d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev15635645655665672039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Nov 16 2010 09:32pm
Quote (eschutaz @ Nov 16 2010 03:28pm)
Hello first I'd like to say that it's an awesome job you're doing here! :)

First question: I just bought a protein shake (MyoFusion protein)... they told me to drink one every morning (1 scoop with milk) and after every gym training I should drink 2 scoops with water, but I read somewhere in this thread that you should drink one right before training as well? But I guess that too much isn't good either, so when exactly should I drink my shake, how many scoops and what's the difference when I mix it with water or milk?

Second question: I want to work my abs so I can get a visible six-pack and I know all the basics. You can't spot burn fat and low BF% is important to get visible abs. Anyway I'm wondering if you have a good program you can do at home, something I can do every evening (and every morning if I have to)... I don't really have any tools at home except a mattress and a couch to help me out :P

Third question: Is there any way to check your BF% without going to a physical therapist?

Thanks! :)

Hey there. The only true requirement for protein shakes is definitely 2 scoops w/ water (and preferably a simple carb like waxy maize or grape juice or fruit, etc) immediately post workout.

I recommend taking in NO MORE than 3 protein shakes with 3 meals per day. Don't exceed 3 shakes a day or else you really risk losing a lot of necessary nutrition from whole foods.

So if you choose to have a protein shake at breakfast time, that's fine. Pre-workout shakes are not necessary. Optimally, if you are doing 3 meals and 3 shakes, you can do 1 protein shake at breakfast (with water), 1 post-workout (with water), and 1 pre-bedtime (with milk). The reason I recommend water with the shake at breakfast is that water and protein digests MUCH faster than with milk and you need it to bring your body out of catabolism from the night before.

To check your bodyfat % , get a pair of calipers from bodybuilding.com - there are a lot to choose from!

Lastly, for abs and fat burning check this out -

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&p=304616466
anabolic cutting diet

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=330745031
Abs Workout Routine

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=331184643
Circuit Stations

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=331731288
Bodyweight exercises
Nov 16 2010 09:33pm
Quote (ownyaah @ Nov 16 2010 04:33pm)
the help u have provided is amazing, dont care about this shit kid synonym, the guy stole 7200fg from me, hes a just retarded scammer and a fake jew. ignore the fail kid is the best way. (also he takes steorids cuz hes to gay to be real, aswell as hes nuts are smaller then a 5year olds.) and the reason his facts are completly bullshit is that he lives in isreal obvious fact.

Thanks for the support. I can tell he is obviously not skilled or trained properly and is obviously discussing ideas he heard from a non-credible source to push a slanted agenda.

I hope people like him get over themselves and move on.
Nov 16 2010 09:35pm
Quote (3atsarr0ws @ Nov 16 2010 05:09pm)
ok lol some one on here posted it ill try to find his name
cant find it was in a thred yesterday
when should i take protein/creatine and the multivitamins?

no problem, it was synonym and I had to put him in his place with his "research"

anyway - multivitamins take them 2x per day once in the morning and once at night (both times with food)

as far as protein goes, take the shakes POST workout with water.

lastly, take the creatine following this guide:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=332710367

Creatine Dosing

The actual time you take it doesn't matter, but post or pre workout is usually best (after the loading phase)
Gold: 0.00
Nov 16 2010 09:40pm
Hey man, I'm a younger guy and I have a tall skinny physique. But I got lots of fat on me. Kinda like baby fat. Im not like a frail skinny toothpick either. I have muscles and like 4 abs lol. I was wondering what would I have to do every night to take it to the next level. I don't want to be buff or anything. Just want to be happy to take my shirt off again. I don't have access to a gym atm but I am very serious about this. Budgets pretty limited as well. I was thinking of doing situps and pushups at night. I weigh like 127 and am probably around 5'9. I can do probably 13 pushups but its pretty hard. What do you think I need to do?
Nov 16 2010 09:40pm
Quote (Synonym @ Nov 16 2010 06:25pm)
For someone who's had years of "Study and Research", you have proven to know very little, and have a variety of flaws in your entire ideology of what 'Physique' really is.
American sources? Your sources appear to be manifestations of food & supplement companies who do nothing short of depriving the masses of their money, their common sense and their health.

I am sure someone of your experience will also agree that:
- Fasting periods cause Catabolism (Causing 'Starvation Mode') and are bad for your body.
- Eating every 2-3 hours is the best way to gain mass, strength and "Stoking Metabolic Fire".
- Drinking 'Cold Water' can significantly increase your Fat Burning.
- Eating smaller meals will control hunger.
- The body can only intake 20-30g Protein per meal

And more false / mind-washing ideas fueled by American money-making corporations.

Your ambiguous slander and flaming only shows you are enraged by the fact you have no proof or academic study which backs anything you say. You live in a world of make belief, and worse, pass it along to people who seek genuine help. Much like many of the steroid-fueled monsters in my gym, who don't even know how to do a proper Squat or DL, you fear the basic science behind your false reasoning.

I wish you all the best.

I will not even address the new points you added because I simply do not have the time to argue with idiots. Do you even known what melatonin is? Do you even know how the adrenal glands work? Do you have the SLIGHTEST idea how fat metabolism works? I'm going to go out on a limb and say you probably have absolutely no clue how basic brain synapses correlate to the CNS.

INCIDENTALLY, a broken clock is still right twice a day. Everything you posted after your initial BS was correct and by that I mean the below ideas:

"- Fasting periods cause Catabolism (Causing 'Starvation Mode') and are bad for your body.
- Eating every 2-3 hours is the best way to gain mass, strength and "Stoking Metabolic Fire".
- Drinking 'Cold Water' can significantly increase your Fat Burning.
- Eating smaller meals will control hunger.
- The body can only intake 20-30g Protein per meal"

All of those are ABSOLUTELY correct...and I preach those all the time - the 20-30g of protein part is debatable and based on body mass, type of protein, necessity, type of diet (keto), etc.

You seriously have absolutely no medical background whatsoever to speak on those subjects. 99.9% of what you said was wrong. You speak of supplements so generally, you speak of stimulants so generally, and you make such broad conclusions that you are unbelievably wrong to the point that it hurts me to even think about it.

Go about your internet broscience and enjoy a life of failure and inadequacy. Allow the real men to continue to discuss health and fitness matters without being disturbed by the likes of you again.

Nov 16 2010 09:42pm
Quote (ownyaah @ Nov 16 2010 06:34pm)
mr obvious to the rescue no shit newton?, ur not making a point rand, (btw what happend with the fact that u used iligale proteins?), btw read the begining ur full of bullshit, u talk shit about the american sources? how come isreals ekonomic is shit everything that has a bound to isreal sucks cock, u jews got raped by hitler and america, rusia etc saved ur buttfucked ass. and u talk shit about other countries u lil count.

sorry for spamming in ur topic raynor wont happen again, just dont like this little rat playing big and at the same time stealing stuff ingames

I appreciate the support.

I replied to him once more and put him in his place.

He has absolutely no comprehension as to real medical studies and/or the art of fitness and bodybuilding.

He will live his life in solitude and denial.
Nov 16 2010 09:43pm
Quote (dirTyMan @ Nov 16 2010 10:04pm)
Is it possible that I'm not seeing great gains over the past 2 months because I'm basically a beginner and maybe I shouldn't be on this type of strength program as I don't know how hard I can actually go and maybe I mjust not pushing myself enough? Do you think the 5x5 might actually be better?

during the first few months, you aren't really meant to see much in the form of gains. You are trying to prepare your body for advanced plans like the 5x5. You are essentially developing the supporting muscles, stretching out the ligaments and tendons, as well as strengthening and increasing overall muscle density to prepare.

I would recommend to stick to it for another month or two, and then begin the 5x5.
Nov 16 2010 09:44pm
Quote (Kiston @ Nov 16 2010 11:27pm)
just found out about fitday.

Total
1,944 cals
136.2 fats
15.9 carbs
166.7 protein

how does this look for cutting diet per day?? currently weigh 185

perfect for anabolic cutting. Do not forget the carb up once per week!

in addition, if you feel lack of energy, increase your fat and protein by about 15-20g each per day.
Gold: 0.00
Nov 16 2010 09:46pm
hi, my sister recently started coming to the gym with me. shes like 100 pounds and kind of short. she wants to go to the gym to be more in shape because she eats a lot of junk food and wants to stop before it comes around. bascially ive just been doing 5x5 and slowly increasing the weight for her. do you suggest that girls need a different type of routine?

Quote (SKCRaynor @ Nov 17 2010 03:44am)
perfect for anabolic cutting. Do not forget the carb up once per week!

in addition, if you feel lack of energy, increase your fat and protein by about 15-20g each per day.

sweet, thank you

This post was edited by Kiston on Nov 16 2010 09:47pm
Nov 16 2010 09:48pm
Quote (charper420 @ Nov 16 2010 11:40pm)
Hey man, I'm a younger guy and I have a tall skinny physique. But I got lots of fat on me. Kinda like baby fat. Im not like a frail skinny toothpick either. I have muscles and like 4 abs lol. I was wondering what would I have to do every night to take it to the next level. I don't want to be buff or anything. Just want to be happy to take my shirt off again. I don't have access to a gym atm but I am very serious about this. Budgets pretty limited as well. I was thinking of doing situps and pushups at night. I weigh like 127 and am probably around 5'9. I can do probably 13 pushups but its pretty hard. What do you think I need to do?

Hey there. Try this:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=331731288

Bodyweight exercises

also make sure you have the basics down -

- Burn more calories than you take in (exercise at least 30-45 mins per day)

- eliminate as much sugar from your diet as possible

- make sure protein content is at least 1g / lb of bodyweight

- eliminate fast foods and frozen foods

- eat every 2-3 hours without fail

- drink water or diet soda only (or any sugar-free, calorie free beverage) - also make sure to drink at least 1 gal of water per day

- drink alcohol as rarely as possible

- get at least 8 hours of sleep a night!!

Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev15635645655665672039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll