d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev138394041422039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Sep 30 2008 10:28pm
TIP OF THE DAY -

DRINKING PURE GRAPEFRUIT JUICE CAN HELP BREAKDOWN THE BODY'S FAT STORES.
Gold: 24,919.32
Sep 30 2008 10:37pm
what is the advantage of taking EAS MYOPLEX after working out....
at my gym after a workout you get a free one (well not free but its included in your membership)
just wondering what the effects this does (positive and negative)
Gold: 16,894.22
Oct 1 2008 05:58am
hey there, need some help in gaining weight,
I started 135 pounds bout a year ago, currently 150 pounds, it seems like now i just cnt put on any more weight! im even adding some Junk food in but with no success.
Im eating 5-6 meals a day, and really wanna start cutting but my aim is to reach 165 - 175 b4 i do this.
Im about 5.7 - 5.8 in height.
Gold: 4,451.51
Oct 1 2008 01:41pm
Hi, I'm probably going to be buying a weight gainer shake within the next few days, and I was wondering what you thought. I was looking athttp://www.bodybuilding.com/store/hp/mass.html, but realized it only had about 600 calories per serving, and I'd have half a serving in the morning, then half a serving some time later on. I suppose I should be getting in about 150-200 grams of protein per day, but what about calories? would a high carb one be okay? The rest of this is just background info if it matters:

My current diet is generally like this:

Breakfast:
3-4 pancakes or french toast
7-10 scrambled eggs
2 glasses of silk milk (lactose intolerant -.-, it's a pretty mild case, but still get the gas)

Lunch (I sometimes don't have time for a lunch, and eat it later, but have some oatmeal to make it through):
3 hamburgers with tomatoes and lettuce
Or
Large chef salad, with chicken, nuts, ranch, etc.

Dinner:
3-4 hamburgers with tomatoes and lettuce

Drinks/vitamins/shakes/supps/etc:
NO Xplode
Choc Whey ON
Flax Seed Oil
Cod liver Oil (blech)
Multi vitamin (running out atm).

I do a 3 day split (chest/tri's, back/bi's, legs....forearms and abs every other day), rest, then repeat, no cardio, trying to go for 170 lbs before I lift for strength for a bit, then cut down to 160, or a decent size. Not a very healthy diet, on the college meal plan.

Giving 10 fg for your help in the past.

Thanks for your time
Gold: 1,955.00
Oct 1 2008 08:36pm
Hey man. This weekend I am going to take my classes for becoming a PT.

This is the website I registered on. http://www.ncsf.org/ ( It was posted all over my college for people who were interested in the PT field )

I had to pay about 300 bucks for the classes and books and all that mumbo jumbo. And then after the classes I get to study for a couple months and then I can take the 150 multiple choice exam whenever.

On this website it says that the NCSF certifications is one of the best around or something like that? Just curious about it. I figured this would be the fastest way for me to get it done so I don't have to work at Pet Supplies anymore and I can sit around on here and help some people out. Some guys have been asking me questions but I haven't been able to answer due to the fact I'm not certified in anything and I don't really want to give out false information.

What types of certifications are there and such? Which one do you have? I need to know some PT information before I get started and hopefully you can help me out a bit. smile.gif I have my classes this Saturday and Sunday coming up and they are 8 hours long. ohmy.gif
Gold: 1,218.00
Oct 1 2008 09:41pm
[QUOTE=SKCRaynor,Tue, Sep 30 2008, 04:19am]<DIV class=quote1>Quote (PlanB1212 @ Tue, Sep 30 2008, 12:04am)</DIV>
<DIV class=quote2><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hi there i was just wondering if im trying to get cut what work outs should i be doing also what work outs should i be doing to get stronger and also is it ok to enterchange these work outs like one week i do a cut work out and the next i do a strength work out?[/QUOTE]

Hey there -

technically you can...but it would be reccomended to split into two cycles like the pros do it.

heres how.

8 months out of the year focus on CLEAN BULKING and STRENGTH TRAINING (eating about 500 cal more than you burn and doing 5x5 sets and lower reps higher weight, 1 muscle group per week)

4 months of the year focus on CUTTING and CIRCUIT TRAINING (eating about 500 cal less than you burn and doing failure sets, breakdowns, tons of reps, and long intense workouts with cardio at other points of the day)

So pick one and then the other. It is best to bulk from about September to May - and cut from May to early September.

Hope this helps![/QUOTE]

Wow thanks alot for the pro advice
Oct 1 2008 11:32pm
Quote (pocketwatch @ Wed, Oct 1 2008, 12:37am)
what is the advantage of taking EAS MYOPLEX after working out....
at my gym after a workout you get  a free one (well not free but its included in your membership)
just wondering what the effects this does (positive and negative)

EAS Myoplex is just an overpriced protein powder.

Get yourself something good like Cytosport Muscle Milk, or Optimum Nutrition 100% whey.

anyway, drinking protein shakes after a workout refuels your muscles and prevents atrophe. Getting enough protein is key in developing a good physique. At least 1g per pound of bodyweight per day.

Protein shakes are fast acting (except casein shakes) and easily absorbed...making them a fast, cheap protein.
Oct 1 2008 11:33pm
Quote (CrimsonOdin @ Wed, Oct 1 2008, 07:58am)
hey there, need some help in gaining weight,
I started 135 pounds bout a year ago, currently 150 pounds, it seems like now i just cnt put on any more weight! im even adding some Junk food in but with no success.
Im eating 5-6 meals a day, and really wanna start cutting but my aim is to reach 165 - 175 b4 i do this.
Im about 5.7 - 5.8 in height.

Best option is to get CytoSport CytoGainer. Take 2 shakes a day mixed with milk + ice + fruit. Take them before and after a workout, or whenever you have time to drink them.

Adding that to your current diet will definitely help you bulk up (clean bulk).
Oct 1 2008 11:41pm
Quote (impulsepainter @ Wed, Oct 1 2008, 03:41pm)
Hi, I'm probably going to be buying a weight gainer shake within the next few days, and I was wondering what you thought. I was looking athttp://www.bodybuilding.com/store/hp/mass.html, but realized it only had about 600 calories per serving, and I'd have half a serving in the morning, then half a serving some time later on. I suppose I should be getting in about 150-200 grams of protein per day, but what about calories? would a high carb one be okay? The rest of this is just background info if it matters:

My current diet is generally like this:

Breakfast:
3-4 pancakes or french toast
7-10 scrambled eggs
2 glasses of silk milk (lactose intolerant -.-, it's a pretty mild case, but still get the gas)

Lunch (I sometimes don't have time for a lunch, and eat it later, but have some oatmeal to make it through):
3 hamburgers with tomatoes and lettuce
Or
Large chef salad, with chicken, nuts, ranch, etc.

Dinner:
3-4 hamburgers with tomatoes and lettuce

Drinks/vitamins/shakes/supps/etc:
NO Xplode
Choc Whey ON
Flax Seed Oil
Cod liver Oil (blech)
Multi vitamin (running out atm).

I do a 3 day split (chest/tri's, back/bi's, legs....forearms and abs every other day), rest, then repeat, no cardio, trying to go for 170 lbs before I lift for strength for a bit, then cut down to 160, or a decent size. Not a very healthy diet, on the college meal plan.

Giving 10 fg for your help in the past.

Thanks for your time

Hey there - Well I would definitely recommend CytoSport CYTOGAINER ...that weight gainer is incredible. It has helped tons of my clients and friends - always working the way it should. Tastes amazing also. You need to eat those 3 big meals per day as well as two more cytogainer interspersed accordingly (before and after a workout is best).

Although your diet does need work....try to only eat the hamburgers once a day...stick to chicken at the other meal. Its better to get a blend of proteins than all from primarily one source. Plus chicken is a very clean protein.
Oct 1 2008 11:55pm
Quote (cseitz71690 @ Wed, Oct 1 2008, 10:36pm)
Hey man. This weekend I am going to take my classes for becoming a PT.

This is the website I registered on. http://www.ncsf.org/  ( It was posted all over my college for people who were interested in the PT field )

I had to pay about 300 bucks for the classes and books and all that mumbo jumbo. And then after the classes I get to study for a couple months and then I can take the 150 multiple choice exam whenever.

On this website it says that the NCSF certifications is one of the best around or something like that? Just curious about it. I figured this would be the fastest way for me to get it done so I don't have to work at Pet Supplies anymore and I can sit around on here and help some people out. Some guys have been asking me questions but I haven't been able to answer due to the fact I'm not certified in anything and I don't really want to give out false information.

What types of certifications are there and such? Which one do you have? I need to know some PT information before I get started and hopefully you can help me out a bit. smile.gif I have my classes this Saturday and Sunday coming up and they are 8 hours long. ohmy.gif

There are literally hundreds of institutions that can give you a personal training certification. I myself have certifications from AFPA and ISSA. It really doesn't matter as long as you have an accredited certification. ncsf is fine - however major classes for this sort of thing are generally not necessary - unless you do not already have the existing knowledge of a trainer/nutritionist. If you need to know more, the classes are VERY important.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev138394041422039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll