d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev151525354552039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Oct 28 2008 10:49pm
Quote (bnrhodes2 @ Tue, Oct 28 2008, 05:46pm)
just for my own knowledge, what is it about grape juice that makes it good for mixing with creatine? does it have to be 100% grape juice? are there any alternatives?

also, what is dextrose the most helpful for? and how much/how often/ and when should it be consumed?

Grape or Apple juice are the two most superior juices. The reason is twofold.

1. Grape and Apple juice have very low acidity (which minimizes the chance of the creatine being prematurely broken down)

2. Both grape and apple juice have high glycemic impact which will lead to more insulin being released faster - thus allowing the direct uptake of creatine to reach the muscles faster and in a more efficient manner. Post workout and early morning creatine mixed with juice also will stimulate metabolism from the sugars, and provide direct carbohydrate energy.

Mixing creatine in a shake or water with dextrose is also ok...but not nearly as good as the alternative.
Gold: 16,894.22
Oct 29 2008 10:28am
got a question concerning squats/deadlfits,
so the last time i perform them( 2 weeks ago ), i had this sorta lower back ache that last till today, ( its getting better tho )
i went heavier then i ever did, was just thinking, is it becuz of the sudden increase in weight that make them sore for this long? ( is it even possible to ache for 2weeks? :S )
just worried if its anything to be concern about, not sure if its my Form, never had any problems like this before.

Thanks for advice!
Oct 29 2008 11:17am
Quote (CrimsonOdin @ Wed, Oct 29 2008, 12:28pm)
got a question concerning squats/deadlfits,
so the last time i perform them( 2 weeks ago ), i had this sorta lower back ache that last till today, ( its getting better tho )
i went heavier then i ever did, was just thinking, is it becuz of the sudden increase in weight that make them sore for this long? ( is it even possible to ache for 2weeks? :S )
just worried if its anything to be concern about, not sure if its my Form, never had any problems like this before.

Thanks for advice!

yes it is possible to ache for 2 weeks from lifting much heavier than usual....which can result in 2 things - comprimised form which ends up working other muscle groups or pulls ligaments and/or tendons to far (hyperextension) or aggravates them. The other option is that the weight on your shoulders compressed the discs in your spine, ultimately resting on the lower sacral spine which is where you are feeling the pain.

Either way, the solution is simple. Do not do squats as heavy...and try just the heavy deadlifts. See if the pain returns in the same fashion. If it does - there are 2 solutions, you are going straight-leg deadlifts (which are GREAT for lower back strength, but dont go too heavy) or alternatively your lower back is weak and needs to be worked on.

If you do not feel the pain after doing JUST deadlifts, then the problem was compression from the squats. The solution is to work more on back and lower your squat weight.
Gold: 192.00
Oct 29 2008 04:16pm
what are good ways to work the lower back muscles? iv explained my probelm before but i really need to get the muscles stronger there so i can attempt to squat and deadlift...would light deadlifts work?
Gold: 0.00
Oct 29 2008 04:17pm
Quote (bnrhodes2 @ Wed, Oct 29 2008, 05:16pm)
what are good ways to work the lower back muscles? iv explained my probelm before but i really need to get the muscles stronger there so i can attempt to squat and deadlift...would light deadlifts work?

don't mean to hijack the thread but do you do hyperextensions?
Gold: 192.00
Oct 29 2008 04:26pm
Quote (codymichaud @ Wed, Oct 29 2008, 06:17pm)
don't mean to hijack the thread but do you do hyperextensions?

yep..it helped a little, but my fucked up back still cant handle deadlifts
Oct 30 2008 12:31am
Quote (bnrhodes2 @ Wed, Oct 29 2008, 06:16pm)

best lower back exercises are straight leg deadlifts (go light) or lower back extensions while holding a weight plate (its like a reverse situp)
Banned
Gold: 27,221.47
Oct 30 2008 07:38pm
Hi,I need your advice.
I'm 124 and quite skinny.
I want to bulk up on my abs in order to form a 6 pack for some girl of mine.
I also want to bulk up my upper body muscles.
I bought the Bowflex XTL..
I didn't really like going to the gym and waiting to use a certain machie.
That method took forever.
I just got the XTL Today.
It uses a lifting method called reistance.
I am 16.
5'8-5'9 in hieght.
I weight about 124 pounds. (according to school electronic scale.
Under water weighting was 132 pounds.
Electronic scale at my house is 128.
At School I can bench about 155 max?
What should my diet be like? ( I don't believe in taking medicaton/vitamins such as pills,steroids,etc...)
I want to earn this healthy and strong.
How much should I wokr out each day?
What should I do per day?
if you need a list of what my machine can do,please say so.
That's all for now cool.gif
Gold: 0.00
Oct 30 2008 08:03pm
Quote (Coca_Cola @ Fri, Oct 31 2008, 01:38am)
Hi,I need your advice.
I'm 124 and quite skinny.
I want to bulk up on my abs in order to form a 6 pack for some girl of mine.
I also want to bulk up my upper body muscles.
I bought the Bowflex XTL..
I didn't really like going to the gym and waiting to use a certain machie.
That method took forever.
I just got the XTL Today.
It uses a lifting method called reistance.
I am 16.
5'8-5'9 in hieght.
I weight about 124 pounds. (according to school electronic scale.
Under water weighting was 132 pounds.
Electronic scale at my house is 128.
At School I can bench about 155 max?
What should my diet be like? ( I don't believe in taking medicaton/vitamins such as pills,steroids,etc...)
I want to earn this healthy and strong.
How much should I wokr out each day?
What should I do per day?
if you need a list of what my machine can do,please say so.
That's all for now cool.gif

Not jacking the thread but just mentionning what SKC will probably say : Browse through the thread, many people, including me, have the same situation as you, and many answers are to be found.

This post was edited by Urbain on Oct 30 2008 08:03pm
Banned
Gold: 27,221.47
Oct 30 2008 08:29pm
Quote (Urbain @ Fri, Oct 31 2008, 02:03am)
Not jacking the thread but just mentionning what SKC will probably say : Browse through the thread, many people, including me, have the same situation as you, and many answers are to be found.

No,I'm waiting for his responce biggrin.gif
I'm not looking through 106 pages.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev151525354552039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll