d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev15795805815825832039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Nov 30 2010 09:40pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Nov 30 2010 08:27pm)
Hey there.

Post workout would be a protein shake.

And yes, meals 1-6 you eat every day.

ahhh, does this mean i drink it before working out ? or after. cause arent i supposed to fuel my workouts with protein after im done or seomthing ? also, how do i make a zero carb protein shake? is that just water and protein powder or seomthing !?

and ahh would doing just moderate cardio pre and post workout be alright ? or is HIIT only and hmm what would be an alternative food for chicken, if i wanted to limit the amount of meat i intake. ALSO is cheat day necessary or can i skip it ? depending on how i feel i dont think ill need to cheat too often. hmm i think thats all i need to ask for now thanks get back to me god bless!

E: oh , and is keto a diet thats high in fat? can u explain why a diet like this would be good for LOSING WIEGHT?? just curious as im unaware. thanks !

This post was edited by EverNineAfter on Nov 30 2010 09:43pm
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Nov 30 2010 10:56pm
Quote (EverNineAfter @ Nov 30 2010 11:40pm)
ahhh, does this mean i drink it before working out ? or after. cause arent i supposed to fuel my workouts with protein after im done or seomthing ? also, how do i make a zero carb protein shake? is that just water and protein powder or seomthing !?

and ahh would doing just moderate cardio pre and post workout be alright ? or is HIIT only and hmm what would be an alternative food for chicken, if i wanted to limit the amount of meat i intake. ALSO is cheat day necessary or can i skip it ? depending on how i feel i dont  think ill need to cheat too often. hmm i think thats all i need to ask for now thanks get back to me god bless!

E: oh , and is keto a diet thats high in fat? can u explain why a diet like this would be good for LOSING WIEGHT?? just curious as im unaware. thanks !

Drink it post-workout.

Secondly, get NOW! 100% whey isolate or Optimum Nutrition 100% whey isolate...both are nearly 0 carbs.

HIIT is required for this plan - it is optimal for what you need.

You can NOT limit your meat intake for this plan....you require protein and fat. Protein comes from the following sources: Eggs, Turkey, Tuna, Chicken, Beef, Lamb, Fish, Shellfish, and Dairy (watch the carbs here!), and other meats. You can pick and choose what you like.

Cheat day is indeed necessary...but only as a re-feed. If you don't want to "Cheat" you can just make the day a regular carb re-feed day.

Lastly, Fat has absolutely no impact as far as getting fat goes. Carbs are the major cause of fat gain in humans because they directly correspond to insulin release, energy expenditure, and fat storage. When you deprive the body of carbs for a long enough period of time, the body begins to release ketones in the blood stream. The body then goes into Ketosis which converts the major source of energy from carbohydrates to fat. This makes your metabolism use FAT as it's primary source of energy (that means what basically fuels your body is now pure fat). So when you are not eating (between meals, sleeping, and during a workout) your body is using your BODY FAT as fuel. This means you are BURNING your fat much more efficiently without losing nearly as much muscle mass as a conventional diet.

Ok hope this answered your questions! let me know if you need anything else.
Gold: 33.00
Nov 30 2010 11:17pm
I'm thinking of starting to take supplements. Fish oils and multis. Would you recommend them for me? I'm on your keto diet, I'm 6'1, 175-180lbs and 17 years old. Also, I'm going to buy some at the supermarket, so is there anything I should watch out for in the quality of the supplement? Thanks.
I don't eat that much fish, and I don't really eat as many vegetables as I would like :(.

This post was edited by yCoRrUpT on Nov 30 2010 11:19pm
Dec 1 2010 01:50am
Quote (yCoRrUpT @ Dec 1 2010 01:17am)
I'm thinking of starting to take supplements. Fish oils and multis. Would you recommend them for me? I'm on your keto diet, I'm 6'1, 175-180lbs and 17 years old. Also, I'm going to buy some at the supermarket, so is there anything I should watch out for in the quality of the supplement? Thanks.
I don't eat that much fish, and I don't really eat as many vegetables as I would like :(.

Hey there.

Yes, you should be taking both.

I would avoid buying them from the grocery store as the types there are generally bad.

Can you order them online or go get them at vitamin shoppe or GNC?

If so, try to find any of the following:

Multi:

NOW! Adam
Controlled Labs Orange Triad
Optimum Nutrition Multi
Twinlab One-a-Day w/ iron

Fish Oil/Omega 3-6-9:

NOW! Super Omega 3-6-9
Controlled Labs OxiOmega
Optimum Nutrition Fish Oil

Gold: 1,353.50
Dec 1 2010 02:27am
Can't believe you've been doing this for a few years now... pretty insane dedication.

Awesome work :thumbsup:
Dec 1 2010 11:55am
Quote (LooseyGoosey11 @ Dec 1 2010 04:27am)
Can't believe you've been doing this for a few years now... pretty insane dedication.

Awesome work  :thumbsup:

Thank you very much. I appreciate the kind words.

I'm happy to still be here despite a lot of setbacks in my actual life.

Gold: 75.00
Dec 1 2010 12:20pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Dec 1 2010 11:55am)

What happened in real life?
Gold: 50.00
Dec 1 2010 09:26pm
I recently made a order at BB and got a free superpump 250 with my order.

Can you tell me what it does, and is it okay to take at 17 years of age although the bottle recommends 18.

Edit ; It also says it increases vascularity is that true?

This post was edited by IDUTCIH on Dec 1 2010 09:30pm
Gold: 33.00
Dec 1 2010 09:57pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Dec 1 2010 01:55pm)

Never leave, you're one of the few valuable resources this forum has left.
On the supplements, how often and when should I be taking them?
Thanks for all the advice too, would donate again but been short of fg.
Dec 1 2010 10:32pm
Quote (MegaVovaN @ Dec 1 2010 02:20pm)
What happened in real life?

A lot of things since I first started on here.

From financial hardship, to losing my house because of a flood, to my dad dying, among other things.

But nonetheless, I am still trucking along in medical school, hitting the gym, and helping out with what little extra time I have on JSP
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev15795805815825832039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll