d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev15685695705715722039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Nov 19 2010 11:38am
Quote (Nozguleth @ Nov 19 2010 11:18am)
You have shown me you know how to get strong and eat decently. Anyway, no reason to get offended.  Not saying you don't know how to get strong or are not qualified to give advice, you just don't know how to do it in a way that focuses on wellness as a primary objective. I've gone trough 60-70 pages and you basically tell people to supplement, give them a basic routine(or tweak theirs making it slightly better) that most anyone knows and then argue if someone questions you. Again, not trying to bash your knowledge on strength building or even caloric intake and diet. I've seen little to no recommendations that would be considered professional or advanced tips and none focus on overall health nor wellness.

Tip: Don't be suck a jerk when you make a thread offering professional help and not EVERYONE bows down to you.  Still think its a great service and your knowledge surpasses most users, but I think you should consider your approach and reevaluate your stance on some topics before giving out advice that could be detrimental. I would also work on your ego, not quite as bad as mine but OH BOY...

Gl in school and i'm sure you've help a lot of people here bust plateaus and adjust dietary needs.

i'm not allowed to give advice but sub with whole foods when possible. IE don't use processed deli meat turkey, go buy a turkey, roast it in the oven and than eat that on whole wheat. ALSO, your bread can be rye, pumpernickel, whole grain, ect...ect..ect.. Change it up for variety so you don't "crash."  Salads are great and tuna is better than deli turkey.  All veggies are great for you, the more the better. If you are in college, it might be very difficult. I had loving parents that mailed me real food when I was in college.

Ok lets bury this once and for all.

I answer questions based on the priority and necessity of the person I am answering them for. if a person wants to ask me about long-term wellness or cardiovascular fitness or even flexibility and aerobics, I always oblige them. Do you realize how much time JSP takes up for me? I am a full-time medical school student. I also work full time. I simply do NOT have the time to make a 10 page custom plan for everyone.

When you say that I don't focus on wellness or fitness you are seriously trolling me. If someone came to me and asked for that specific help, I would give them assistance with that. But when people (90% or so) come to me asking how to lean out and become more muscular, there are basics that they need to understand and follow before I start getting into advanced practices. In this whole sticky, there might have been 20-30 posts having to do with "ADVANCED" help. The rest are people who just need to nail down the basics first.

So again, you coming in here and trying to undermine me and also tell me what I know and what I don't is a terrible insult to everything I do on here despite an excessively busy schedule in real life. If you think you can do a better job and/or are more qualified than me...do yourself a favor and go make your own thread, post your own qualifications, and start answering questions until someone stickies your thread. But, chances are this will not happen for good reason.

I am not here to defend myself against constant attacks, criticisms, e-thugs, and people who think they know better. If you think you know better, you probably shouldn't be in this thread in the first place. Afterall, this thread is for ADVICE and HELP only...not to share why you think my methods are wrong, or why you think I don't do something enough etc.

Oh and p.s.....If you say sliced deli turkey isn't a whole food, you are fucking braindead.

When you go to the deli, there are refrigerated turkeys that have been cured (added with sugar/salt/spices/etc) that are just WHOLE FOOD TURKEYS...which are placed on a meat slicer, and sliced for easy of making sandwiches. If you think a roasted turkey is a better choice and constitutes more of a whole food than a sliced turkey, you are sadly mistaken and misinformed. Sure, the deli turkey has more sodium (unless you get the low sodium variety), but they are BOTH equally whole foods.

I don't need any more of this....if you want to take my place, go make your own thread, and get out of this one.
Nov 19 2010 11:40am
Quote (Abarka @ Nov 19 2010 10:44am)
Hey, me again.

Since I'm just going to stick with my regular program right now I just figured I'd work on my abs.

I have two upper abs that show when I flex, but not the middle or lowers ones.

I was wondering if you had some certain ab workouts that would work my mid and lower abs better because they are hard for me to work on.

Thanks.

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=330745031

Abs Workout Routine
Nov 19 2010 11:45am
Quote (3atsarr0ws @ Nov 19 2010 11:37am)
idk what to eat at school
can a sub on wheat bread turkey with lettece tomatoes be good for you?
or we have salads with 2 carrots some brocili can get tuna for the meat

Hey there. Not really - and this is mostly because whole-wheat bread is not whole-grain. Also the turkey probably has too high of a sodium content.

However, here are some good choices for school:

(if bringing your own lunch)

2 slices WHOLE GRAIN bread with tuna salad (mix 1 can tuna + mayo/mustard + veggies) w/ 2% cheese and more veggies w/ sweet potato chips or similar.

Large salad with sliced or chunked chicken + various veggies + whole grain crackers (like triscuits)

1 cup black beans + 6 oz chicken breast (chopped) + green peppers/onions (all mixed together) + 1 large serving of fruit and/or veggies.

(if buying lunch there)

Salad w/ chicken or Tuna + side order of potato

2x grilled chicken sandwiches (throw out the buns) + 1 side of veggies + 1 potato or brown rice (if they have this) or pasta (if they have this)

1/4 lb hamburger/cheeseburger (throw out the bun) + 1 side veggies + 1 potato or brown rice (if they have this) or pasta (if they have this)

I can give you a better example if you shared with me the food choices I'm working with. Right now I'm just blind firing and have no idea as to the menu at your school and/or what you can bring.

hope this helps for now!
Gold: 1,245.00
Nov 19 2010 11:46am
..If you say sliced deli turkey isn't a whole food, you are fucking braindead.

80% of it is filled with fillers. You think his campus is giving him LEGIT deli meat?

I'm not here to argue with you but you seem to like to debate.

The filler used is commonly maltodextrin, dextrose, or corn syrup solids, all made from manipulating the starch contained in corn.

Enjoy your sugars and corn fillers.

I appreciate you and others supporting me when these people try to troll and waste time and effort in this thread =)

He isn't trolling, he is just arguing a different side and opinion to health and fitness. You are not GOD bro. You are smart and knowledgable, but hardly a fitness/wellness GOD.

This post was edited by Nozguleth on Nov 19 2010 11:50am
Nov 19 2010 11:47am
Quote (MegaVovaN @ Nov 19 2010 08:06am)
You seem quite mad that he knows far more than you ever will.
He has helped me and quite a few other people in this thread reach their fitness goals, as well as offered hundreds of people good advice based on real science and facts.
Your pathetic attempt to troll this thread has failed again.

Thank you for supporting me. It never ceases to amaze me how much people like to try and correct others for the sake of e-egos. I have done so much on JSP despite tremendous setbacks and very little time to myself and so forth - yet people still come in here and try to give me a hard time.

I appreciate you and others supporting me when these people try to troll and waste time and effort in this thread =)
Nov 19 2010 11:49am
Quote (Nozguleth @ Nov 19 2010 01:46pm)
80% of it is filled with fillers. You think his campus is giving him LEGIT deli meat?

I'm not here to argue with you but you seem to like to debate.

You made a broadsided assumption. How do you know his campus doesn't use boars head natural sliced turkey? My campus does.

How do you know his deli turkey is processed with 80% filler? Are you there to analyze it?

My point is that you and others make a lot of broad generalizations without knowing. You have to guide someone properly and allow them to make the decision for themselves based on the facts. Right now all you are doing is making broadsided remarks which are only half-true.

His school might have 100% legit turkeys being sliced at a deli counter (depending on what school he goes to). The proper method would have been to ask. My major concern was the bread, because virtually no place carries a TRUE whole grain bread (price, freshness concerns, flavor, etc. all govern this particular item)
Gold: 1,245.00
Nov 19 2010 11:51am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Nov 19 2010 05:49pm)
You made a broadsided assumption. How do you know his campus doesn't use boars head natural sliced turkey? My campus does.

How do you know his deli turkey is processed with 80% filler? Are you there to analyze it?

My point is that you and others make a lot of broad generalizations without knowing. You have to guide someone properly and allow them to make the decision for themselves based on the facts. Right now all you are doing is making broadsided remarks which are only half-true.

His school might have 100% legit turkeys being sliced at a deli counter (depending on what school he goes to). The proper method would have been to ask. My major concern was the bread, because virtually no place carries a TRUE whole grain bread (price, freshness concerns, flavor, etc. all govern this particular item)

Using broad(Generalized) numbers, and offering alternative advice. I'll gladly continue to argue BUT that is just wasting time. You give good advice, you could give better if you ask me.

MOST deli meats are filled with sugar/corn/starch ect...ect..ect... Based on my experiance(an i always ask cause im a prick like that) most food service is JUNK. BUT, you are right, not all. There are a few reputable companies and schools. BUT the vast majority will serve what is CHEAP and economical.
My point is that you and others make a lot of broad generalizations without knowing.

Ofc, my target is a BROAD audience. We are on JSP bro. And you give "unhealthy" advice without "knowing".

E:
Anyway keep up the hard work man. Great to see dedication like this. I would recommend that you read into wellness, organic foods and whole foods a bit more. I think you would really like what it has to offer in terms of fitness and health.

Also, I don't think you give BAD advice, i just think there is plenty of room for improvement.(Mine too, i've learned a lot from jsp in just 1 months time)

This post was edited by Nozguleth on Nov 19 2010 12:00pm
Nov 19 2010 11:56am
Quote (Boxa @ Nov 19 2010 12:34pm)
Hey Raynor,

Wanted to bounce some ideas off of you.

I'm at 6'4 272 right now and after Thanksgiving I'm going to be starting to prep for semi-pro football tryouts.

I figure I want to come in there at 240-245. 

Was going to start my diet at 400pro/450carb/120fat.

Each week cut 10g fat until I get to 60g fat, then start cutting 25g carbs per week.

By Week 8 it'll look like 400p/400c/60f.

Do you think that starting point is to high?

Also I was curious as to what you think would be an optimal split.  I figure I'm going to need to implement olympic lifts which I haven't to date.  I also plan on keeping cardio to sprinting, something in the ballpark of 10x100yards on off days.

Your advice on split/diet would be much appreciated.

Hey there...I actually have trained a few people who play football right now at UM.

First of all, what is your height and weight right now?

Secondly...your calories start off around 5,000 (slightly less) - but this is not a problem at all especially if you are trying to bulk and will be doing frequent training for football which includes a lot of calorie depleting exercises.

Reducing your overall diet to 400/400/60 is okay, however I'd like to see a bit more fat...maybe 80g total instead of 60. Remember your body needs good fats to function properly and produce more testosterone among other things.

The cutting process you mentioned is find, but you may or may not have to do that based on your own body's necessity. After all, you might even start leaning out more with the 5,000 cal diet you're starting with...so I would only start to cut back calories if you notice a gain of fat despite intense football training and so forth. Also make sure to keep your simple sugars relatively low (20-30g at breakfast and 30-40g post workout or training...that's it.)

As far as the actual diet goes, I'm sure you have a good enough hold on that to make the proper diet choices. Just make sure to also get enough sodium/potassium/magnesium/calcium throughout the day. For you being constantly under stress and sweating like a pig, you will want approx 3,000mg sodium, 6000mg potassium, 3,000 mg magnesium, and 3,0000 mg calcium.

Also make sure to keep your supplementation up...especially multivits, vit C, vit D, and creatine.

As far as the training program goes, I'd be glad to make you one...however doesn't your football team have their own routine that they mandate the players to use?
Nov 19 2010 11:56am
Quote (Abarka @ Nov 19 2010 01:08pm)
Also i eat literally 10 minutes before i eat.

Is this a bad choice?

Does it affect anything?

you eat 10 minutes before you eat??

I'm a bit confused here...did you typo?
Gold: 75.00
Nov 19 2010 12:34pm
For a beginner lifter with a ectomorph body type, would you recommend doing the Starting Strength or the 5x5 stronglift program? Where you squat every time you're in the gym. Supposedly, this will release GH and stimulate muscle growth for a beginner?
Also, there is a GOMAD diet plan, which basically means in addition to regular 5 times a day meals, you have to drink 1 gallon of milk per day, do you think this is also good?

Also do you have any good recipes (tasty) for making chicken?

what would be a good meal plan for a hard gainer? Let's say someone thats 140 pounds, 5 feet 8 inches, ectomorph body type.

This post was edited by MegaVovaN on Nov 19 2010 12:41pm
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev15685695705715722039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll