d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev14294304314324332039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,200.00
May 14 2010 06:58pm
What do you think about supersetting arms?

Also when you superset, does it go like

Bicep Workout
Tri
Rest
Repeat

or
Bicep
Tri
Bi
Tri

no rest at all
Gold: 1,310.23
May 14 2010 07:01pm
hey there my friend, is there a special workout that targets this point of the calve?
mine jst seems to b getting wider and i have absolutly no peak or lip on the back.
would like jump-rope help this or jst keep working it out and eventually my muscle will get big enough it has to peak?

This post was edited by TheOak on May 14 2010 07:02pm
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
May 14 2010 11:15pm
Quote (g4mer @ May 14 2010 08:58pm)
What do you think about supersetting arms?

Also when you superset, does it go like

Bicep Workout
Tri
Rest
Repeat

or
Bicep
Tri
Bi
Tri

no rest at all

supersetting arms is great for building overall size.

when doing it, make sure to do

bis
tris

rest

repeat

but also make sure to do a lot of breakdowns and failures as well...simply doing 5-10 reps of each and resting isn't enough to push your body to its limits...go until failure and force the pump
May 14 2010 11:18pm
Quote (TheOak @ May 14 2010 09:01pm)
hey there my friend, is there a special workout that targets this point of the calve?
mine jst seems to b getting wider and i have absolutly no peak or lip on the back.
would like jump-rope help this or jst keep working it out and eventually my muscle will get big enough it has to peak?

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz183/TheOak_photos/calv.png

hey there. this is a very common concern amongst bodybuilders.

the best way to build the lower most portion of the calves and develop proper "peaks" requires calf raises to be done in a specific way....you first of all must stand on something that is considerably elevated and go ALL the way up until you are almost on the tip of your toes...then all the way back down until you heels are at least 45 degrees lower than your toes. Repeat the calf raises like this, slow and controlled focusing on each rep with the pump accordingly. You need to avoid at all costs bouncing your reps and going heavy just for the sake of going heavy.

also, try donkey calf raises a few times a week and really go down deep and low...in time you will start to feel the lower portion of the calves burning more than the top.
Gold: 17,345.00
May 15 2010 03:19am
I went through a period of just smoking and playing video games.. the whole "taking a break a couple years after highschool" thing
Well sadly it's been 4 years now of doing pretty much nothing lol. I really really got to get rid of this big lump growing out my abdomen :x
What kind of basic routines would you suggest for me at this point,
Say put me at kung fu panda level, I love my sweets.
I need some basic eating tips you would recomend for me, I want to eventually get back to my wrestler physique (doubt if I can anymore)
but I also don't want to starve myself to lose weight like I used to.

Help me plz mr. fitness guru master sir :hail:
May 15 2010 03:31pm
Quote (txO4 @ May 15 2010 05:19am)
I went through a period of just smoking and playing video games.. the whole "taking a break a couple years after highschool" thing
Well sadly it's been 4 years now of doing pretty much nothing lol. I really really got to get rid of this big lump growing out my abdomen :x
What kind of basic routines would you suggest for me at this point,
Say put me at kung fu panda level, I love my sweets.
I need some basic eating tips you would recomend for me, I want to eventually get back to my wrestler physique (doubt if I can anymore)
but I also don't want to starve myself to lose weight like I used to.

Help me plz mr. fitness guru master sir  :hail:

Hey there.

post height weight and if you have a gym/equipment/etc

also post up if you take any supplements/have any allergies/medical conditions.

Gold: 17,345.00
May 15 2010 06:04pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ May 15 2010 04:31pm)
Hey there.

post height weight and if you have a gym/equipment/etc

also post up if you take any supplements/have any allergies/medical conditions.

I'm about 5'8 190lb
don't have my own equipment except a few free weights and a treadmill but plan to get a new membership.
currently not taking supplements, idk which to use or what would be best, i have allergies too :x

This post was edited by txO4 on May 15 2010 06:04pm
Gold: 1,310.23
May 15 2010 09:56pm
hey, my sisters 4 weeks out from a figure contest, shes roughly 5'7" and 118-120lbs....

can u post or pm me a strict diet plan and cardio plan for the next 4 weeks? i kno im asking alot but lmk.
thanks
Gold: 75.00
May 15 2010 10:06pm
Was wondering if you could give me a good routine and/or plan. Please bear with me I don't know alot of the terms and names for things

Currently I work at stocking shelves and such. (working in the backroom) So I have to walk aprox 5 miles a day at work. ( I work 4days a week )
I am pretty addicted to Pasta, I tend to stay away from sweets and when I drink soda it's always diet (sugar free etc)

Things I am able to get to: Pretty much the basics at an apartment gym ( I really don't know the names of them, of course there is a treadmill)
I don't want to... well I want to, but I simply can't spend LOADS of money on supplements and eating 100% healthy (college student) I would however like to get maybe a few cheaper ones? and possibly have the knowledge of what foods to absolutely avoid.

Also beeing a college student I do drink and/or party twice a week or so (rum and everclear are my two weak spots)

I am 5'11 and weigh 215, I have a decent amount of muscle ish from playing sports all through out school

areas I really want to work on are: My stomach mainly but more over just general strength and tone of my body.

lastely please keep in mind I am in the final stages of overcoming a broken patella due to a car wreck in august of last year it's no longer broken but I still have some fluid around it so it has some discomfort at times, so I would like to avoid that area a little

This post was edited by iEmotions on May 15 2010 10:08pm
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 100%
May 16 2010 12:31am
could i get your take on nootropics?

chiefly vinpocetine / DMAE

any opinion regarding supplementing with them?
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev14294304314324332039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll