d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev16026036046056062039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Dec 21 2010 01:47pm
Quote (Sikis @ Dec 21 2010 03:35pm)
What up man, how do you feel about NO shotgun (as pre-workout) and NO synthesize (as post-workout)? I assume you know of these supplements because they seem quite popular so I didn't post links for 'em?

hey there.

I say NO GO on both. They are gimicks which have a lot of contradicting ingredients. It has a ton of magnesium and artificial sweetener which causes a laxative like effect - in addition it has caffeine and arginine which work against each other (one is a vasodialator the other a vasoconstrictor)

The other ingredients are okay, but very little in the way of true amino support etc.

I would recommend taking individual supplements for what you wish to accomplish such as NOW! Arginine + Ornithine (pre workout and pre bedtime), GAT Jet Fuel (taken in the morning), Amino blend including BCAA (pre and post workout), and Creatine (pre/post workout)

edit: also for synthesize, just get a regular good protein blend like Optimum Pro Complex or Cytosport Muscle Milk, etc. Most of the other ingredients in that product are redundant with the NO shotgun which isn't very useful anyway.

Most people who take NO shotgun, NO Explode, Jack3d or any other pre-workout blend like that can attribute their increase of motivation or strength to the megadoses of caffeine prior to lifting.

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Dec 21 2010 01:49pm
Gold: 0.00
Dec 21 2010 01:58pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Dec 21 2010 02:47pm)
hey there.

I say NO GO on both. They are gimicks which have a lot of contradicting ingredients. It has a ton of magnesium and artificial sweetener which causes a laxative like effect - in addition it has caffeine and arginine which work against each other (one is a vasodialator the other a vasoconstrictor)

The other ingredients are okay, but very little in the way of true amino support etc.

I would recommend taking individual supplements for what you wish to accomplish such as NOW! Arginine + Ornithine (pre workout and pre bedtime), GAT Jet Fuel (taken in the morning), Amino blend including BCAA (pre and post workout), and Creatine (pre/post workout)

edit: also for synthesize, just get a regular good protein blend like Optimum Pro Complex or Cytosport Muscle Milk, etc. Most of the other ingredients in that product are redundant with the NO shotgun which isn't very useful anyway.

Most people who take NO shotgun, NO Explode, Jack3d or any other pre-workout blend like that can attribute their increase of motivation or strength to the megadoses of caffeine prior to lifting.

Awesome, thx, you tha man
Dec 21 2010 08:16pm
I have some question about my cutting diet

Currently it looks like

Meal 1 : 8 white egg, 2 slice of bread and 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
Meal 2 : 2 scoop Whey, complex sugars and 10 almonds
Meal 3 : Chicken and 2 cup of veggies
Meal 4 (preworkout) : 1 can of tuna with 2 tbsp mayo, 10 almonds
Workout
Meal 5 (postworkout) : 2 scoop whey, 1 banana
Meal 6 : chicken/lean protein and 2 cup of veggies
meal 7 : Cottage cheese mixed with wallnuts

I go a few questions on this :

-Should I eat complex carbs (50g ish) preworkout?
-Should I take some carb powder post workout with my shake (40g ish)?
-Should I eat a small portion of carbs with meal 6 ( 25g ish , a potato / 1/2 cup of rice)

If yes to any of those questions, I have to drop meal 2 carbs to maintain 100g of carbs/day right?

-100g carbs/ 60-80g fat/ rest prot is decent for a cut?

This post was edited by serennia on Dec 21 2010 08:16pm
Dec 21 2010 09:26pm
Quote (serennia @ Dec 21 2010 10:16pm)
I have some question about my cutting diet

Currently it looks like

Meal 1 : 8 white egg, 2 slice of bread and 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
Meal 2 : 2 scoop Whey, complex sugars and 10 almonds
Meal 3 : Chicken and 2 cup of veggies
Meal 4 (preworkout) : 1 can of tuna with 2 tbsp mayo, 10 almonds
Workout
Meal 5 (postworkout) : 2 scoop whey, 1 banana
Meal 6 : chicken/lean protein and 2 cup of veggies
meal 7 : Cottage cheese mixed with wallnuts

I go a few questions on this :

-Should I eat complex carbs (50g ish) preworkout?
-Should I take some carb powder post workout with my shake (40g ish)?
-Should I eat a small portion of carbs with meal 6 ( 25g ish , a potato / 1/2 cup of rice)

If yes to any of those questions, I have to drop meal 2 carbs to maintain 100g of carbs/day right?

-100g carbs/ 60-80g fat/ rest prot is decent for a cut?

If you are trying to CUT...I highly recommend doing keto (anabolic cutting diet)

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&p=304616466
anabolic cutting diet

However, if for some reason you want to still use the lower calorie method while still relying on carbs for energy (which is really not good because of the muscle losses) then you would want to take in approx 30-40g of sugar post workout (grape juice is optimal) with your creatine.

In addition, you would eat sweet potato or brown rice or oats with meal 6.

I still maintain that keto is DEFINITELY the way to go here.
Dec 21 2010 09:38pm
hey Raynor I'm having some knee pain while doing squats... and i'm noticing my joints are in a bit of pain lately (mainly knees/elbows). I've tried fish oil/milk to see if it will reduce the pain and that doesn't seem to be working too well... i'm wondering what my options are as i don't want to drop squats from my workout routine.

i found this article: http://www.drbookspan.com/KneePainArticle.html

i'm wondering if that article is credible in your opinion... i am looking for really anything to reduce/get rid of my knee pain.
Gold: 97.66
Dec 21 2010 09:41pm
Quote (REcluse_x @ Dec 21 2010 10:38pm)
hey Raynor I'm having some knee pain while doing squats... and i'm noticing my joints are  in a bit of pain lately (mainly knees/elbows). I've tried fish oil/milk to see if it will reduce the pain and that doesn't seem to be working too well... i'm wondering what my options are as i don't want to drop squats from my workout routine.

i'm wondering if that article is credible in your opinion... i am looking for really anything to reduce/get rid of my knee pain.

kinda similar to a problem im having, My left elbow kinda clicks when I do overhead dumbell press, its not the bone, it feels like a tendon or something the way it moves, it doesnt really hurt but it doesnt feel safe to lift like that, lol

wat can i do?

I think its just my left arm cant handle that weight, cuz my right arm can do it no problem
Dec 21 2010 10:07pm
Quote (REcluse_x @ Dec 21 2010 11:38pm)
hey Raynor I'm having some knee pain while doing squats... and i'm noticing my joints are  in a bit of pain lately (mainly knees/elbows). I've tried fish oil/milk to see if it will reduce the pain and that doesn't seem to be working too well... i'm wondering what my options are as i don't want to drop squats from my workout routine.

Quote (KramerFtw @ Dec 21 2010 11:41pm)
kinda similar to a problem im having, My left elbow kinda clicks when I do overhead dumbell press, its not the bone, it feels like a tendon or something the way it moves, it doesnt really hurt but it doesnt feel safe to lift like that, lol

wat can i do?

I think its just my left arm cant handle that weight, cuz my right arm can do it no problem

Hey there. First of all, to address the squat problem - do yourself a favor and buy some knee wraps. Wrap your knees thoroughly when doing squats. If the pain persists, just STOP doing squats for a while. Instead do leg press, lunges, extensions etc.

I can not speak on the credibility of that article...although a lot of it is true...but some of it is not. I would advise that you maintain my above advice and get back to me if anything changes. Also make sure to ice the knee(s) afterwards if there is residual pain after leg training.

As for elbow pain when doing overhead DB presses, either lower the weight, use elbow wraps (just like knee wraps) or avoid the exercise all together and replace with something else for now. (seated should press machine is an example)

Dec 21 2010 10:11pm
ATTENTION EVERYONE -

I WILL NOT BE ON JSP UNTIL MONDAY DECEMBER 27, 2010.

I HAVE A LOT GOING ON AND WILL PROBABLY NOT HAVE TIME FOR JSP THIS WEEK.

I AM SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.

MAY YOU ALL HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS!! =)

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Dec 21 2010 10:11pm
Dec 21 2010 10:17pm
merry christmas to you too man and thanks for the advice
Gold: 97.66
Dec 21 2010 10:17pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Dec 21 2010 11:11pm)
ATTENTION EVERYONE -

I WILL NOT BE ON JSP UNTIL MONDAY DECEMBER 27, 2010.

I HAVE A LOT GOING ON AND WILL PROBABLY NOT HAVE TIME FOR JSP THIS WEEK.

I AM SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.

MAY YOU ALL HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS!! =)

lol, its np, thanks for help with diet and such in the past
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev16026036046056062039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll