d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Motivation Thread For The Next Year Of Fitness > Pictures
Prev14567892Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 1 2011 03:25pm
If you dont chase your dreams and set the bar high youll never get anything you want in life. Mind of matter can get a little white boy from arizona into the NFL. Fuck the doubters fuck the supporters fuck everyone but you and yourself and get what you want and never strive for anything less than what you deserve.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 1 2011 03:33pm
Tears get you sympathy
Sweat get you results.
Gold: 120,593.01
Jan 1 2011 03:35pm
Quote (Cactus @ Jan 1 2011 05:24pm)
I just don't buy the "my entire life I've been told I can't" mentallity...  I mean sure there's some 4 year old somewhere getting beat on by his drunk stepdad or something, but I feel like a lot of this is manufactured motivation...

Quote (Morholt @ Jan 1 2011 05:05pm)
You can speak for yourself, but you can't speak for everyone.

;)
Gold: 267.00
Jan 1 2011 03:39pm
Quote (Morholt @ Jan 1 2011 04:35pm)
;)

I am speaking for myself... ;)
Jan 1 2011 03:46pm
Quote (Cactus @ Jan 1 2011 05:39pm)
I am speaking for myself... ;)
Exactly.
You said the hate/doubt doesn't exist for anyone.
I said that might be for you, but not everyone.
You then said that you personally don't get it.
I restated what I said earlier: you--not everyone.
Jan 1 2011 03:49pm
Quote (Morholt @ Jan 1 2011 04:46pm)
Exactly.
You said the hate/doubt doesn't exist for anyone.
I said that might be for you, but not everyone.
You then said that you personally don't get it.
I restated what I said earlier: you--not everyone.

fair enough... that was worded poorly on my part... I could just never be the guy in the gym trying to get that last rep while thinking of my 11th grade english teacher who told me i could never do it, because I know that my english teacher isn't at home thinking about what a failure i am... most of the "doubters" i've come across, don't care what I do and don't spend as much time worrying about me as your doubters do about you I guess...
Jan 1 2011 03:57pm
Quote (Cactus @ Jan 1 2011 05:49pm)
fair enough...  that was worded poorly on my part...  I could just never be the guy in the gym trying to get that last rep while thinking of my 11th grade english teacher who told me i could never do it, because I know that my english teacher isn't at home thinking about what a failure i am...  most of the "doubters" i've come across, don't care what I do and don't spend as much time worrying about me as your doubters do about you I guess...
Generally, they're not motivation during the workout, unless they're there giving you the challenge. "You can't do that weight 4 times." "F*** you, I'll do it 6 times."
However, trust me, there are times in an intense workout where something is saying you have to push harder, you hear someone's voice saying you can't, and something fueling your drive. If you've never experienced this, you've never really worked out.

Use the doubt of people to motivate you to show them you can.
Your teacher thinks you suck at math? Let that motivate you to learn math. You won't be thinking about your teacher while you're learning, but when you're not there learning, you'll have it in the back of your mind that you should be looking to improve.
Someone says you can't run a 5k? Let that be the motivation you need to run a marathon.

This post was edited by Morholt on Jan 1 2011 04:01pm
Jan 1 2011 04:13pm
Quote (Morholt @ Jan 1 2011 04:57pm)
Generally, they're not motivation during the workout, unless they're there giving you the challenge. "You can't do that weight 4 times." "F*** you, I'll do it 6 times."
However, trust me, there are times in an intense workout where something is saying you have to push harder, you hear someone's voice saying you can't, and something fueling your drive. If you've never experienced this, you've never really worked out.

Use the doubt of people to motivate you to show them you can.
Your teacher thinks you suck at math? Let that motivate you to learn math. You won't be thinking about your teacher while you're learning, but when you're not there learning, you'll have it in the back of your mind that you should be looking to improve.
Someone says you can't run a 5k? Let that be the motivation you need to run a marathon.

You can speak for yourself, but you can't speak for everyone... :P

Maybe I just grew up somehere different... My teachers never told us we sucked... People don't tell me I can't run a 5k... I think some people, and I'm not even saying you're one of them, talk themselves into people doubting them when those people really don't care... but if it motivates a person to achieve great things then so be it, I just think it seems manufactured to me... Either that or there are a lot more people who hate guys at the gym than I realize...
Gold: 22.50
Jan 1 2011 04:18pm
Quote (Cactus @ 1 Jan 2011 17:13)
You can speak for yourself, but you can't speak for everyone...  :P

Maybe I just grew up somehere different...  My teachers never told us we sucked...  People don't tell me I can't run a 5k...  I think some people, and I'm not even saying you're one of them, talk themselves into people doubting them when those people really don't care...  but if it motivates a person to achieve great things then so be it, I just think it seems manufactured to me...  Either that or there are a lot more people who hate guys at the gym than I realize...

everyone does it, they just have different methods. many feelings and emotions are manufactured by self talk. Morholt isn't the only person to do it -- nor is he weird for doing it.
Gold: 33.00
Jan 1 2011 04:22pm
"Can't" is just "won't" disguised by laziness and fear.

This post was edited by yCoRrUpT on Jan 1 2011 04:22pm
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev14567892Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll