d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev13983994004014022039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.00
Apr 22 2010 02:40am
Hi,
what supps should i take to help with muscle growth/recovery or just for builing muscle in general?

other then
creatine,multivitamins,protein powder.

could you give me a list?

This post was edited by drdemon on Apr 22 2010 02:40am
Gold: 115,229.43
Apr 22 2010 10:32am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Apr 22 2010 04:21am)
Hey there.

First of all, as far as pre-bedtime protein goes, stick to cottage cheese or you could go for Casein Protein Shakes from Optimum Nutrition or NOW!

secondly, as far as that type of equipment goes, for a proper workout it would be in your best interest to get a gym membership. If such a thing is out of the question, that machine + bodyweight exercises (pushups, pullups, squats, etc) will definitely help.

Lastly...as far as reps/weight goes...the best bet is to try pyramiding.

that means start low weight and high reps and work your way up to heavier weight and lower reps...5 sets per exercise is sufficient.

Okay great! Yeah I had my first shake this morning...I actually kind of enjoyed the taste. I don't know if its just my psyche, but I feel full, throughout my body, after that first meal I ate.

Pyramiding, got it.

I actually do have a gym membership, family plan--to a rather nice facility, with a varitiy of different weights. When I go casually, I run and then use the machine weights.
You probably want me doing free weights?

Do we want to make a specific 6 day program of how I can target each muscle group, or should I just use the machines?

Thanks.
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Apr 22 2010 12:13pm
Quote (drdemon @ Apr 22 2010 04:40am)
Hi,
what supps should i take to help with muscle growth/recovery or just for builing muscle in general?

other then
creatine,multivitamins,protein powder.

could you give me a list?

Arginine + Ornithine (take this at least before/after workouts and before bed) good to take throughout the day however.

BCAA's (take this before/during/after workout for great recovery)

L-Glutamine (add 5g in every protein shake for good muscular recovery and synthesis)

Vitamin C (anabolic precursor and also immuno-booster - take 4-5g a day)

NOW! brand is my favorite for all of these except bcaa's which are Optimum brand
Apr 22 2010 12:15pm
Quote (illsonmedia @ Apr 22 2010 12:32pm)
Okay great!  Yeah I had my first shake this morning...I actually kind of enjoyed the taste.  I don't know if its just my psyche, but I feel full, throughout my body, after that first meal I ate. 

Pyramiding, got it.

I actually do have a gym membership, family plan--to a rather nice facility, with a varitiy of different weights.  When I go casually, I run and then use the machine weights. 
You probably want me doing free weights?

Do we want to make a specific 6 day program of how I can target each muscle group, or should I just use the machines?

Thanks.

Please go back about 10 pages in the thread and start reading. You will find a nice workout plan I posted for 2 muscle groups a day, 6 days a week. This is a great cutting plan, but I can't for the life of me remember which page its on. Just skim the last 10-12 pages and you will find it!
Gold: 60.00
Apr 23 2010 06:29am
I like cheese, its pretty good. I'm about to pick up one of the diet plans you just listed, and it says for the last meal to eat a cup of cottage cheese. How much would be a cup? Finish the whole container it comes in? Or just like a few scoops out of the small container.

I never had cottage cheese, but is it any good? Doesn't look very appetizing on google images, but was wondering is it one of those foods where you down just for the better good, or its actually pretty delectable.
Apr 23 2010 07:28am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Apr 22 2010 02:15pm)
Please go back about 10 pages in the thread and start reading. You will find a nice workout plan I posted for 2 muscle groups a day, 6 days a week. This is a great cutting plan, but I can't for the life of me remember which page its on. Just skim the last 10-12 pages and you will find it!

Raynor, I was able to dig this up:

Quote (SKCRaynor)
workout plan:
DO 30 mins of cardio at the end of every workout - also try to do 15-30 mins of cardio every morning on an empty stomach before eating breakfast

(5 sets of each, pyramiding up from low to high weight ending at approx 6 reps, starting at about 12 reps)
mon - chest/abs - flat bench, incline bench, DB flies, cable crossovers, v-crunches, hanging leg raises, and decline situps (or roman chair)
tues - back/calves - straight leg deadlifts, lat pulldowns, bent over BB rows, DB lawnmower rows, standing calf raises, bent over donkey calf raises, one-leg calf raises.
weds - shoulders/traps - military press, arnold presses, lat raises, front raises, db shrubs, bb shrugs, front cable pulldowns (dickersons)
thurs - legs/abs - squats, lunges, leg press, leg extensions, laying leg curls, standing calf raises, v-crunches, hanging leg raises, and decline situps (or roman chair)
fri - bis/tris/calves - standing olympic bar curls, alternating DB curls, seated hammer curls, tricep kickbacks, cable pulldowns, skullcrushers, donkey calf raises, one-leg calf raises
sat - cardio only - do at least 60 mins of cardio (any style at moderate intensity)
sun - off

Is that what you were talking about?
This seems like a pretty self explanatory layout. I'll have to google images 99% of these and then memorize them, but that shouldn't be a problem.
I started the meal plan yesterday, yummy.
Today will be my first day exercising. I see for this gentleman's exercise plan, you have him doing 15-30 mins of cardio at the end of the workout. Just reminder, you wanted me to do 45. So how does that tie into my workout cardio for Saturday. How many minutes of cardio do you want me doing on Saturday?

Thanks

PS I took pictures before the plan, and I'm going to take pictures again in four weeks. I'm taking this plan seriously and if there is a noticable difference, I'll post the pics of the four week change :)
Apr 23 2010 08:08am
It won't let me edit that post anymore so I'll have to make a new one. I looked up each of the Friday routines and I made notes on each of them. The only one I had questions about was the "Cable Pulldowns". Since this is bis/tris/calves, I'm assuming I'll be using an overhand grip? Although i could see that targeting the back (by pinching the shoulder blades)??

TY

Edit: the only thing I tned to have difficulty preparing for my day (both today and yesterday) is the chicken.
I can't bring it with me. I suppose I could heat it up here at work. It seems like more of a burden than carrying a bag of mixed nuts or a protein shake.
Also, I have to go to the store and buy a ton of chicken. Thaw em out the night before.

Do you have a good solution to my chicken dilema?

This post was edited by illsonmedia on Apr 23 2010 08:33am
Apr 23 2010 12:00pm
Quote (PotLimit @ Apr 23 2010 08:29am)
I like cheese, its pretty good. I'm about to pick up one of the diet plans you just listed, and it says for the last meal to eat a cup of cottage cheese. How much would be a cup? Finish the whole container it comes in? Or just like a few scoops out of the small container.

I never had cottage cheese, but is it any good? Doesn't look very appetizing on google images, but was wondering is it one of those foods where you down just for the better good, or its actually pretty delectable.

lol is this a serious question?

How much is a cup? really?

It's a specific unit of measurement....1 cup is 250 grams of cottage cheese....

buy yourself a measuring cup please.
Apr 23 2010 12:01pm
Quote (illsonmedia @ Apr 23 2010 09:28am)
Raynor, I was able to dig this up:

Is that what you were talking about?
This seems like a pretty self explanatory layout.  I'll have to google images 99% of these and then memorize them, but that shouldn't be a problem.
I started the meal plan yesterday, yummy.
Today will be my first day exercising.  I see for this gentleman's exercise plan, you have him doing 15-30 mins of cardio at the end of the workout.  Just reminder, you wanted me to do 45.  So how does that tie into my workout cardio for Saturday.  How many minutes of cardio do you want me doing on Saturday?

Thanks

PS I took pictures before the plan, and I'm going to take pictures again in four weeks.  I'm taking this plan seriously and if there is a noticable difference, I'll post the pics of the four week change :)

Hey there, keep everything the same of this plan except make cardio at the end of each workout 45 mins. The reason for that is because you desire very rapid fat loss and this is how to achieve it.

60 mins on saturday for cardio is fine.
Apr 23 2010 12:04pm
Quote (illsonmedia @ Apr 23 2010 10:08am)
It won't let me edit that post anymore so I'll have to make a new one. I looked up each of the Friday routines and I made notes on each of them. The only one I had questions about was the "Cable Pulldowns". Since this is bis/tris/calves, I'm assuming I'll be using an overhand grip? Although i could see that targeting the back (by pinching the shoulder blades)??

TY

Edit: the only thing I tned to have difficulty preparing for my day (both today and yesterday) is the chicken.
I can't bring it with me.  I suppose I could heat it up here at work.  It seems like more of a burden than carrying a bag of mixed nuts or a protein shake.
Also, I have to go to the store and buy a ton of chicken.  Thaw em out the night before.

Do you have a good solution to my chicken dilema?

heres a video i found on youtube that shows pretty good form for tricep pulldowns http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2ILDEmRJmE

as far as the chicken dilemma goes, you can replace it with a can of tuna or 3 large hard boiled eggs and a cheese stick
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev13983994004014022039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll