d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev15385395405415422039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Oct 27 2010 03:11pm
hi,

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=49361617&f=60

so i had a year off last year where i did very little lol, I'm' not fat I'm around 5'8-5'9 and weigh 150-160 pounds.

so the problem is push ups. i can get like 10-15 in a row depending on how warmed up i am etc, i know it's not much try not to make fun of me.
i need to know some efficient ways of training myself in these, I'd like to be able to get 25ish or more without stopping.

i just started doing 5 sets of 10 every day along with 5 sets of 45 second bridges or planks w/e you wanna call them.

how can i maximize my push up tolerance and see results ASAP?

should i keep doing what i'm doing maybe buy some protein shakes or something? i don't know much about this stuff but once i get my army gym pass i'll likely get into it

e: also push ups make my wrists sore, maybe they need some work too

any help is appreciated
Gold: 8,040.00
Oct 27 2010 07:57pm
Hey just wondering if you could make me a meal plan + 5 day work out. Long story short i used to be lazy as fuck and got up to about 350-360 pounds. Decided i want to get healthy and im about 240-245 now at 6"3. Trying to lose another 40 pds been on the same diet now that i started on back in dec and lost the 100+ pds quick but now it seems i can not lose any more weight. Also have alot of excess stomach skin trying to get rid of with out having to get the surgery. Was also deciding about stopping lifting for about a month or so because I injured my shoulder playing basketball at the gym and its hard for me to even lift a 15 pound weight above my head with my right shoulder with out it hurting. Before the injury i was about to bench 265 with out a problem now i struggle to get 185 up with out my right shoulder feeling like it is about to pop out of the socket. I probably won't check back here for a while so if you do respond to my post please pm me. Thank you in advance for any information you can give me.
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Oct 27 2010 08:47pm
Quote (159357 @ Oct 27 2010 05:11pm)
hi,

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=49361617&f=60

so i had a year off last year where i did very little lol, I'm' not fat I'm around 5'8-5'9 and weigh 150-160 pounds.

so the problem is push ups. i can get like 10-15 in a row depending on how warmed up i am etc, i know it's not much try not to make fun of me.
i need to know some efficient ways of training myself in these, I'd like to be able to get 25ish or more without stopping.

i just started doing 5 sets of 10 every day along with 5 sets of 45 second bridges or planks w/e you wanna call them.

how can i maximize my push up tolerance and see results ASAP?

should i keep doing what i'm doing maybe buy some protein shakes or something? i don't know much about this stuff but once i get my army gym pass i'll likely get into it

e: also push ups make my wrists sore, maybe they need some work too

any help is appreciated

Hey there.

First of all, try a slightly closer grip for the pushups and feel your lats and chest doing most of the work, taking some pressure off of the shoulders and arms.

Secondly, EVERY day (6 days a week, take 1 day off in the middle...3 on 1 off) you need to be doing circuits of pushups.

Set 1 - 10 reps warmup
*2 minute rest*
Set 2 - Pushups until failure (lets assume you can get 15)
Immediately after hitting your maximum, build a bridge for 5 seconds, sag in the middle for 5 seconds, then continue to rep out as many pushups as possible (let's assume you get 5 more).
*2 minute rest*
Set 3 - Repeat Set 2
*2 minute rest*
Set 4 - Repeat Set 2
*2 minute rest*
Set 5 - Repeat Set 2

Once all 5 sets are completed, you need to take a few hours off, and repeat it once more later on (at least 4-6 hours apart)

THE MAJOR KEY HERE IS TO STRIVE FOR AT LEAST 1-2 MORE PUSHUPS ADDED TO EACH SET EVERY SINGLE DAY!

Mind over matter here, keep telling yourself you can do it and fight through it.

Also immediately post pushups take in a good protein shake (try Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex or NOW! Whey Isolate) and 5g of creatine monohydrate (Optimum Nutrition Micronized Creatine Monohydrate) mixed with grape juice.

You should be good to go in approx 2 weeks.
Oct 27 2010 08:56pm
Quote (AJNINJA @ Oct 27 2010 09:57pm)
Hey just wondering if you could make me a meal plan + 5 day work out. Long story short i used to be lazy as fuck and got up to about 350-360 pounds. Decided i want to get healthy and im about 240-245 now at 6"3. Trying to lose another 40 pds been on the same diet now that i started on back in dec and lost the 100+ pds quick but now it seems i can not lose any more weight. Also have alot of excess stomach skin trying to get rid of with out having to get the surgery. Was also deciding about stopping lifting for about a month or so because I injured my shoulder playing basketball at the gym and its hard for me to even lift a 15 pound weight above my head with my right shoulder with out it hurting. Before the injury i was about to bench 265 with out a problem now i struggle to get 185 up with out my right shoulder feeling like it is about to pop out of the socket. I probably won't check back here for a while so if you do respond to my post please pm me. Thank you in advance for any information you can give me.

hey there.

Please see these:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=304396247

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&p=304616466

As far as extra skin goes, we can cross that bridge once you get to the weight and body fat % that you are striving for. Most of the time surgery is the only option for people who end up losing such drastic ammounts of fat. However if you wanted to bulk up...the more muscle you have in those areas means the tighter the skin.

If you shoulder is suffering, do NOT use it for a while. Keep it rested and make sure to ice it periodically. After about a week or two of rest for the shoulder, go back in doing shoulder work with LIGHT weights...gradually taking your time to work up to heavier weight. If you keep having issues, I recommend seeing a doctor.

Hope this helps!
Oct 27 2010 11:02pm
may u plz explain to me the difference between r-ala and ala?
Oct 27 2010 11:11pm
Quote (Kiston @ Oct 28 2010 01:02am)
may u plz explain to me the difference between r-ala and ala?

certainly

Regular Alpha Lipoic Acid is made up of 50% R(+) Alpha Lipoic Acid and 50% S(-) Alpha Lipoic Acid.

The R(+) Alpha Lipoic Acid is the base natural form of ALA which is abundant in nature and the human body.

The S(-) Alpha Lipoic Acid is the synthetic chemical binder created in labs which is actually a biproduct of R(+) alpha lipoic acid.

Lab studies have shown that S(-) ALA not only is less effective, but in some cases can actually antagonize the R(+) form thus yielding even worse results...or possibly negative results all together.

Thus the best idea is to make sure you get R(+) ALA only, which is 100% natural and is rich with health benefits....beware the regular ALA with the S(-) form attached.
Oct 28 2010 02:37pm
For the past month I have been waking up with a swollen throat near the tonsils ( it is all red) and it goes away during the day or come back at night.

It doesn't hurt but I have been waking up with this daily or so

Last year i had a streptococcus and I got antibios for the doctor.

What should I do for this ? Should i get medocs from doctor or??

Oct 28 2010 08:48pm
Quote (serennia @ Oct 28 2010 04:37pm)
For the past month I have been waking up with a swollen throat near the tonsils ( it is all red) and it goes away during the day or come back at night.

It doesn't hurt but I have been waking up with this daily or so

Last year i had a streptococcus and I got antibios for the doctor.

What should I do for this ? Should i get medocs from doctor or??

Sounds like an immunity problem.

See this post on boosting your immune system:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&p=309974186

Try this out and let me know if it works...if not I'll try some different approaches.
Oct 28 2010 09:46pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Oct 29 2010 02:48am)
Sounds like an immunity problem.

See this post on boosting your immune system:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&p=309974186

Try this out and let me know if it works...if not I'll try some different approaches.

is creatine + ec a bad combo?
Gold: 12,843.00
Oct 28 2010 10:17pm
Hi i was wondering if you would be able to aid me in my quest to get a little bit thinner. Im currently 5 "9 and weigh about 155 - 160 pounds. im just looking to trim a little bit of fat off my stomach and maybe add a little bit of muscle at the same time. i currently work at ups which i am active for about 3:30 - 4 hours a day(not as active as taking a taking a jog but i still get some exercise.) i have a treadmill at home as well as a bench set. what would you recommend as a diet and workout program just to get a flat stomach. i would eventually love to move up to a six pack and what not but this is my first goal. also i do not like protein shakes that much and if it would at all be possible to not have them in my diet it would be much more preferred however you are the one with the advice so if you think its the better choice then leme know.
thanks a bunch
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev15385395405415422039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll