d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev15625635645655662039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 34,115.00
Nov 16 2010 01:28pm
Hello first I'd like to say that it's an awesome job you're doing here! :)

First question: I just bought a protein shake (MyoFusion protein)... they told me to drink one every morning (1 scoop with milk) and after every gym training I should drink 2 scoops with water, but I read somewhere in this thread that you should drink one right before training as well? But I guess that too much isn't good either, so when exactly should I drink my shake, how many scoops and what's the difference when I mix it with water or milk?

Second question: I want to work my abs so I can get a visible six-pack and I know all the basics. You can't spot burn fat and low BF% is important to get visible abs. Anyway I'm wondering if you have a good program you can do at home, something I can do every evening (and every morning if I have to)... I don't really have any tools at home except a mattress and a couch to help me out :P

Third question: Is there any way to check your BF% without going to a physical therapist?

Thanks! :)
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Nov 16 2010 01:33pm
Quote (Synonym @ Nov 16 2010 01:47pm)
Would suit you to say that.
I am not one to slander, but I have gone through an 8 months Gym Instruction course, including Pathology and Microbiology to a very long extent, studying various types of supplements and their authenticity during workouts and in the everyday routine.

Such as Ephedrine causing disorientation and restlessness due to causing a lack of Melatonin hormone releases of the brain, and Steroids doing far worse such as the ones stated in the post above.

I would not turn this into a verbal dispute or argument, but if you believe supplements do nothing to the body, or in any way improve it, and by that calling the doctors I've learned from "TOTAL BS" you are sorely mistaken, my friend.

What is more, some of your overall 'General Rules' for starting gymnasts are far off track.

lol don't come in here and try to lecture me. The information you posted is total broadsided BS and has absolutely no scientific backing.

8 months gym instruction? Try 13 years of professional training and instruction including, 3 years of medical school, 4 years of college, 2 personal training certificates, and thousands of hours of experience/research/training.

I will DIRECTLY address your original post and show you how flawed it is:

"Any supplementation you may take at an early or later phase of your workouts will only decrease your state of body and/or mind."

Decrease your state of body or mind? This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. So taking arginine + ornithine or caffeine will decrease your state of body or mind? There is no legal supplement that will DECREASE your state of body or mind - only increase both, or do nothing to both. But decrease? That would require something that defeats the central nervous system and has a calming effect (aka GHB or other depressants) which you would NEVER take pre or post workout. Pre workout supplements INCREASE your physical and mental ability particularly caffeine or arginine + ornithine. Do some research and whatever slanted EU source you got your info from - DISREGARD IT.

"-Taking supplements to increase your strength are not in fact doing so. Those products simply numb your Neuro-System, causing an elevated overuse of strength that could damage your muscle tissue and nerves, followed by a dysfunction that could last for a long period of time."

Numbing your neuro system? Are you totally batty? If you were to "numb" your neurosystem, you would be a vegetable! Unable to feel pain, unable to use your muscles effectively, unable to do most anything. The only drugs that allow this are painkillers, tranquilizers, and paralytics. You would NEVER use such things. Creatine DIRECTLY increases your strength and has absolutely NO correlation to damaging your neurosystem or suppressing it in any way. This quack science is disgusting.

"-Taking supplements to increase your level of Alert/Vigorous state (In case of weariness) damage the hormonal releases of your brain, which did not receive enough sleep in order to manufacture these hormones."

So taking caffeine, gineseng, guarana, vitamin B, etc. all will damage the hormonal release of your brain? NOW I'm starting to laugh. You obviously didn't do any research, or the sources you are using are absolutely moronic to the point of it being sad. All of those things do not have ANY shown effect of damage on the hormonal release of the brain...don't forget the brain itself doesn't even release hormones, the endocrine system does. Epic failure here.

"-Taking supplements to increase the ratio of your Muscle Gains (Such as Steroids) damage your internal organs & glands such as the Kidneys, the Liver, the Prostate, the Thyroid Gland and the bone marrow and causes faster Calcium deterioration in later stages of your life (Increased chance for Osteoporosis)."

This is the ONLY thing on here that is half-true. However, supplements are NOT steroids and vica versa. Steroids are steroids, and supplements are supplements. Steroids when taking improperly and without supervision of a doctor can damage internal organs and mostly your cardiovascular system. Supplements do NOT have such an effect when taken correctly - not at all. Even steroids will not cause long term damage if used properly and under the supervision of a doctor with full bloodwork and so forth.

So rather than continue to make yourself look like an idiot, please stop, take my advice and forget anything you learned from those quack EU sources. The EU and Canada both have the absolute worst medical systems on the planet which determine that virtually all supplements are bad for you mostly because of political reasons involving their socialized medical system.

If you want some good research, check out some American sources which (as of right now) don't rely on the largely corrupt federal government for their independent medical studies.

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Nov 16 2010 01:35pm
Gold: 175,091.69
Warn: 10%
Nov 16 2010 02:33pm
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

Quote (SKCRaynor @ Nov 16 2010 08:33pm)
lol don't come in here and try to lecture me. The information you posted is total broadsided BS and has absolutely no scientific backing.

8 months gym instruction? Try 13 years of professional training and instruction including, 3 years of medical school, 4 years of college, 2 personal training certificates, and thousands of hours of experience/research/training.

"Any supplementation you may take at an early or later phase of your workouts will only decrease your state of body and/or mind."

Decrease your state of body or mind? This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. So taking arginine + ornithine or caffeine will decrease your state of body or mind? There is no legal supplement that will DECREASE your state of body or mind - only increase both, or do nothing to both. But decrease? That would require something that defeats the central nervous system and has a calming effect (aka GHB or other depressants) which you would NEVER take pre or post workout. Pre workout supplements INCREASE your physical and mental ability particularly caffeine or arginine + ornithine. Do some research and whatever slanted EU source you got your info from - DISREGARD IT.

"-Taking supplements to increase your strength are not in fact doing so. Those products simply numb your Neuro-System, causing an elevated overuse of strength that could damage your muscle tissue and nerves, followed by a dysfunction that could last for a long period of time."

Numbing your neuro system? Are you totally batty? If you were to "numb" your neurosystem, you would be a vegetable! Unable to feel pain, unable to use your muscles effectively, unable to do most anything. The only drugs that allow this are painkillers, tranquilizers, and paralytics. You would NEVER use such things. Creatine DIRECTLY increases your strength and has absolutely NO correlation to damaging your neurosystem or suppressing it in any way. This quack science is disgusting.

"-Taking supplements to increase your level of Alert/Vigorous state (In case of weariness) damage the hormonal releases of your brain, which did not receive enough sleep in order to manufacture these hormones."

So taking caffeine, gineseng, guarana, vitamin B, etc. all will damage the hormonal release of your brain? NOW I'm starting to laugh. You obviously didn't do any research, or the sources you are using are absolutely moronic to the point of it being sad. All of those things do not have ANY shown effect of damage on the hormonal release of the brain...don't forget the brain itself doesn't even release hormones, the endocrine system does. Epic failure here.

"-Taking supplements to increase the ratio of your Muscle Gains (Such as Steroids) damage your internal organs & glands such as the Kidneys, the Liver, the Prostate, the Thyroid Gland and the bone marrow and causes faster Calcium deterioration in later stages of your life (Increased chance for Osteoporosis)."

This is the ONLY thing on here that is half-true. However, supplements are NOT steroids and vica versa. Steroids are steroids, and supplements are supplements. Steroids when taking improperly and without supervision of a doctor can damage internal organs and mostly your cardiovascular system. Supplements do NOT have such an effect when taken correctly - not at all. Even steroids will not cause long term damage if used properly and under the supervision of a doctor with full bloodwork and so forth.

So rather than continue to make yourself look like an idiot, please stop, take my advice and forget anything you learned from those quack EU sources. The EU and Canada both have the absolute worst medical systems on the planet which determine that virtually all supplements are bad for you mostly because of political reasons involving their socialized medical system.

If you want some good research, check out some American sources which (as of right now) don't rely on the largely corrupt federal government for their independent medical studies.

the help u have provided is amazing, dont care about this shit kid synonym, the guy stole 7200fg from me, hes a just retarded scammer and a fake jew. ignore the fail kid is the best way. (also he takes steorids cuz hes to gay to be real, aswell as hes nuts are smaller then a 5year olds.) and the reason his facts are completly bullshit is that he lives in isreal obvious fact.

This post was edited by ownyaah on Nov 16 2010 02:38pm
Gold: 2.00
Nov 16 2010 03:09pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Nov 16 2010 12:42pm)
Everything you just posted is TOTAL BS and is not even close to the truth.

Where did you discover those things? Because the author of them obviously has an agenda and is using lies to spread his cockeyed message.

Do not worry about any of that, it's all very untrue. Pre-workout supplements are all different. No they do not decrease your state of body or mind...same goes for post-workout supplements.

I don't even need to go into details for the rest, but none of that information is true whatsoever.

ok lol some one on here posted it ill try to find his name
cant find it was in a thred yesterday
when should i take protein/creatine and the multivitamins?

This post was edited by 3atsarr0ws on Nov 16 2010 03:22pm
Gold: 11.11
Warn: 40%
Nov 16 2010 03:54pm
I'm new here and I was messaged by someone to post here. here's my initial thread though: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=49994070&f=60
Gold: Locked
Nov 16 2010 04:25pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Nov 16 2010 10:33pm)

Increasing any type of 'Alertness' will inhibit the brain from producing Melatonin. This is a fact. Causing this inhibition will decrease your overall performance and leave you mentally and physically weak. Period.
No studies have shown an increase of any supplementation other than Creatine, and even that has a big questioning mark still.

You seem to think of it as a complete shut down which is never possible unless you die. Not even "Vegetable" cases have their entire nuero-system shut down, only in a case of death will that happen. Numbing the nuero-system happens all the time: When you sleep, or if you get hit in the toe by your bedside, or receive any sort of muscle-trauma.
Increasing 'Strength' by using supplement can cause a severe tear in the muscle tissue, well beyond the levels of norma, creating an opening for various inflammations and long term chronicle distorientations.
What is more, Creatine does not penetrate Cell-Membrane, nor can it leave it, so your entire thesis on the subject is flawed to begin with.

Everything I wrote is based on study. Again you use slander without the slightest source of Academic support.
The brain does not release hormones? I advise you to look up [Anterior/Posterior] Pituitary Gland, the Hypothalamus and the Pineal Gland, all located in the brain. Please do not speak of failure when your post is flowing with it.

Defining 'Supplement': Something added to complete a thing, make up for a deficiency, or extend or strengthen the whole. Steroids are definitely within that category, as illegal as they may be.
Steroids do not cause long term damage??? Now you sir, have totally shown your ignorance in the matter.

For someone who's had years of "Study and Research", you have proven to know very little, and have a variety of flaws in your entire ideology of what 'Physique' really is.
American sources? Your sources appear to be manifestations of food & supplement companies who do nothing short of depriving the masses of their money, their common sense and their health.

I am sure someone of your experience will also agree that:
- Fasting periods cause Catabolism (Causing 'Starvation Mode') and are bad for your body.
- Eating every 2-3 hours is the best way to gain mass, strength and "Stoking Metabolic Fire".
- Drinking 'Cold Water' can significantly increase your Fat Burning.
- Eating smaller meals will control hunger.
- The body can only intake 20-30g Protein per meal

And more false / mind-washing ideas fueled by American money-making corporations.

Your ambiguous slander and flaming only shows you are enraged by the fact you have no proof or academic study which backs anything you say. You live in a world of make belief, and worse, pass it along to people who seek genuine help. Much like many of the steroid-fueled monsters in my gym, who don't even know how to do a proper Squat or DL, you fear the basic science behind your false reasoning.

I wish you all the best.
Gold: 175,091.69
Warn: 10%
Nov 16 2010 04:34pm
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

Quote (Synonym @ Nov 16 2010 11:25pm)
For someone who's had years of "Study and Research", you have proven to know very little, and have a variety of flaws in your entire ideology of what 'Physique' really is.
American sources? Your sources appear to be manifestations of food & supplement companies who do nothing short of depriving the masses of their money, their common sense and their health.

I am sure someone of your experience will also agree that:
- Fasting periods cause Catabolism (Causing 'Starvation Mode') and are bad for your body.
- Eating every 2-3 hours is the best way to gain mass, strength and "Stoking Metabolic Fire".
- Drinking 'Cold Water' can significantly increase your Fat Burning.
- Eating smaller meals will control hunger.
- The body can only intake 20-30g Protein per meal

And more false / mind-washing ideas fueled by American money-making corporations.

Your ambiguous slander and flaming only shows you are enraged by the fact you have no proof or academic study which backs anything you say. You live in a world of make belief, and worse, pass it along to people who seek genuine help. Much like many of the steroid-fueled monsters in my gym, who don't even know how to do a proper Squat or DL, you fear the basic science behind your false reasoning.
I wish you all the best.

mr obvious to the rescue no shit newton?, ur not making a point rand, (btw what happend with the fact that u used iligale proteins?), btw read the begining ur full of bullshit, u talk shit about the american sources? how come isreals ekonomic is shit everything that has a bound to isreal sucks cock, u jews got raped by hitler and america, rusia etc saved ur buttfucked ass. and u talk shit about other countries u lil count.

sorry for spamming in ur topic raynor wont happen again, just dont like this little rat playing big and at the same time stealing stuff ingames

This post was edited by ownyaah on Nov 16 2010 05:00pm
Gold: 0.00
Nov 16 2010 07:26pm
Quote (Synonym @ Nov 16 2010 10:25pm)

I wish you all the best.

bye noob
Gold: 3,375.01
Nov 16 2010 08:04pm
Is it possible that I'm not seeing great gains over the past 2 months because I'm basically a beginner and maybe I shouldn't be on this type of strength program as I don't know how hard I can actually go and maybe I mjust not pushing myself enough? Do you think the 5x5 might actually be better?
Gold: 0.00
Nov 16 2010 09:27pm
just found out about fitday.

Total
1,944 cals
136.2 fats
15.9 carbs
166.7 protein

how does this look for cutting diet per day?? currently weigh 185

This post was edited by Kiston on Nov 16 2010 09:29pm
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev15625635645655662039Next