d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev16256266276286292039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jan 9 2011 10:18pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ 7 Jan 2011 13:57)
On cutting you need 6 days a week of intense physical activity. On the 7th day you are entitled to a FULL REST day. However, if you crave exercise, it can be cardio only. However, I recommend full rest.

all the supplements you should look into =

1. Multivitamin (NOW! Adam or CL Orange Triad take 3 in the morning and at night)
2. EFA's (NOW! Super Omega 3-6-9 take 2-3 with every food meal, not shakes)
3. GAT Jet Fuel (take 3x on empty stomach first thing in the moring before morning cardio or just normally...wait 30 mins before eating)
4. Vitamin C (NOW! C-1000) - take 4g per day (1x capsule every 3-4 hours)
5. Vitamin D (NOW! D 5000 iu) - take one 5,000mg capsule per day with breakfast
6. Creatine Micronized Monohydrate (optimum Nutrition)
7. Arginine + Ornithine (NOW! Arginine + Ornithine) - take 4 capsules pre-workout, post-workout, and pre-bedtime
8. BCAA (Optimum Nutrition BCAA caps) - take 4 capsules pre-workout, 2 during workout, 4 post-workout, and 2 pre-bedtime
9. R+ALA (must be R+!!) (Take this 1x capsule 3 times a day w/ meals)
10. Acetyl L-Carnitine (take 2-3x per day on empty stomach)
11. ZMA (NOW! ZMA) (3x before bed)
12. Dopa Mucuna (NOW! Dopa Mucuna)(2x before bed)
13. GABA (NOW! GABA)(1x before bed)
14. Melatonin (1x before bed)
15. Glutamine (5g before bed and/or post workout)
16. Chromium Piccolinate (take 1x per day in the morning)

There are more, but that should get you started.

That's a lot more then I had imagined, lol.
If you had to pick 4 for me to take to really benefit me (assume Im taking none of any above) which 4 would you suggest I take?
Also, here's what I put in for the keto diet no carb days. All is in order aswell.

All look good? Im hoping to start it Tuesday or Wednesday, exactly that. So making sure it looks good in the professionals eyes first.
Gold: 911.39
Jan 10 2011 12:19am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jan 9 2011 01:40pm)
In general it isn't optimal for your health. Excessive fluoride, metals, and impurities makes tap water a bad choice for long term (and even for some) short term health.

I would recommend drinking a high quality bottled water such as zepheryhills spring water or crystal springs spring water etc.

here are some of the mineral breakdowns for spring water:

http://www.myspringwater.com/SpringWaterInformation/MineralContent.aspx

Remember, always choose spring water - never distilled water - unless you manually add your minerals to the distilled water.

I'm a student right now, so i don't exactly have the extra cash to spend on bottle water.

could i use a water filter instead?
Gold: 480.00
Jan 10 2011 10:32am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jan 9 2011 01:50pm)
Being of shorter stature than you...I would LOVE to be able to help you.

5'8-5'9 is not really that bad, but I understand your pain.

You are 19 years old, and still have the potential to grow up until your mid 20's, although post-puberty growth is generally rare....however, here are the things you can do:

1. Increase all growth hormone producing exercises (squats, deadlifts, clean and jerks) - perform each of these for at least 10 sets 2 times per week.

2. Hang from a chin up bar, allowing your lower back to drop (fully relaxed) several times per day for as long as you can hold it (4-5 times a day should be fine with at least 1 when you wake up and 1 before bed). Eventually, you can hold a dumbbell between your feet while you hang to increase the stretch.

3. Use an inversion table for at least 2-5 minutes per day (at least 1 minute upon waking and 1 minute before bed).

4. Perform a lot of good static stretches that focus on the lower back, upper back, and legs (google these).

5. Get at LEAST 8-10 hrs of sleep per night!!!

6. Visualize before bed every night of you getting taller. Imagine it for at least a few minutes before falling asleep.

7. Get enough nutrition. Make sure you get at least 1.5g / protein per pound of bodyweight + enough carbs/fats (at least 1g / lb of bodyweight for carbs, and at least 60-80g of fats per day)

8. Follow the supplement guide below:

1. Multivitamin (NOW! Adam or CL Orange Triad) - Take 2x per day
2. Arginine + Ornithine (NOW! Arginine + Ornithine) take 2.5g pre workout, 2.5g post workout, and 5g before bed EVERY DAY
3. ZMA (NOW! ZMA) take 3 pills before bed every night
4. GABA (NOW! GABA) take 1 pill before bed every night
5. Mucuna pruriens L-Dopa (NOW! Mucuna Dopa) Take 2 pills before bed every night
6. L-Glutamine (Optimum L-Arginine Powder) take 5 g post workout and 5g before bed every night
7. BCAA's (Optimum BCAA 1000) Take 2-3 pills pre/post/during workout and 4 pills before bed
8. Melatonin (Optimum Nutrition melatonin) - Take 1 pill before bed.

If anything can help, this will.

Also remember to keep your activity level high, try jumping exercises a lot, and remember to follow this complete guide for as long as it takes. It might takes you a year or more to see results, but if you really want this - it MIGHT work.

Thanks a ton Raynor, it's worth a try I'll get right on it.
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jan 10 2011 11:35am
Quote (Darkblue @ Jan 10 2011 12:04am)
Hey Raynor,

Is it unhealthy to take Arginine + Ornithine before the age of 23?
What exactly is Ornithine?
What effects do the both have on the body?

No. It's healthy to consume at ANY age. They are both amino acids which occur naturally in food and increase your natural production of growth hormone while you sleep, as well as increase vasodialation, among other health benefits.

Here is a government site with research in regards to it:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2770269
Jan 10 2011 11:36am
Quote (Turismo @ Jan 10 2011 12:06am)
Sorry if this has been asked before, looked over a few page and gave up on looking, how long approximately does it take to gain a six pack? Also, which exercises do you suggest for quickest result? I don't know all the workout terms so if you could explain or post a pic that would be great.

On a side note, I am 5'7 and weigh 140, if it matters at all. Doc says I am a healthy weight, but would like to turn gut into muscle, simply to feel better etc, thanks in advance :D

To achieve a 6-pack and nothing more, you require 2 things.

1. Lower body fat all over.

2. More muscular abs.

for both of those, please see these:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&p=304616466
anabolic cutting diet

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=304396247
Cutting Workout Routine

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=330745031
Abs Workout Routine

Jan 10 2011 11:40am
Quote (xVanished @ Jan 10 2011 12:18am)
That's a lot more then I had imagined, lol.
If you had to pick 4 for me to take to really benefit me (assume Im taking none of any above) which 4 would you suggest I take?
Also, here's what I put in for the keto diet no carb days. All is in order aswell.
http://i53.tinypic.com/2nb7ct4.png

All look good? Im hoping to start it Tuesday or Wednesday, exactly that. So making sure it looks good in the professionals eyes first.

great looking keto day!

as far as the supplements go for cutting - I would recommend the following:

1. Multivitamin (NOW! Adam or CL Orange Triad take 3 in the morning and at night)
2. R+ALA (must be R+!!) (Take this 1x capsule 3 times a day w/ meals)
3. Acetyl L-Carnitine (take 2-3x per day on empty stomach)
4. BCAA (Optimum Nutrition BCAA caps) - take 4 capsules pre-workout, 2 during workout, 4 post-workout, and 2 pre-bedtime if you don't eat cottage cheese before bed)

However, for overall health, I'd really recommend you at least add the Vitamin D and Vitamin C to the supplement choices as well.

I would say creatine, arginine+ornithine, and others are excellent supplements but don't really contribute directly to cutting as you require so I left them out.
Jan 10 2011 11:43am
Quote (kinkies2 @ Jan 10 2011 02:19am)
I'm a student right now, so i don't exactly have the extra cash to spend on bottle water.

could i use a water filter instead?

Well, gallons of spring water are approximately $1 / gallon at any major grocery store.

If you opt for the filtered water, it is certainly MUCH better than tap.

Do your research and find the best filter out there that also leaves the most minerals in the water but removes the most impurities. Google is your friend here. I personally do not use or recommend filter systems as they can end up being just as expensive or more expensive than buying spring water.
Jan 10 2011 01:38pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jan 10 2011 01:35pm)
No. It's healthy to consume at ANY age. They are both amino acids which occur naturally in food and increase your natural production of growth hormone while you sleep, as well as increase vasodialation, among other health benefits.

Here is a government site with research in regards to it:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2770269

I've been lookin on GNC website about it, and all I'm finding is L-Arginine, none with + Ornithine. Is Ornithine that important?
Jan 10 2011 03:04pm
I got sinus x-rays last week. My doctor said I might have sinus osteoma, might be a benign tumor. I have to go to the hospital to get a new scan because you cannot see it clearly in the x-rays.

I talked to her on the phone, I didn't get any other info...

Is it dangerous? Will I die ? Enlight me on this please
Jan 10 2011 10:58pm
Quote (Darkblue @ Jan 10 2011 03:38pm)
I've been lookin on GNC website about it, and all I'm finding is L-Arginine, none with + Ornithine. Is Ornithine that important?

yes. Don't look at GNC.

buy from bodybuilding.com or vitaminshoppe
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev16256266276286292039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll