d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev155565758592039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Nov 8 2008 12:47pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Sat, Nov 8 2008, 06:13pm)
TIP OF THE DAY:

Protein shakes made in a blender with ice, milk, and fruit taste 100x better than protein shakes made with water in a shaker cup. The more enjoyment from protein shakes, the more you will consume.

I agree it tastes better, but not really better for the diet if we mix with milk or ice cream.
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Nov 8 2008 02:00pm
Quote (EricEroc @ Sat, Nov 8 2008, 02:47pm)
I agree it tastes better, but not really better for the diet if we mix with milk or ice cream.

this is not true. After a workout, mixing a shake with ice cream is beneficial. The sugar from the ice cream will increase your insulin production which in turn jacks up protein synthesis. Thats why you are supposed to eat sugar after a workout. But 2% skim milk with shakes are perfectly fine, even if on a cutting cycle. If you are bulking, use whole milk...very helpful.
Gold: 140.00
Nov 8 2008 10:33pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Sat, Nov 8 2008, 04:00pm)
this is not true. After a workout, mixing a shake with ice cream is beneficial. The sugar from the ice cream will increase your insulin production which in turn jacks up protein synthesis. Thats why you are supposed to eat sugar after a workout. But 2% skim milk with shakes are perfectly fine, even if on a cutting cycle. If you are bulking, use whole milk...very helpful.

oh ya, little milk, ice, banana, peanutbutter, and choc shake.. perfect.

Oh and are there more things I can add to me back work out ?

I'm doing dead lifts, rows and squats, and I'm up to quite a bit of weight, I feel like my back is my best by far.

so what can I add ?
Nov 9 2008 01:38am
Quote (FloraFreak @ Sun, Nov 9 2008, 12:33am)
oh ya, little milk, ice, banana, peanutbutter, and choc shake.. perfect.

Oh and are there more things I can add to me back work out ?

I'm doing dead lifts, rows and squats, and I'm up to quite a bit of weight, I feel like my back is my best by far.

so what can I add ?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.php?MainMuscle=Middle+Back

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.php?MainMuscle=Lower+Back

those are all the exercises you can choose from =)
Nov 9 2008 06:19pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Sat, Nov 8 2008, 08:00pm)

Dairy products tend to make you hold subcutaneous water, this is water between the muscle and the skin extecellular. You do not want this as a bodybuilder. It makes you look smooth and absolutly veinless. I have to agree we can use it, but in moderation, and post workout isn't that bad because it goes mostly in your muscles. But if we're a purist or preparing for a competition, I would not recommand taking your shake with milk or ice cream.
Nov 9 2008 06:33pm
Quote (EricEroc @ Mon, Nov 10 2008, 12:19am)
Dairy products tend to make you hold subcutaneous water, this is water between the muscle and the skin extecellular. You do not want this as a bodybuilder. It makes you look smooth and absolutly veinless. I have to agree we can use it, but in moderation, and post workout isn't that bad because it goes mostly in your muscles. But if we're a purist or preparing for a competition, I would not recommand taking your shake with milk or ice cream.

He never said icecream tongue.gif He just said "ice"
Nov 9 2008 06:33pm
Quote (Urbain @ Mon, Nov 10 2008, 12:33am)
He never said icecream tongue.gif He just said "ice"

oops!
my bad, keep up the good work wink.gif

This post was edited by EricEroc on Nov 9 2008 06:34pm
Nov 10 2008 01:02am
Quote (EricEroc @ Sun, Nov 9 2008, 08:19pm)

this is mentioning pre-competition bodybuilding. This thread most certainly does not revolve around something so specialized. Dairy is a huge part of any proper bulking cycle. For 99.9% of people, especially those who read this thread - pre-comp diet and preparations are not necessary. if such was necessary, i would reply to it in kind.

Instead I give more broad answers for the overall mass of people looking to get in shape. Dairy is a great source of slow digesting protein, good fats to help stimulate metabolism, and lactose which has a small effect on blood sugar.

Mixing shakes with milk is totally acceptable for anyway, except pre-comp.

Whole milk - bulking
2% milk - cutting
no milk - pre-comp

Try not to get too technical in this thread - this is for everyone to get answers, not to get nitpicky.
Nov 10 2008 01:05am
TIP OF THE DAY:

Eating not enough protein will prevent muscular gain, and can lead to fat increases. Try to consume at least 1gram of protein per pound of bodyweight each day. However, it is best to eat fast digesting proteins in the morning and before/after a workout (whey, chicken, turkey, tuna, eggs, fish) and slow digesting proteins (casein, milk, cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt) before bed or right after leaving home for work/school.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Nov 10 2008 02:28pm
Looking for a simple diet for slow steady gains, no eggs or fish plx =) thank you
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev155565758592039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll