d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev142434445462039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 35,258.09
Oct 9 2008 11:20am
Injury Question:

When squatting, the front of my hip right on the bone hurts ALOT. Much more towards the bottom of the squat. I have no idea what it is, and it isn't really effecting strength, but its very annoying, I have no idea of the cause, only of the effect. Any ideas?
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Oct 9 2008 12:38pm
Quote (7_Deadly_Sins @ Thu, Oct 9 2008, 02:32am)
it's about 30k per half inch from what I read.

not the case. Each injection (usually taken every other day or very 3rd day) can run about $50-$100 per week. Insurance also covers a portion or all of the cost if you are a male under a certain height (depends on your insurance).
Oct 9 2008 12:42pm
Quote (PeonLover @ Thu, Oct 9 2008, 01:20pm)
Injury Question:

When squatting, the front of my hip right on the bone hurts ALOT.  Much more towards the bottom of the squat.  I have no idea what it is, and it isn't really effecting strength, but its very annoying, I have no idea of the cause, only of the effect.  Any ideas?

Hey there -

sounds like you are battling a a musculo-skeletal injury. Before I try to diagnose or analyze this problem of yours - let me reccomend that you see a sports medicine doctor or a chiropractor and have them take xrays and perhaps an ultrasound. There's a possibility that its a minor problem and will go away on its own - however, there is still the chance that it's a serious problem.

What i've learned so far is that when something hurts - especially only during a certain exercise....STOP DOING THE EXERCISE and USE ICE. If it doesn't get better in a few weeks - see a doctor/chiropractor.

Hope this helps
Gold: 16,894.22
Oct 9 2008 03:22pm
1 question biggrin.gif, here we go, how long should i be on creatine for? and when do i stop.
this might sound abit stupid but, i dont really feel like going on the 'Loading phase' as i heard taking a maintainence dosege for a month you
can achieve the same results. this just feels abit more safe to me.
Gold: 4,451.51
Oct 9 2008 04:19pm
One more thing that's been bugging me, and I've heard so many things for every different side, and don't know what's true. Just wondering on your knowledge of what causes....acne.

I get a few of 'em once in a while, and it bugs the hell out of me. I entirely cut soda out of my diet, as in I never drink it (used to drink a soda maybe 1-2 times a month, if that). I shower after workouts, and when I go to bed (hell, I even take one to wake up). From my experience, it's fried food, and sugar that cause it, although I've heard diet doesn't effect it, along with general hygiene.

Not sure if you answered that question already, I read through most if not all of the pages.

thanks
Oct 9 2008 09:08pm
Quote (CrimsonOdin @ Thu, Oct 9 2008, 05:22pm)
1 question biggrin.gif, here we go, how long should i be on creatine for? and when do i stop.
this might sound abit stupid but, i dont really feel like going on the 'Loading phase' as i heard taking a maintainence dosege for a month you
can achieve the same results. this just feels abit more safe to me.

Hey there -

creatine is not unsafe in the least.

if you choose to do monohydrate - you will do the loading phase and then stick to 5-10g creatine per day split up into 2 doses...morning and post workout. Stay on it forever if you'd like...but it's good to cycle off of it for about 2 weeks a year.
Oct 9 2008 09:11pm
Quote (impulsepainter @ Thu, Oct 9 2008, 06:19pm)
One more thing that's been bugging me, and I've heard so many things for every different side, and don't know what's true. Just wondering on your knowledge of what causes....acne.

I get a few of 'em once in a while, and it bugs the hell out of me. I entirely cut soda out of my diet, as in I never drink it (used to drink a soda maybe 1-2 times a month, if that). I shower after workouts, and when I go to bed (hell, I even take one to wake up). From my experience, it's fried food, and sugar that cause it, although I've heard diet doesn't effect it, along with general hygiene.

Not sure if you answered that question already, I read through most if not all of the pages.

thanks

hey there -

the most logical cause of the acne is a dietary imbalance. However, there is a possibility that you have too much testosterone or oil buildup which is causing the issue as well. Either way it is easy to fix. Here is what you need to do.

Invest in an exfoiliating face wash. Wash your face 2-3 times a day thoroughly. Avoid touching your face with dirty hands.

Second solution (dietary)

you might be sensitive to certain foods. Try to eliminate greasy foods or foods that contain a lot of oils. Also try to limit sugar even lower than what it is now. This will help determine if there is a direct dietary problem associated with your acne.

try these two things and let me know if you see any progress. Usually takes about 2 weeks.
Gold: 16,894.22
Oct 10 2008 01:49am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Fri, Oct 10 2008, 03:08am)
Hey there -

creatine is not unsafe in the least.

if you choose to do monohydrate - you will do the loading phase and then stick to 5-10g creatine per day split up into 2 doses...morning and post workout. Stay on it forever if you'd like...but it's good to cycle off of it for about 2 weeks a year.

im about 155 in pounds, 5,8 height,
when loading , how many grams should i take or does body weight not play apart?
lets say i take 20g, do i take 10g per serving and take it twice a day or split them into 4 servings, taking it 4x a day.

thanks.

This post was edited by CrimsonOdin on Oct 10 2008 01:59am
Oct 10 2008 11:15am
Quote (CrimsonOdin @ Fri, Oct 10 2008, 03:49am)
im about 155 in pounds, 5,8 height,
when loading , how many grams should i take or does body weight not play apart?
lets say i take 20g, do i take 10g per serving and take it twice a day or split them into 4 servings, taking it 4x a day.

thanks.

Hey there -

great question.

You will split it into 4 servings at 5g each. (20g is a good loading dose)

So do it like this::

Morning, 5g with grape juice.

pre workout, 5g with grape juice

post workout, 5g with grape juice

before bed, 5g with grape juice

do that for 1 week straight, then you are loaded and ready to go.

Gold: 0.00
Oct 10 2008 11:11pm
hey, i went to the doctor when i was sick, and i asked him what he thought about creatine, and he said it was bad and i shouldnt take it...

what are the bad things about creatine?
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev142434445462039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll