d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev152535455562039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 451.64
Oct 30 2008 08:30pm
Lately ive been drinking a raw egg a day and i've heard it can contain bacteria, the eggs i drink are from my neighbours chickens so does it still have harmful bacteria? If it is healthy to drink raw eggs im wondering if i should drink it early in the morning for breakfast before/after i go for a run or should i drink it at another time, and i was thinking about upping it to 2-3 eggs a day if it is good for me. Any help you can give me is great ty
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Oct 30 2008 09:21pm
Quote (Da_Greatest_77 @ Thu, Oct 30 2008, 10:30pm)
Lately ive been drinking a raw egg a day and i've heard it can contain bacteria, the eggs i drink are from my neighbours chickens so does it still have harmful bacteria? If it is healthy to drink raw eggs im wondering if i should drink it early in the morning for breakfast before/after i go for a run or should i drink it at another time, and i was thinking about upping it to 2-3 eggs a day if it is good for me. Any help you can give me is great ty

raw eggs are useless. don't bother with that. Most of the albumin in uncooked egg is not digested correctly in the body, which leads to overall less protein per egg. Same goes for overcooked eggs. The best egg is lightly cooked. Avoid raw.
Oct 30 2008 09:26pm
Quote (Coca_Cola @ Thu, Oct 30 2008, 10:29pm)
No,I'm waiting for his responce biggrin.gif
I'm not looking through 106 pages.

There are 54 pages lol.

secondly - as far as the bowflex goes - it should come with an instructional list of exercises that the machine can perform.

with that in mind, try to focus on the following:

Monday - Chest and Back
Tueday - Legs and Abs
Wednesday - Biceps, Triceps, Forearms
Thursday - Shoulders, Traps, Abs
Friday - Weakest muscle groups that need more work (for me its calves, biceps, and rear delts).

do these exercises in 8x4 format (8 reps 4 sets ascending weight)

With that workout plan in mind, just eat a lot....get cytogainer (a weight gainer protein shake) and drink 2-3 of them a day (preferably in the morning and after a workout.

In addition....,make sure you get at least 2,500 calories a day, with at least 250g protein.

Gold: 167.50
Oct 30 2008 10:04pm
I think this was the thread I asked a few questions in, but I can't remember and it's so long.

Is there a way to figure out what you need for your degrees basic wise?

I wasn't sure on what math or english to take the first time.

I want to go into kinetics or nutrition. I plan on getting my bachelors in one of the two.

Do you have a site on the basic levels of math and english?
Oct 31 2008 12:05pm
Quote (24788 @ Fri, Oct 31 2008, 12:04am)
I think this was the thread I asked a few questions in, but I can't remember and it's so long.

Is there a way to figure out what you need for your degrees basic wise?

I wasn't sure on what math or english to take the first time.

I want to go into kinetics or nutrition. I plan on getting my bachelors in one of the two.

Do you have a site on the basic levels of math and english?

this is stipulated by the university that you attend. Most of them have similar core requirements, but it varies from state-to-state and university-to-university. I would recommend looking it up on your college's website.

for me, it required:

2 English
2 math
2 science
2 social sciences
2 history
1 foreign language
1 health
1 speech
1 am govt
6 electives

that = 60 credits for AA degree here...

then you need another 60 for the degree of your choice at university...generally those requirements are TOTALLY different on each school you go to.
Gold: 0.00
Nov 2 2008 12:45am
Weight: 170ish
Height: 5.11

problem is, i have joint issues. ive been to to doctors many times and they havent been able to help and i get frustrated going back and forth and not seeing anything work. so im living with this joint problem. Not always but every now and again i will have the urge to need to pop my shoulders and/or my neck. but this urge will eventually pass after a day or two and im okay for a few days or weeks ( i never know when i have this problem but when i do its very uncomfortable ) ive been told that there is a supplement that i can take to recondition the tendons in my joints or whatever ( im not 100% about what i was told about it nor do i remember the name of it ). I went to my local rite-aid and asked the pharmacist about the supplement that was recommended but she advised me not to take it because only people that are 50+ take it and i should try a multi-vitamin and see how that works. Nothing has changed and as i sit here today i am popping my neck and shoulder ever 10 seconds or so.

i used to go to the gym and had a workout regiment that i stuck to everyday. its been almost a year and i've put on a protective layer over my stomach and im not as cut as i used to be. im in search of some advice as to what kind of workout i should be doing to get cut up again and become stronger with the noted problem in mind. What should and shouldn't i be eating etc. etc. and as far as supplements go, any recommendations on which i should be taking that i can get at a gnc or other store? again with the noted problem in mind. not a big fan of purchasing things online.

thanks for your time
mike

ps. i smoke cigarettes and i dont plan on quitting.

This post was edited by appleeeXD on Nov 2 2008 12:51am
Nov 2 2008 03:30pm
Quote (appleeeXD @ Sun, Nov 2 2008, 02:45am)
Weight: 170ish
Height: 5.11

problem is, i have joint issues. ive been to to doctors many times and they havent been able to help and i get frustrated going back and forth and not seeing anything work. so im living with this joint problem. Not always but every now and again i will have the urge to need to pop my shoulders and/or my neck. but this urge will eventually pass after a day or two and im okay for a few days or weeks ( i never know when i have this problem but when i do its very uncomfortable ) ive been told that there is a supplement that i can take to recondition the tendons in my joints or whatever ( im not 100% about what i was told about it nor do i remember the name of it ). I went to my local rite-aid and asked the pharmacist about the supplement that was recommended but she advised me not to take it because only people that are 50+ take it and i should try a multi-vitamin and see how that works. Nothing has changed and as i sit here today i am popping my neck and shoulder ever 10 seconds or so.

i used to go to the gym and had a workout regiment that i stuck to everyday. its been almost a year and i've put on a protective layer over my stomach and im not as cut as i used to be. im in search of some advice as to what kind of workout i should be doing to get cut up again and become stronger with the noted problem in mind. What should and shouldn't i be eating etc. etc. and as far as supplements go, any recommendations on which i should be taking that i can get at a gnc or other store? again with the noted problem in mind. not a big fan of purchasing things online.

thanks for your time
mike

ps. i smoke cigarettes and i dont plan on quitting.

hey there...for your joint problem 2 things come to mind.

Universal Animal Flex (its a cylindrical tin of 44 indvidually wrapped packets of pills) - this is a joint support formula which has everything you need.

secondly, try to go to a chiropractor. This really helps when alignment is an issue, and thats what it sounds like to me. Find a local chiropractor or one reccomended to you by friends/family...and get your consultation and try to go once a week for an adjustment.

after a month or two of the supplement + the adjustments....get back to me, and you should be MUCH better.
Nov 2 2008 04:05pm
Need advise on some kind of protein shake to drink for working out
also where to buy the creatine and such
Warn: 100%
Nov 2 2008 07:15pm
how much should i be concerned about sodium intake?

it seems almost everything available here on campus is loaded with the stuff, so should i be concerned? any suggestions, info, advice?

it shall be appreciated.
Gold: 16,894.22
Nov 3 2008 07:01am
im about to start a new kinda program,
just want your opinion to see if it would work.

so here we go, i'll use chest as an example.

10-15reps push up, go straight into dumbell press ( heavy enuff for 5reps ) and straight into, dumbell flys 15-20 reps.

what do think bout this? think it would work well? feel free to change any thing smile.gif
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev152535455562039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll