d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev15435445455465472039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 97.66
Nov 2 2010 12:39am
Quote (IDUTCIH @ Nov 2 2010 01:19am)
Why do I always wake up with a extremely dry mouth? I drink plenty of water throughout the day and it's only been happening in the past year.

Any ideas?

Ur room too hot? maybe?
Gold: 50.00
Nov 2 2010 12:40am
Quote (KramerFtw @ Nov 1 2010 11:39pm)
Ur room too hot? maybe?

Nah It's actually cool in my room, not to mention I got a fan on highest that is shooting at me.
:blush:
Gold: 97.66
Nov 2 2010 12:44am
Quote (IDUTCIH @ Nov 2 2010 01:40am)
Nah It's actually cool in my room, not to mention I got a fan on highest that is shooting at me.
:blush:

my mouth is really dry when i get up too, Idk

my room is the hottest in the house tho
Gold: 2.00
Nov 2 2010 08:23am
how many years of college would i need to be a personal trainer qualified in nutrition and exercise. and do you know annual income?
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Nov 2 2010 09:19am
Quote (IDUTCIH @ Nov 2 2010 02:19am)
Why do I always wake up with a extremely dry mouth? I drink plenty of water throughout the day and it's only been happening in the past year.

Any ideas?

It sounds like you are having sinus difficulties and thus breathing through your mouth while you sleep - at least for a good portion of the time.

Try the BREATHE RIGHT ADVANCED Nasal Strips, follow the directions and use these every night before bed and see if it helps:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51X3GmU5bqL._AA380_.jpg

If it does, you probably have a deviated septum or sinus allergies while you sleep. Either way, if this improves your condition, please see an ENT (ears, nose, throat doctor) for further treatment options.

if the strips do NOT work, try using a netipot every night before bed (basically salt water that goes into one nostril and out the other), also clean your room (dust it carefully and make sure it's free of any mold/dust/dander) by cleaning, putting things, away, airing it out, and using an air purifier. Lastly, there is always OTC allergy meds like claritin that you can try.

Either way though, go see the ENT after testing out some of those options and see what kind of long term treatment is available for you.
Nov 2 2010 09:20am
Quote (KramerFtw @ Nov 2 2010 02:39am)
Ur room too hot? maybe?

heat has NOTHING to do with dry mouth while you sleep. It has to do with opening your mouth while you sleep which usually indicates a sinus problem or deviated septum, see the post above this one for the solution.
Nov 2 2010 09:30am
Quote (3atsarr0ws @ Nov 2 2010 10:23am)
how many years of college would i need to be a personal trainer qualified in nutrition and exercise. and do you know annual income?

Technically you don't need ANY college to be a personal trainer. All you need is a personal training certification. In order to achieve this without any prior knowledge would take approximately 1-2 months of studying followed up by taking an exam.

However, if you want to major in exercise science or kinesthesiology (4 year college bachelor's degree) you technically do NOT need a personal training certificate to practice as a trainer - although most places would still prefer that you get one as well.

The preferred method would be getting the 4 yr degree AND getting the personal training cert if you are planning to go work for an existing business. If you plan to free lance, it doesn't really matter so long as that you are good at what you do.

Lastly, the pay - this GREATLY varies across the country and depends on the place you work, if you free lance, how many hours you work, the clients you have, how good you are, etc. If you work for L.A. Fitness as a trainer, for example, you can expect to make around $40,000 a year if you are working the full 40 hour week and have been there at least a year to establish clientele.

If you work for a boutique gym that has high dollar clients who want constant training, you could make 60-80K / year by working 40-50 hrs per week.

If you work for a private gym or fitness club and have no clients and are just starting off, you can expect to make minimum wage + about $15 per hourly client when you actually have clients (most of the time you sit around the gym trying to get clients).

If you work for yourself and have your own freelance training service, you stand to make either nothing, a ton of money, or anything in between. It all depends on how good you are at getting business for yourself. Some things to consider would be, how do you look?? Are you an adonis? Are you moderately in shape? Do you serve as a role model for people you are going to train? Other things to consider would be your degree/training and level of knowledge, your available hours, if you are willing to make house calls, if you are insured and/or bonded, if you are backed by a physician, if you guarentee results, if you have competitive pricing, if you have a niche that no one else has, if you advertise properly, etc.

So in essence the pay rate for personal trainers in total goes from MINIMUM WAGE all the way up to several MILLION a year (dedicated celebrity trainers). The most common salary expected is between 30-40K / year.
Gold: 0.01
Nov 2 2010 09:41am
why does my penis grow whenever I see pictures of handsome ladies at the food market?
Nov 2 2010 12:04pm
Quote (bones0187 @ Nov 2 2010 11:41am)
why does my penis grow whenever I see pictures of handsome ladies at the food market?

lmao!

as hillarious as that is, please try to keep this sticky SPAM FREE.

Thank you! =)
Gold: 7,229.10
Nov 2 2010 12:13pm
which doctor should i see to consult on my belly skin elasticity? or what should i do.. cuz being fat for along time really made it's thing.. and now my goal is to tighten it as much as possible
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev15435445455465472039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll