d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev14714724734744752039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,955.00
Jul 31 2010 07:14am
Ok so I lied about the grapefruit, it tastes just like an orange except the after-taste is really bitter but I can for sure eat it.
Gonna try this diet out for a bit, hopefully my strength goes up a bit and I get bigger. :) the only thing I'm ever worried about is losing muscle cause being natural sucks to put it back on. Lol I'm just now starting to gain my strength back from my show in May. :/

Thanks a lot for your help!

And btw would doing the stairmaster for 15-20 minutes in intervals be good for post-workout cardio? That shit is intense lol

This post was edited by cseitz71690 on Jul 31 2010 07:15am
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jul 31 2010 09:29am
Quote (cseitz71690 @ Jul 31 2010 09:14am)
Ok so I lied about the grapefruit, it tastes just like an orange except the after-taste is really bitter but I can for sure eat it.
Gonna try this diet out for a bit, hopefully my strength goes up a bit and I get bigger. :) the only thing I'm ever worried about is losing muscle cause being natural sucks to put it back on. Lol I'm just now starting to gain my strength back from my show in May. :/

Thanks a lot for your help!

And btw would doing the stairmaster for 15-20 minutes in intervals be good for post-workout cardio? That shit is intense lol

Stairmaster is an interesting thing...if performed at a slower pace, it tends to be more anaerobic and works the leg muscles more than anything. For pure cardio you'd have to be railing those stairs so fast that any sustained period of stairmaster would be impossible. However, any exercises that gets your heart into the 135-150 range is burning body fat....so if you can find a happy medium using the stairmaster and it doesn't kill your legs to the point that you skip leg day...then go for it!

also, you will not lose muscle on this plan whatsoever. All you have to do is keep the workouts steady, keep the creatine flowing, and make sure to get plenty of sleep!
Gold: 190,681.00
Jul 31 2010 10:41am
Hello SKCRaynor

Here's the thing I'm currently at 17.4% BF weighing about 194 lbs and I'm ~6'1. About a month ago I had gotten down to 187 lbs but how much of the added weight I'm carrying now is actually fat or added water I do not know but it started coming on when I started taking protein powder (30g of the stuff a day). Anyway I'd love to get down to around 14% BF and I'm certainly ready to work for it. This is what my current program looks like:

Monday: Chest + triceps as well as 20 minutes of cardio
Tuesday: 30-45 minutes of cardio
Wednesday: Back + biceps + 20 minutes of cardio
Thursday: 30-45 minutes of cardio
Friday: Shoulders + legs
Weekend: 30 minutes of cardio

Sometimes I use running for my 30-45 minutes of cardio and other times I use Swimming for up to 1 hour and from September I'll be playing 2½ hours of badminton as well although that will replace one of the cardio days.

My diet is not bad but its not extreme either as I don't mind working a bit harder and have a few extra calories. For breakfast I'll usually have corn flakes without sugar and for lunch some slices of ryebread with egg or something else on it along with some veggies or fruit. As for dinner it might be lasagna, rice or whatever is on the menu as well as some steamed vegetables. I try to avoid alcohol and I rarely eat stuff like pizzas, burgers or obvious unhealthy stuff and I usually have my shake after my workout.
Gold: 3.38
Jul 31 2010 10:57am
Is Animal Cuts an effective fat burner or is it just one of those "hyped up" supplements?
Gold: 120.00
Jul 31 2010 11:08am
Quote (Mesonychid @ Jul 31 2010 11:57am)
Is Animal Cuts an effective fat burner or is it just one of those "hyped up" supplements?

It'll make you sweat more and give you a little boost, also make you piss more often, but it's not something that'll substantially give you any real "fat burning" benefits.
Jul 31 2010 11:24am
Quote (Monze @ Jul 31 2010 12:41pm)
Hello SKCRaynor

Here's the thing I'm currently at 17.4% BF weighing about 194 lbs and I'm ~6'1. About a month ago I had gotten down to 187 lbs but how much of the added weight I'm carrying now is actually fat or added water I do not know but it started coming on when I started taking protein powder (30g of the stuff a day). Anyway I'd love to get down to around 14% BF and I'm certainly ready to work for it. This is what my current program looks like:

Monday: Chest + triceps as well as 20 minutes of cardio
Tuesday: 30-45 minutes of cardio
Wednesday: Back + biceps + 20 minutes of cardio
Thursday: 30-45 minutes of cardio
Friday: Shoulders + legs
Weekend: 30 minutes of cardio

Sometimes I use running for my 30-45 minutes of cardio and other times I use Swimming for up to 1 hour and from September I'll be playing 2½ hours of badminton as well although that will replace one of the cardio days.

My diet is not bad but its not extreme either as I don't mind working a bit harder and have a few extra calories. For breakfast I'll usually have corn flakes without sugar and for lunch some slices of ryebread with egg or something else on it along with some veggies or fruit. As for dinner it might be lasagna, rice or whatever is on the menu as well as some steamed vegetables. I try to avoid alcohol and I rarely eat stuff like pizzas, burgers or obvious unhealthy stuff and I usually have my shake after my workout.

Hello -

exercise plan is good...diet is terrible. You are not eating frequently enough or the right foods. You'd be better off with burgers than what you've been eating to be quite honest.

Anyway...here is a sample meal plan...remember to eat every 2-3 hours without fail! also eliminate sugar (both drinks and foods) from your diet.

Meal 1 - 1 cup oatmeal + 3 whole eggs + 1/2 grapefruit
Meal 2 - 1 can tuna + 1 slice whole grain bread + 1 oz cheese + veggies
Meal 3 - 6 oz chicken breast + 1/2 cup brown rice + green beans (or any green veggie)
Meal 4 - 6 oz hamburger or salisbury steam (90/10 or leaner ground meat) + a salad w/ olive oil + vinegar
Meal 5 - 1 cup cottage cheese + 1 tbsp peanut butter + cinnamon

Post-Workout will be a protein shake...I didn't include that in your above meal plan because I wasn't sure where PWO would fit in during the day...so just consider your PWO another meal to make a total of 6 meals. Remember to keep meals 2-3 hours apart. Also drink at least 1-1.5 gal of water per day.
Jul 31 2010 11:27am
Quote (Mesonychid @ Jul 31 2010 12:57pm)

it's OK...not really the best bang for the buck. As far as stimulants go (the only real effective fat burners) the best choice I've ever used is GAT Jet Fuel. That stuff actually works really well and has a good blend far beyond that of its competitors...in addition it's pretty cheap.

If you want a seperate thermogenic stack, just try this:

Acetyl L-Carnitine (500mg 3x a day on an empty stomach)
(+)R Alpha Lipoic Acid (500mg 3x a day with meals)
Caffeine (either in the form of green tea, or coffee - 400-500mg on an empty stomach in the morning and 400-500mg pre-workout)
Cinnamon (put it in all applicable foods)
Black Pepper and Cayenne Pepper (put in all applicable foods)
Tri Chromium Piccolinate (take 2x per day)
Gold: 190,681.00
Jul 31 2010 11:32am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ 31 Jul 2010 19:24)
Hello -

exercise plan is good...diet is terrible. You are not eating frequently enough or the right foods. You'd be better off with burgers than what you've been eating to be quite honest.

Anyway...here is a sample meal plan...remember to eat every 2-3 hours without fail! also eliminate sugar (both drinks and foods) from your diet.

Meal 1 - 1 cup oatmeal + 3 whole eggs + 1/2 grapefruit
Meal 2 - 1 can tuna + 1 slice whole grain bread + 1 oz cheese + veggies
Meal 3 - 6 oz chicken breast + 1/2 cup brown rice + green beans (or any green veggie)
Meal 4 - 6 oz hamburger or salisbury steam (90/10 or leaner ground meat) + a salad w/ olive oil + vinegar
Meal 5 - 1 cup cottage cheese + 1 tbsp peanut butter + cinnamon

Post-Workout will be a protein shake...I didn't include that in your above meal plan because I wasn't sure where PWO would fit in during the day...so just consider your PWO another meal to make a total of 6 meals. Remember to keep meals 2-3 hours apart. Also drink at least 1-1.5 gal of water per day.

I see well I do try to mix in a few extra meals such as a can of tuna or the like but I can't say I never fail at eating 5 times a day. What is it specifically that I am eating that is so bad? Are oats really that much better than corn flakes and what about rye bread?
Jul 31 2010 11:40am
Quote (Monze @ Jul 31 2010 01:32pm)
I see well I do try to mix in a few extra meals such as a can of tuna or the like but I can't say I never fail at eating 5 times a day. What is it specifically that I am eating that is so bad? Are oats really that much better than corn flakes and what about rye bread?

corn flakes are empty and have virtually no good nutrients...they are also not totally whole grain which means they are higher on the glycemic scale. furthermore rye bread is not nearly as good as true whole grain bread. Oats are some of the best form of whole grains you can eat...extremely slow digesting and very low on the glycemic index. Also rich in fiber and very filling.

In addition, frequency of eating is instrumental in keeping metabolism high. Eating every 3 hours exactly is optimal for fat loss.

Keep your calories down to around 2,000 per day TOTAL...no more than that in order to get proper fat burning ability for your height/weight/bf%.

5 meals + 1 shake per day = perfect for you.

Try my plan and see how it does for you.

Gold: 3.38
Jul 31 2010 11:45am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jul 31 2010 09:27am)
it's OK...not really the best bang for the buck. As far as stimulants go (the only real effective fat burners) the best choice I've ever used is GAT Jet Fuel. That stuff actually works really well and has a good blend far beyond that of its competitors...in addition it's pretty cheap.

If you want a seperate thermogenic stack, just try this:

Acetyl L-Carnitine (500mg 3x a day on an empty stomach)
(+)R Alpha Lipoic Acid (500mg 3x a day with meals)
Caffeine (either in the form of green tea, or coffee - 400-500mg on an empty stomach in the morning and 400-500mg pre-workout)
Cinnamon (put it in all applicable foods)
Black Pepper and Cayenne Pepper (put in all applicable foods)
Tri Chromium Piccolinate (take 2x per day)

Anything different go on while you used Jet Fuel? (More sweating, etc.)
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev14714724734744752039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll