d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev14654664674684692039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jul 26 2010 02:35pm
Quote (kishan89 @ Jul 26 2010 02:32pm)
Hi there, i just posted a topic, can u take a look at it? Thanks a lot :)

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=46358034&f=60

Its about a cut.

the diet you are on is not very good...please see these posts:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&p=298006373

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&p=298250196

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&p=298250791

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&p=304616466

anabolic cutting diet
Jul 26 2010 02:44pm
Quote (siaclan @ Jul 26 2010 04:31pm)
I posted a few months back about bulking up. Well, its been about 2 months, I am now 150 (gained 14 pounds), pretty ripped, and very confident. I would like to, first, give you a huge thank you for doing this! Second, it is time for me to move on and work harder! With that said...

I am attempting to walk on at University of Illinois for high jump. I did high jump in High School and was pretty good (so the experience is there). What I need is a...I guess...cardio/leg strengthening workout that will target my fast twitch muscles and just give me overall leg power.

I know plyometrics are a good way to go...I guess I need recommendations on what to do with limited equipment. Thanks in advance!

Hey there. First off you are very welcome. It always makes me feel good to know that people on here follow my advice and get real results. Very inspiring!

Anyway, as far as high jump goes....there is an excellent little routine I have made for other people interested in high jump before.

First lets understand that for proper high jump you need mostly fast twitch development....however the key is in what type of motion you use for the fast twitch exercises. You are wanting to recreate a high jump with whatever you do in order to get your body so used to it, that progress becomes a natural occurrence.

With that in mind, we are going to do a 3/1 split for high jumps (in addition to a regular upper body routine).

Day 1 - 10 sets of High Jumps with ankle weights and light dumbbells in your hands...gradually going up in weight. Perform a warmup set of 10 high jumps with no weights, then for set 2 attach ankle weights (2.5-5lbs each) and get 10 reps, then for the 3rd set grab some 2.5-5lb dumbbells in each hand and crank out another 10 reps. After this, when you start going up in weight for your dumbbells, go down in reps until the 7th set, where you will breakdown and start reducing the weight until you get to the 10th set of what you did on your 3rd set. For all sets after set 3, you will perform as many reps as you can UP TO 10. If you can't get 10, that's fine...but if you do hit 10...then stop.

Day 2 - Explosive Squats, Explosive Standing Calf Raises, Explosive Leg Extensions, Explosive Leg Curls, and Explosive Lunges. (Do 3 sets of each, going up in weight each set - do 12-15 reps with moderate weight). Proper explosive sets should be very SLOW on the decline and explode up as fast as possible on the incline. So for squats...when you go down, go down really slow for a count of 4-5 seconds. Then explode up as fast as you can and immediately start coming back down. Use this same form for all exercises.

Day 3 - Repeat day 1.

Day 4 - OFF

Day 5 - Repeat day 2.

Day 6 - Repeat day 1.

Day 7 - Repeat day 2.

Day 8 - OFF

and so forth.

As time goes on, your high jump is going to start getting better and better (with and ESPECIALLY without weights). If you have any problems or concerns, let me know. But I estimate that within 12 weeks you should have added at least a few solid inches to your high jump.
Gold: 20.00
Jul 26 2010 02:52pm
With this 3 on 1 off workout, how often do I do upper body (days 1/3/5/7 ect?) Also, is it bad to go for jogs/runs to get me in better cardio shape or should I save this for off days?

When you refer to "high jumps", do you mean standing in place and jumping as high as I can or actually jumping over the bar?

On a side note, my mom has urged me to stop the use of creatine (pills, don't know if there is a difference). I want to hear from you your thoughts on creatine. I know with everything health related, there are studies both good and bad regarding usage.

A little background, my mom says creatine use can damage to your kidneys. My family has had kidney issues in the past, but in the last 2-3 months, my body feels great and I have not really had any issues. I only take the recommended dosage per day (2 pills of the GNC brand), no more, no less. Your thoughts?

This post was edited by siaclan on Jul 26 2010 02:55pm
Jul 26 2010 03:01pm
Quote (siaclan @ Jul 26 2010 04:52pm)
With this 3 on 1 off workout, how often do I do upper body (days 1/3/5/7 ect?) Also, is it bad to go for jogs/runs to get me in better cardio shape or should I save this for off days?

When you refer to "high jumps", do you mean standing in place and jumping as high as I can or actually jumping over the bar?

On a side note, my mom has urged me to stop the use of creatine (pills, don't know if there is a difference). I want to hear from you your thoughts on creatine. I know with everything health related, there are studies both good and bad regarding usage.

A little background, my mom says creatine use can damage to your kidneys. My family has had kidney issues in the past, but in the last 2-3 months, my body feels great and I have not really had any issues. I only take the recommended dosage per day (2 pills of the GNC brand), no more, no less. Your thoughts?

Do upper body on normal days, these workouts are IN ADDITION to your regular routine...do not let the added leg routine get in the way of your normal training. However on day(s) that you'd be doing legs...just take that day off from upper body all together.

Next for High Jumps, yes just jump in place as high as possible.

Creatine when used in proper doses is NOT harmful in any way. Red Meat contains naturally occurring creatine which when consumed in moderate doses only helps muscular development. However for proper creatine use I would recommend getting Optimum Nutrition Micronized Creatine Monohydrate and taking 5g (1 tsp) every day mixed with grape juice (pre workout or post workout on workout days or first thing in the morning on off days). This is the best delivery system and best creatine you can buy for the money. Your kidneys will be fine as long as you dont abuse creatine and take too much. Just make sure to drink plenty of water and eat healthy.

if you are concerned with Kidneys...try NOW! Kidney Support and take it daily for longterm kidney health.
Gold: 20.00
Jul 26 2010 03:05pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jul 26 2010 03:01pm)
Do upper body on normal days, these workouts are IN ADDITION to your regular routine...do not let the added leg routine get in the way of your normal training. However on day(s) that you'd be doing legs...just take that day off from upper body all together.

Next for High Jumps, yes just jump in place as high as possible.

Creatine when used in proper doses is NOT harmful in any way. Red Meat contains naturally occurring creatine which when consumed in moderate doses only helps muscular development. However for proper creatine use I would recommend getting Optimum Nutrition Micronized Creatine Monohydrate and taking 5g (1 tsp) every day mixed with grape juice (pre workout or post workout on workout days or first thing in the morning on off days). This is the best delivery system and best creatine you can buy for the money. Your kidneys will be fine as long as you dont abuse creatine and take too much. Just make sure to drink plenty of water and eat healthy.

if you are concerned with Kidneys...try NOW! Kidney Support and take it daily for longterm kidney health.

Awesome. Thank you very much! She "heard" from a former body builder that it can be very harmful to the body. Everything she heard is about abusing it which I am not doing.

What momma don't know won't hurt! I am almost 21 anyways...why am I bothering what she says haha
Gold: 19,877.54
Jul 26 2010 03:07pm
Any experience with P90x? Would you recommend it?
Jul 26 2010 03:13pm
Quote (siaclan @ Jul 26 2010 05:05pm)
Awesome. Thank you very much! She "heard" from a former body builder that it can be very harmful to the body. Everything she heard is about abusing it which I am not doing.

What momma don't know won't hurt! I am almost 21 anyways...why am I bothering what she says haha

haha indeed. Any bodybuilder who says that creatine is harmful obviously doesn't know anything about it.

anyway, good luck...keep me posted
Jul 26 2010 03:14pm
Quote (Jeffy @ Jul 26 2010 05:07pm)
Any experience with P90x? Would you recommend it?

it's good for aerobic activity for people who don't have access to a gym....other than that, I wouldn't recommend it in substitute for a good routine at the gym
Gold: 19,877.54
Jul 26 2010 03:35pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jul 26 2010 05:14pm)
it's good for aerobic activity for people who don't have access to a gym....other than that, I wouldn't recommend it in substitute for a good routine at the gym

Cool. That would pretty much sum up my situation.

Mind if I PM you for questions in the future?
Gold: 165.10
Jul 26 2010 03:42pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jul 24 2010 05:59am)
before I answer this question I need to know more about you.

Are you a hardgainer? Are you bulking? Cutting? Maintaining?

What are your goals?

Height/Weight also.

I dont gain weight easily, I am trying to bulk, and my long term goal is 225ish. Currently I am 6'5" ~180.

maxs from about a month ago, I haven't been to the gym until today since then though and I didn't try to max on anything.
Squat=5x275
deadlift=6X315
bench=2x225

I've got diet down pretty well and have managed to maintain my strength and weight for the past month that I didn't go to the gym.

This post was edited by Betagold on Jul 26 2010 03:43pm
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev14654664674684692039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll