d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev139404142432039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,955.00
Oct 2 2008 06:54am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Thu, Oct 2 2008, 12:55am)
There are literally hundreds of institutions that can give you a personal training certification. I myself have certifications from AFPA and ISSA. It really doesn't matter as long as you have an accredited certification. ncsf is fine - however major classes for this sort of thing are generally not necessary - unless you do not already have the existing knowledge of a trainer/nutritionist. If you need to know more, the classes are VERY important.

Yeah I mean I know some stuff of the body ( taking BIO Body Structure & Function atm ) and what some of the nutrition stuff is but I've never really trained someone and I've never been taught or learned anything on nutrition except the little stuff during lifting.

I have these twins in my First Aid class now that have been coming to me to train them but I don't know exactly what I should do for them. They want to both lose 10 lbs before Halloween and I'm guessing it's so they look fine as hell in their costumes. tongue.gif

Can you give me any advice on training them? Like how often they should train, what lifts/reps I should have them do, what diet I should put them on, what cardio and such? They both said they want to lose fat on their arms/legs/stomach ( which is what most girls want I believe tongue.gif ) They are not fat girls at all, they are fine ass twins but I guess they don't look good to themselves. Lol

Thanks for all the help man. smile.gif
Gold: 4,451.51
Oct 2 2008 10:00am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Wed, 1 Oct 2008, 23:41)
Hey there - Well I would definitely recommend CytoSport CYTOGAINER ...that weight gainer is incredible. It has helped tons of my clients and friends - always working the way it should. Tastes amazing also. You need to eat those 3 big meals per day as well as two more cytogainer interspersed accordingly (before and after a workout is best).

Although your diet does need work....try to only eat the hamburgers once a day...stick to chicken at the other meal. Its better to get a blend of proteins than all from primarily one source. Plus chicken is a very clean protein.

Alright, I'll get chicken patty burgers instead, and I'll look into cytogainer. Thanks for your help numerous times!
Gold: 0.00
Oct 2 2008 10:41am
What is your opinion about food proportion for a hardgainer

in terms of

carbs/proteins/fat

Thank you smile.gif
Gold: 4,451.51
Oct 2 2008 10:56am
edit nvm, you asked here to ask him, i'll let him answer, nvm >.<

This post was edited by impulsepainter on Oct 2 2008 10:57am
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Oct 2 2008 11:27am
Quote (cseitz71690 @ Thu, Oct 2 2008, 08:54am)
Yeah I mean I know some stuff of the body ( taking BIO Body Structure & Function atm ) and what some of the nutrition stuff is but I've never really trained someone and I've never been taught or learned anything on nutrition except the little stuff during lifting.

I have these twins in my First Aid class now that have been coming to me to train them but I don't know exactly what I should do for them. They want to both lose 10 lbs before Halloween and I'm guessing it's so they look fine as hell in their costumes. tongue.gif

Can you give me any advice on training them? Like how often they should train, what lifts/reps I should have them do, what diet I should put them on, what cardio and such? They both said they want to lose fat on their arms/legs/stomach ( which is what most girls want I believe tongue.gif ) They are not fat girls at all, they are fine ass twins but I guess they don't look good to themselves. Lol

Thanks for all the help man. smile.gif

The main key is for them to get very active and eat small balanced meals every 2-3 hours and eliminate the sugars. Get them exercising at least 1-2 hours a day (preferably staggered for two or thee shorter workouts).
Oct 2 2008 11:27am
Quote (Urbain @ Thu, Oct 2 2008, 12:41pm)
What is your opinion about food proportion for a hardgainer

in terms of

carbs/proteins/fat

Thank you smile.gif

The best method to use is the following:

2g / lb protein
2g / lb carbs
.5g / lb fats

if still not gaining, incorporate cytogainer into your diet 2x a day.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 30%
Oct 5 2008 10:53pm
Whats a good way to build up from a 140 pound 5'9 Sophmore, to be a active around 180-200 pound Strong Safety build.

I want a big enough build, what eating styles shall I use and such and what workouts should I be focusing on at the weight room.
Oct 6 2008 01:13am
Here is an anonymous e-mail that will help all of you - I answered the person directly...but his question will definitely help a lot of you - please check it out:

[from anonymous]

Hello there!

I've been reading some in your topic about the training and stuffs,

so what i wanna do is start training and lose some weight,
but my problem is that i dont eat vegatables and fruits and shit..

do i even got a chance to lose weight and build muscles without all those vitamins and stuffs ?

hmm, would be glad if you answered me smile.gif

best regards

[anonymous]

Hey there - vegetables and fruits (although rich in vitamins and nutrients) don't really have much with growing muscularly.

Muscles are built with three primary things -

Protein (which is made up of peptide bonds called amino acids which are the building blocks of muscle) - get at least 1gram of protein per pound of bodyweight.

Carbohydrates/Sugars (Carbs convert to sugar which raises your insulin levels etiher a little or a lot depending on the type of carb you eat. Simple carbs like white bread, white rice, sugar, etc give more insulin whereas complex carbs like vegetables and whole grains barely raise any insuling at all. After a workout, eating simple carbs or simple sugars will spike insulin -> result in increased protein synthesis -> and stimulate an anabolic reaction in the body. Insulin is actually the most anabolic of all the hormones produced in the body.) - You want to take in about 20-30 g simple carbs/sugar after a workout. You also want to eat complex carbohydrates throughout the day to sustain energy level and maintain anabolism. Eat at least 1.5g carbs per pound of bodyweight.

Fat/Cholesterol (Fats that contain high levels of cholesterol but relatively low levels of saturated fat will not only help you burn fat, increase metabolism, and improve anabolic response - but cholesterol actually acts just like a steroid in the body. I'm not saying to go hog wild here, but anywhere between 60-100g of good fats from sources like fish, olive oil, nuts, dairy, and avocados as well as between 500-1000mg of cholesterol per day which can be found richly in sources like dairy, red meat, and eggs.

Now once you have these 3 things in order - make sure you're getting enough calories. To give you an idea....an average 18 yr old man with a medium build at 6'0 200 lbs would require at LEAST 2,500 calories each day just to sustain metabolism with mild activity. Add 500 calories for High Level of activity (2 hours of exercise per day). Figure 100 calories less or more for each 10 lbs of bodyweight. In addition consider the bodytype. Hardgainers (people who are very skinny and can't gain weight) need to take in about 500-1,000 calories more than they burn each day. The opposite, typically known as Endomorphic - gains fat easily. For this bodytype, reduce 300-500 calories per day than what is required + burned.

Eat clean, don't pig out on fast foods and low quality crap. Eat good wholesome foods, and keep your sodium levels intact - no more than 2.5-3K mg per day. Avoid soda and dessert items unless its right after a workout.

Exercise is next - you are going to want to get at least 1-2 hours of strength training each day. For Endomorphs or people looking to go on a cutting cycle, do an addition 30-60 mins of cardio each day for a total of 1.5 - 3 hours total workout each day. These workouts can be split into two smaller workouts - one cardio and one strength training. Or two Stregnth training if you are a hardgainer or on a bulking cycle. Try to workout at least 5 days a week. However, do not work out more than 5 days on without at least 2 days off. To combat this, you can either do 2 days on 1 day off, or 5 days on 2 days off.

Lastly is supplementation. Whey Protein shakes are perfect before and after a workout for direct protein synthesis to the muscle groups. Also a casein protein shake before bed helps build and sustain muscle while you sleep as well as maintaining a healthy metabolism.

Multivitamins are essential for everyone regardless of goal - it helps to supply your body with the essential vitamins that we don't get from eating regular food.

Other supplements are great to look into, but not necessary for you at this moment. Here is a list of some supps that you can research if you are ever interested:

Creatine (try not to use until you have worked out for at least a year so you can judge if it works for you or not - creatine seems to work for about 60-70% of people who try it...but the only way to surely know is after at least a solid year of experience)

ZMA

HMB

Omega 3-6-9

Chromium Piccolinate

Enzymes

Glucosamine + Condroiton + MSM

L-Glutamine

Forskholii

Jet-fuel/Lipo-6/Atrophex

Munuca Purlens

GABBA

Ok hope this helps!!
Oct 6 2008 01:18am
Quote (NCA @ Mon, Oct 6 2008, 12:53am)
Whats a good way to build up from a 140 pound 5'9 Sophmore, to be a active around 180-200 pound Strong Safety build.

I want a big enough build, what eating styles shall I use and such and what workouts should I be focusing on at the weight room.

This is actually a very easy plan for you.

You need to bulk. Massive Bulking.

eat 2g protein and 2g carbs per pound of bodyweight each day. Eat like a horse. Drink tons of water. Take creatine monohydrate before and after workouts. Get a good weight gainer like Cytosport Cytogainer - take 1 shake before workouts and 1 shake after....also u can have another one in the morning if you feel like it.

As far as exercise goes - you need to hit the weights in and one of the standard football training splits -

example::

mon - chest/back/abs
tues - shoulders/traps/calves
wednesday - quads/hammys/abs
thursday - bis/tris/forearms
friday - Football training and/or game (shuttle runs, weave running, throwing/catching etc)
Saturday - TOTAL REST
Sunday - TOTAL REST

You want to stick to primary exercises for each of these muscle groups -

some examples are

Bench press, incline press, deadlift, lat pulldowns, roman chair crunches, situps, dumbbell shoulder presses, military presses, dumbbell and barbell shrugs, calf raises, squats, leg extensions, leg curls, ez-bar curls, dumbells curls, tricep pulldowns, tricep kickbacks, dips, and maybe some lunges and farmer walks.

Thats about it!

Hope this helps!
Gold: 0.00
Oct 6 2008 01:26am
I started to learn breakdancing from friends like 3 month ago.
I've been working hard. Lost around 20 pounds.

I'm 5'11 180 pounds and i'm 16
I want to lose some fats in my Legs, Chest, and arms.

Can i get a simple diet for monthly bases?
And, what kind of home work out can i do?

i.e. numbers of push-ups
kinds of push-ups because i heard a lot of different push-ups work better or faster

I live in LA, Ktown. So, not safe for me to jog outside because i know lots of people who hate on me.
( Cuz i'm Korean and hangout with bangers . I know its stupid)

I don't really want huge muscles like some of you "Horses / Bears"
Just enough muscles to lift my self up with 1 hand ( i can already, but not that long)
When your standing on ur Arm, does it use your biceps or tri? both maybe?

Thank you for your helps.

- Dan

Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev139404142432039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll