sleep. I'm sure I typo'd a few other things in the last few posts as well.

In HS i had a 4.0 gpa unweighted and a 5.0 weighted (honors classes).

HS doesn't matter much though - if they were comparing 2 equal med school applicants in every way...then it might play a factor - other than that, it doesn't matter.
Gold: 75.00
Jan 11 2011 09:41pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jan 11 2011 09:29pm)
I did mean college...sorry - I haven't been running on much sleep. I'm sure I typo'd a few other things in the last few posts as well.

HS doesn't matter much though - if they were comparing 2 equal med school applicants in every way...then it might play a factor - other than that, it doesn't matter.

it sounds like ur either smart as hell or work harder than everybody else. Either way, i'm very impressed by your stats.

i'd love to know ur study habits, and ur workout schedule :)

This post was edited by MegaVovaN on Jan 11 2011 09:42pm
Gold: 1.47
Jan 11 2011 09:44pm
Hey raynor I'm a huge fan of your advice and altruistism to help others become fit. I've been doing a little independent research and I came across this.

So how much protein does a person need? According to the FDA, it's about 30 grams per day, depending on your weight and activity level, and even that number is extremely padded. Assume 40-70 grams if you're very active (e.g., weight training, a marathon runner, etc). The bottom line is to see what works for you. You'll be amazed at how much more energy you have when you eat a diet high in Raw organic foods such as fresh fruits and vegetables with nuts and seeds, and you're not bogged down because your body is trying to digest all that cooked and denatured protein.

If 30 is the avg. why do most of the meal plans recommended on here suggest eating your body weight in protein?
Jan 11 2011 09:46pm
Quote (EconomicGod @ Jan 11 2011 04:03pm)
alright i figured clen was completely unneeded, really havent done much research into it.
what im going to do on my cut is
starting february first gonna follow the ec stack based on this

Dosing based on 20 or 25 mg ephedrine HCL pills (or ephedrine sulfate)

Note: 1E = 20 or 25 mg ephedrine
and .5E = 10 or 12.5 mg ephedrine

I am assuming caffeine tablets of 200 mg. So 1C = 200 mg, .5C = 100 mg

The caffeine tablets do not break in half well, approximate is fine.

A pill splitter works well on the ephedrine (can get at any pharmacy).

Day 1 - This day you would just take 1 dose to test whether you are hypersensitive to ephedrine (very rare). The dose will be .5E .5C
- symptoms of fast heart rate, and slight jitters are typical - like the feeling you get from having a lot of coffee.

Day 2-3 - You take 3 doses of .5 E .5C minimum 4 hours apart. I suggest keeping it so your last dose is at least 6 hours away from your bedtime.

Day 4-7 - Your dosing will be 1E 1C, .5E .5C, .5E .5C That is, you take full dose for your first dose only.

Day 8-14 - 1E 1C, 1E 1C, .5E .5C

Day 15 and onward - 1E 1C 3x/day

im going to be taking ec stack with fish oil to keep my heart rate slow
a large amount of bcaa's, creatine to keep me from loosing muscle mass
gonna look into what my diets gonna be like most likely a 50/30/20 protein/fat/carb macro or something similar

OK first things first.

100mg + 100mg first thing in the AM is fine.

then another 100+100 before a workout is fine.

any more than that is overkill and not advised.

fish oil will NOT lower your heart rate...where did you hear that? That has absolutely nothing to do with lowering your heart rate when it is jacked up from artificial stimulants. In addition, your increased heart rate is part of what burns the calories and forces increased metabolic drive. This is one of the reasons that stimulants are so dangerous when overdone.

Taking in "large" amounts of creatine won't do anything. Keep it to 5-10g per day maximum. There is no need to go more than that or else you will just piss it out and waste your money while also seriously stressing your kidneys.

BCAA's are important.

Also this diet idea of yours is not good for cutting. If you want to cut properly AND MAINTAIN AS MUCH MUSCLE AS POSSIBLE - you need to be on KETO...plain and simple.

Excessive stimulants won't make you shred up, proper diet with enough good strength routines + cardio will.

The stimulants are best used to ASSIST in the fat loss process
Gold: 3.38
Jan 11 2011 09:46pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jan 11 2011 07:29pm)

Following you pretty much :P
4.8 GPA and I'm a junior atm, probably going to graduate as the valedictorian of my class, hoping to get into a good medical school
A health related question though: my shoulders never seem to get a good workout from what I do, got any recommended routines?
Jan 11 2011 09:54pm
Quote (Boxa @ Jan 11 2011 04:59pm)
Ok so the diagnosis on my left knee is a laterally torn meniscus.

The problem is I enter my last semester of college on Tuesday and my dr only does surgery on tues/thurs (my two utterly booked days of classes).

What kind of training regimen can I incorporate around this assuming that I'll have to push the surgery until May (when my semester is done).

Training regimen?? With your condition? Normally I'd suggest NOTHING.

if you absolutely insist on something, very light dumbbells isolating the upper body for a massive number of reps until failure - keep those muscles isolated. You are to not put ANY excess weight on that knee.
Gold: 97.66
Jan 11 2011 09:55pm
Hey raynor, I recently switchd from distiled water and trying spring water now, and the second I took a sip of it, i felt dizzy and weird

what could this mean/
Gold: 120.00
Jan 11 2011 10:01pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jan 11 2011 10:54pm)
Training regimen?? With your condition? Normally I'd suggest NOTHING.

if you absolutely insist on something, very light dumbbells isolating the upper body for a massive number of reps until failure - keep those muscles isolated. You are to not put ANY excess weight on that knee.

I was thinking of sticking to hammer strength type of upper body isolations because I'm pretty much stuck having to postpone surgery til May as I'm in the last semester of my grad program and I can't psychologically take that much time off from training.
Jan 11 2011 10:06pm
Quote (kinkies2 @ Jan 11 2011 09:49pm)
thanks alot, your a great help around here

just think about the hundreds of people you;ve helped

thanks again sir

you are very welcome, thanks for the nice words =)
Jan 11 2011 10:08pm
Quote (MegaVovaN @ Jan 11 2011 11:41pm)
it sounds like ur either smart as hell or work harder than everybody else. Either way, i'm very impressed by your stats.

i'd love to know ur study habits, and ur workout schedule :)

Thank you for the kind words.

Study habits are pretty linear. I read all materials, take notes on the written and verbal materials, make notecards to study from, type additional notes to study from, combine the original texts + lectures with my notecards and typed notes and alternate studying. Sometimes I make myself my own test questions and quiz myself. I spend a LOT of time studying but never more than 45 minutes at a time with at least a 15 minute break. My workout routines have gone completely to hell with school and problems in my life recently. I am lucky to get an hour a day, 5 days a week for solid maintenance. My previous workout schedule was MUCH better.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev16286296306316322039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll