d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev137383940412039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 16,894.22
Sep 28 2008 02:39pm
yea , cheers for help, but i sorta wanna know is... some people say do no more then 3 Exe per body part, and i've been doing like 5-6 different Exe, would this effact my muscle growth in anyway?
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Sep 28 2008 03:44pm
Quote (CrimsonOdin @ Sun, Sep 28 2008, 04:39pm)
yea , cheers for help, but i sorta wanna know is... some people say do no more then 3 Exe per body part, and i've been doing like 5-6 different Exe, would this effact my muscle growth in anyway?

Nope - you can do as many exercises as your body feels necessary. Some people respond better to isolated exercises and doing 8-10 sets of 2-3 exercises....whereas others find it better to do 3-4 sets of 5-6 exercises.

Go with what your body responds to best
Gold: 16,894.22
Sep 29 2008 12:44am
Thanks m8, appreciate this.
Gold: 340.00
Sep 29 2008 08:51am
If I just want to gain weight and I don't care where, what would be a good way to do this
I mean eventually I want all this weight to be converted to muscle
but before I can get there I would need to at least have something to convert to muscle..
for the past 4 weeks I've been eating crazy large amounts of carbs like bread, rice, potatoes and oatmeal, as well as trying to get at least 200grams of protein
but that hasn't done anything so far except make me feel stuffed all the time haha

I'm 19, 165lbs 5'10'' but have no clue how since most of my 150lbs friends look the same as me
last year I went to the gym 4 times a week for 8 months and only gained like 7 pounds, which is probably what I would have gained anyways from growing sad.gif
then I stopped for the summer since I was working
now school's back in and I have time to exercise and am able to follow a better nutritional plan
one special thing to consider is that I can't do dairy, but I might still be able to do whey
Sep 29 2008 11:07am
Quote (jbpellerin @ Mon, Sep 29 2008, 10:51am)
If I just want to gain weight and I don't care where, what would be a good way to do this
I mean eventually I want all this weight to be converted to muscle
but before I can get there I would need to at least have something to convert to muscle..
for the past 4 weeks I've been eating crazy large amounts of carbs like bread, rice, potatoes and oatmeal, as well as trying to get at least 200grams of protein
but that hasn't done anything so far except make me feel stuffed all the time haha

I'm 19, 165lbs 5'10'' but have no clue how since most of my 150lbs friends look the same as me
last year I went to the gym 4 times a week for 8 months and only gained like 7 pounds, which is probably what I would have gained anyways from growing sad.gif
then I stopped for the summer since I was working
now school's back in and I have time to exercise and am able to follow a better nutritional plan
one special thing to consider is that I can't do dairy, but I might still be able to do whey

Hey there - you are a hard gainer.

There are two ways of doing this - The Recommended way which works a bit slower, but is healthier and prevents you from gaining too much fat - or the BAD way which will make you slow down ur metabo and gain fat.

Recommended way - eat as much as you can (like you're doing) but add 2-3 cytosport cytogainer shakes every day. These can be bought at www.bodybuilding.com

Drinking cytogainer throughout the day in addition to eating a lot will force your body to kick into anabolic mode and start building rather than breaking down.

The BAD way is to just eat 2-3 gigantic meals a day and forcively slow your metabolism down. I do NOT recommend this method as it has permanent side effects.

Stick to the original method, eat every 3 hours, and also drink those cytogainer shakes!!! (2-3 a day)

This will dramatically help you.

Sep 29 2008 02:25pm
I AM POSTING THIS TO HELP MANY OF YOU OUT WITH A SIMILAR QUERY -

Question: What is a good overall dietary plan for muscle growth, fat loss, and maintenance.

Answer:

essentially all you need to do is make sure that you are eating at least 1gram of protein per POUND of bodyweight...and 1gram of complex carbs per POUND of bodyweight. Also take in plenty of good fats (these are from nuts, eggs, fish, olive oil, avocados, etc)

You can literally eat anything you want as long as it falls under the following category -

no more than 500 calories per meal
no more than 45g protein, 45g carbs, and 15g fat per meal
no more than 2,000mg sodium per day
no sugar at night
no carbs 2-3 hours before bedtime
NO FAST FOOD
NO FRIED FOODS
NO CANNED/FROZEN FOODS
NO SODAS
Try to eat lean meats at every meal (chicken/turkey/beef/tuna/fish/eggs/cheese/protein shake)
eat complex carbs only (anything whole grain, brown rice, oatmeal, beans, etc)
Make sure to eat plenty of fruits and vegetables (preferably raw)

Try to eat every 2-3 hours like clockwork, and split the meals in half of what they are mentioned above. roughly 20-30g protein maybe 15-20g carbs and 5-8g fats per small meal.
Drink ice water throughout the day to stimulate metabolism
Exercise at least 1 hour a day 4 days a week to maintain level of mitochondria which aid in cell health, muscle growth, fat loss, and overall well being.

Gold: 1,218.00
Sep 29 2008 10:04pm
Hi there i was just wondering if im trying to get cut what work outs should i be doing also what work outs should i be doing to get stronger and also is it ok to enterchange these work outs like one week i do a cut work out and the next i do a strength work out?
Sep 29 2008 10:19pm
Quote (PlanB1212 @ Tue, Sep 30 2008, 12:04am)
Hi there i was just wondering if im trying to get cut what work outs should i be doing also what work outs should i be doing to get stronger and also is it ok to enterchange these work outs like one week i do a cut work out and the next i do a strength work out?

Hey there -

technically you can...but it would be reccomended to split into two cycles like the pros do it.

heres how.

8 months out of the year focus on CLEAN BULKING and STRENGTH TRAINING (eating about 500 cal more than you burn and doing 5x5 sets and lower reps higher weight, 1 muscle group per week)

4 months of the year focus on CUTTING and CIRCUIT TRAINING (eating about 500 cal less than you burn and doing failure sets, breakdowns, tons of reps, and long intense workouts with cardio at other points of the day)

So pick one and then the other. It is best to bulk from about September to May - and cut from May to early September.

Hope this helps!
Gold: 180.37
Sep 30 2008 05:56pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Mon, Sep 29 2008, 10:19pm)
Hey there -

technically you can...but it would be reccomended to split into two cycles like the pros do it.

heres how.

8 months out of the year focus on CLEAN BULKING and STRENGTH TRAINING (eating about 500 cal more than you burn and doing 5x5 sets and lower reps higher weight, 1 muscle group per week)

4 months of the year focus on CUTTING and CIRCUIT TRAINING (eating about 500 cal less than you burn and doing failure sets, breakdowns, tons of reps, and long intense workouts with cardio at other points of the day)

So pick one and then the other. It is best to bulk from about September to May - and cut from May to early September.

Hope this helps!

from what i understand bodybuilders want higher rep 8-15 to build muscles... my question is if im doing a 5x5 program what would be increased? size of muscles or just strength in general? and why is doing say 10 reps all the time bad? didnt arnold do it? ill also add from what arnold said, do strength every so often jsut to do strength...

This post was edited by ZooLogisT on Sep 30 2008 06:00pm
Sep 30 2008 10:27pm
Quote (ZooLogisT @ Tue, Sep 30 2008, 07:56pm)
from what i understand bodybuilders want higher rep 8-15 to build muscles... my question is if im doing a 5x5 program what would be increased? size of muscles or just strength in general? and why is doing say 10 reps all the time bad? didnt arnold do it? ill also add from what arnold said, do strength every so often jsut to do strength...

Hello -

higher reps for bodybuilders is a myth -

the truth about bodybuilding is in order to build as much muscle as possible you need to do as MANY reps as you can handle. However, it is best to use higher weight and do as many reps as you can take, than lighter weight for even more reps.

Example:

Say your one rep max for bench press is 225 lbs. That would mean that you could do 155lbs for about 8-10 reps. You would as a bodybuilder do 155 lbs until failure (say 10 reps) then take a break, and hit it a few more times (forced reps). Then you would do 165 for the same process, 175, 185, and finally back down to 155 until complete failure. This is how a bodybuilder routine looks like.

Arnold did not do "10 reps" lol. Arnold trained twice a day 6 days a week and took copious amounts of steroids under a doctors supervision. Arnold did training depending on how he felt. Some days he would do very low reps with very high weight...other days he would reduce the weight and do failure sets as described above. However, no matter what, Arnold did every set as bodybuilders do - until he couldn't do another single rep.

The key is to stop counting reps. Just do as many until failure. You will do these failure type workouts for 3 weeks out of every month. The other week should be spent strength training with a 5x5 or 6x6 routine.

Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev137383940412039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll