d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev16166176186196202039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jan 4 2011 01:43pm
Quote (Duckling @ Jan 4 2011 08:06am)
what are some ways you would recommend to help getting a person sleep schedule on track?

im usualy get 10-12+ hours of sleep a night, yet i still wake up groggy, stress daily (any way you suggest to reduce stress?), and now i got sick.
not too sure as to why my body reacted like this but what are some ways i can help fix it?

Hey there. First of all, for immune system see this post:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&p=309974186
Immune System

For sleep, here's what you need to know:

1. Make sure to get between 8-10 hours of sleep per night. Any MORE sleep than that can cause you to oversleep and become overtired as a result. Any LESS sleep and you can miss enough REM sleep to become fully rested.

2. Make sure you sleep in a DARK room with no external light, loud noises, or interruptions. This helps your body to achieve REM sleep which is the most restful.

3. Make sure your room is free of allergens! If you are allergic to dust, pet dander, mold, or ANY other allergen that could be found in your room - clean out your room, replace the carpet with hard wood flooring, put away any items made of fabric, keep your closet doors closed, clean the surface of EVERYTHING in your room with cleaning wipes, buy allergen protection mattress and pillow covers (allergy armor ultra is my personal favorite), and get an air purifier (Alen Air a350 is best).

4. Do NOT sleep with your fan on! Even if you are used to it, this helps circulate dust and other allergens around your room and can often lead to you getting a draft and can prevent REM sleep.

5. Try using specific night-time supplements that aid in proper sleep (see below)

Supplements to try:

1. NOW! ZMA (take 3 capsules before bed)
2. Optimum Nutrition Melatonin (take 1 pill before bed)
3. NOW! GABA (take 1 capsule before bed)
4. NOW! DOPA Mucuna (take 2 capsules before bed)
5. NOW! Arginine + Ornithine (take 3 capsules before bed)
6. Optimum Nutrition BCAA Caps (take 3 capsules before bed)
7. NOW! Valerian Root (take 2 capsules before bed)

6. Also try to go to the bathroom before bed. If you forget and get woken up in the middle of the night to urinate, you significantly reduce your sleeping effectiveness.

7. Take a shower before bed. This helps clean your body of potential allergens, as well as relaxes the body and mind and prepares it for sleep.

8. Flip your mattress over - chances are your mattress might need a full replacement...but for right now flipping it might help you get a better night sleep.

9. Listen to soft calming music (NOT TV) before going to bed. Sometimes watching very lively or intense TV shows before bed can awaken the mind and cause a lack of proper REM sleep.

10. If all else fails, please see your doctor. You might be suffering with a specific medical condition that requires medication or physician intervention to fix.

Hope that helps!
Jan 4 2011 01:46pm
Quote (Pakamon @ Jan 4 2011 11:14am)
Eh yeah situps x.X

okay for situps it is best to use a ROMAN CHAIR (google this)

if you do not have one, it is best to hold down your feet. Use the base of your bed, dresser, or other piece of furniture if you do not have a second person to do these with.

Also situps are good, but hanging leg raises + weighted crunches are much more effective. It is best to do a plethora of ab exercises including all of those and more.

See my guide:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=330745031
Abs Workout Routine
Gold: 75.00
Jan 4 2011 02:09pm
Whats the most effective study method? Study 1 - 2 hours with 15 min break? And study before sleep?
Jan 4 2011 02:46pm
Quote (MegaVovaN @ Jan 4 2011 04:09pm)
Whats the most effective study method? Study 1 - 2 hours with 15 min break? And study before sleep?

Everyone is different, however I have found that studying for 45 minutes and taking a 15 minute break is the best for me. Sometimes I have to study for longer depending - but for the utmost retention, 45/15 is the best. Also 15-30 minutes before bed also helps greatly.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 4 2011 03:34pm
Tried your 6oz ground beef 80/20 with 4 tbsp tomato sauce with cheese on top

Shit taste good
Warn: 30%
Jan 4 2011 05:02pm
hey , what are some good methods to prevent/clear back acne and facial acne ? i've been drinking alot of water lately, and i use dove soap when i shower. The facial acne has come to a stop or less frequent but on my back i still get them here and their and i usually shower everday now after working out or work. Also , i feel a cold coming on what are some good things to stop it in its track and prevent it from getting worse, ive been slamming back green tea .
Jan 4 2011 06:01pm
Quote (EverNineAfter @ Jan 4 2011 11:02pm)
hey , what are some good methods to prevent/clear back acne and facial acne ? i've been drinking alot of water lately, and i use dove soap when i shower. The facial acne has come to a stop or less frequent but on my back i still get them here and their and i usually shower everday now after working out or work. Also , i feel a cold coming on what are some good things to stop it in its track and prevent it from getting worse, ive been slamming back green tea .

Quote (SKCRaynor @ Dec 21 2010 07:23pm)
Generally it is all dietary and hygienic...there are rare cases where diet and improved hygiene will not help and that is there pharmaceuticals come into play. However I'd like to try the following first:

1. Start isolating certain foods to determine an allergy. The most common foods to temporarily eliminate are:  Wheat (any product with wheat gluten...she needs GLUTEN FREE foods), Dairy (any dairy product...milk, cheese, etc), Sugar (eliminate refined sugar COMPLETELY...no candy, cakes, cereals, sodas, etc.), and also try to eliminate some meats (avoid red meat, and avoid shellfish).

Gradually remove each item for 1 week total (NO CHEATING) and see if the condition improves with any of those or a combination thereof. You can try one solid week without ANY of those things and if the condition improves at least you know ONE or more of those items was/is causing the issue. If there is no improvement, move onto step 2:

2. Increase water intake, and decrease caffeine intake, and totally eliminate artificial food color and flavor from the diet. She should drink approx 1 gal of water per day, TOTALLY eliminate caffeine intake, and TOTALLY eliminate any artificial colors or flavors from the diet (read the labels!!) If after 7-10 days of this there are no changes, move onto step 3.

3. Try showering more frequently. Twice a day with HYPOALLERGENIC soap (google it or just buy 100% pure natural soap with NO perfumes/dyes/colors/etc). Make sure to shower after physical activity no matter what. In addition, replace bath/shower towels after EVERY use - do NOT reuse the same towels more than once. Also wash all clothes in HYPOALLERGENIC detergent! (that means free of dyes/perfumes/etc). If this does not improve the problem after 5-7 days, move to step 4.

4. There are supplementation routes to take as well. Usually superdosing Vitamin A, Vitamin B (complex), Vitamin E, and Zinc for about a week and then using just regular doses after that helps in a lot of people. Use the following dosages:

First Week:

Vitamin A - 50,000 iu (25,000 iu 2x per day)
Vitamin B Complex - (B2 and B6 100mg per day and B12 500 mcg per day)
Vitamin E - (400 iu 2x per day)
ZMA - (3 capsules before bed and 3 capsules in the morning)

Every week after that:

Vitamin A - 50,000 iu (25,000 iu 1 x per day)
Vitamin B Complex - (B2 and B6 50mg per day and B12 250 mcg per day)
Vitamin E - (200 iu 2x per day or 400 iu 1x per day)
ZMA - (3 capsules before bed)

If these supplementation doesn't help after approximately 2 weeks, then move onto step 5

5. See a physician. There may be an underlying medical condition that requires specialized treatment or medication to properly combat.

Hope this helps!

there you go

This post was edited by serennia on Jan 4 2011 06:02pm
Gold: 18,204.00
Jan 4 2011 09:11pm
What are your opinions on BCAA's? I have heard different things about them. What about during fasted cardio in the mornin? Regular cardio in the afternoon? During workout? Whatya think? Thanks man!
Jan 4 2011 09:25pm
Quote (serennia @ Jan 4 2011 05:34pm)
Tried your 6oz ground beef 80/20 with 4 tbsp tomato sauce with cheese on top

Shit taste good

glad you enjoyed it lol...I make a variation of it called the meatzza...basically the same thing but added cheese mixed into the beef and broiled in the oven
Jan 4 2011 09:26pm
Quote (EverNineAfter @ Jan 4 2011 07:02pm)

Hey there...please see this:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=339534371

Acne Guide
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev16166176186196202039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll