d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev135363738392039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Sep 24 2008 12:25am
Quote (DemoniczF @ Tue, Sep 23 2008, 09:54pm)
Just a question smile.gif

hoping you can plan something out for me as i would greatly apprecaite it

i was wondering if you could give me some adivce to cut my weight back like 20-30 or even 40lb's lol

Im 5 ft 8 and 1/2

i weigh about 210 right now

fairly out of shape Due to sitting around from being kicked out of school

im not looking to do anything to extreme that would result in intense fatige

Mabey some exercise  Tips

Eating Tips While still maintaining a Healthy Daily Intake

smile.gif i hope to here form you soon Thanks

Demonic

Im not looking to bulk up or nothing + i dont want any Supliments to enter my body if that is possible

Hey there....well if you scroll back through the pages of this thread...you will find MORE than enough information to help you.

However I will give you the basics anyway -

First order of business: DIET

Eat every 2-3 hours.
Reduce carb intake (no more than 120g / day)
NO MORE SUGAR
Drink Ice Water and Cold Diet Soda only...no sugary drinks (cold = more metabo)
Make sure to eat clean foods - no fast food, sweets, or fried foods. Stick to lean protein, good fats, veggies, and complex carbs.
Drink iced tea to supplement caffeine in your diet.
DO NOT EAT ANY CARBS 4 HOURS PRIOR TO BEDTIME!!! ONLY PROTEIN/GOOD FAT.

Secondly: Exercise

For every day....try to do at least 10-15 mins of something physical every 1-2 hours. In addition, try to do at least 1 hour of solid exercise each day.

Example::

If you wake up at 9am and go to bed at 11pm, if you did 15 mins of exercise every 2 hours and did an extra 1 hour straight block of exercises - you'd have a total of 2 3/4 hours of exercise in one day! It's very easy to do it this way because 10-15 mins of exercise every 1-2 hours is very easy to achieve.

Exercises::

If you don't have a gym or equipment at home, you'll have to stick to basics:

Pushups, pullups, lunges, squats, situps, crunches, leg raises, calf raises, and cardio like jogging + biking + swimming (or even jumping jacks).

If you do everything mentioned you can lose about 15-20 lbs a month.

Sep 24 2008 12:30am
Quote (TickleMeElmo @ Wed, Sep 24 2008, 12:46am)
Hello, I sent you a pm once and you responded and helped, but I need a bit more if possible.

I was planning to start going to the 'wellness center' in my area about a month ago but my friend who I was to go with, fell through.  But now I am about to get my membership back on monday.  I was gonna see if you could help me with a routine, they don't have a deadlift where I will be going, and I don't know about squat either, maybe.  I'm 6'1 and weigh 179 pounds atm, trying to get in a bit better shape because I'm gonna start going to train in an mma gym near where I live, but don't wanna go completely out of shape.
But any help with a routine or diet advice I would appreciate a whole lot.
:]  Thank-you.

Hey there -

ok well if you want a very basic plan for a wellness center where there is a lack of freeweights and mostly machines....stick to the following ideas -

1. focus on Split Muscle groups in the following fashion:

Chest/Triceps
Back/Biceps
Shoulders/Traps
Legs/forearms
REST
Cardio, abs, and any muscle group that is lacking overall.
REST
Repeat

(do abs every other day regardless of being at the gym or not)

2. Do any and all exercises that WORK for your body. I am not at your wellness center - so I do not know specifically what equipment and machines they have. However, anything is a good choice as long as you feel a sustained pump, good muscle contraction, and have the ability to isolate the muscles in question that I mentioned above.

You want to try to strive for moderately heavy weight for 8-12 reps for the first 2-3 sets of any given exercise. Then for the last 1-2 sets of an exercise, try for sustained failure sets...which means working at moderately heavy weight until your muscles fail...wait a second...hit a couple more reps...then fail completely.

As far as AB training goes...use INSTINCT training as Arnold did.

This is basically a 20 minute block dedicated to abs in which you allow your body's instinct to pick which exercises to do (based obviously on what works best for you particularly). Limit your rest in between sets, and try to hit your abs at multiple angles.

refer here for a guide of exercises which might help you.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.htm

good luck!
Gold: 951.89
Sep 24 2008 03:44am
Well, ty for the reply. tongue.gif
And about the cardio, would it be fine to do cardio everyday that I workout? Because I would like to increase my cardio quite a bit. I will look into the link and try to find exercises related to certain muscle groups, I really don't know much about any exercises other than main ones such as, bench, squat, ect. ect.

But thanks again! :]
Sep 24 2008 11:09am
Quote (TickleMeElmo @ Wed, Sep 24 2008, 05:44am)
Well, ty for the reply. tongue.gif
And about the cardio, would it be fine to do cardio everyday that I workout?  Because I would like to increase my cardio quite a bit.  I will look into the link and try to find exercises related to certain muscle groups, I really don't know much about any exercises other than main ones such as, bench, squat, ect. ect.

But thanks again! :]

yes you can do cardio every day...just make sure you don't do too much because then you can fatigue yourself and see negative results. Do only as much cardio as your body feels is enough. If you overdo it, you stand to lose muscle.
Gold: 0.01
Warn: 10%
Sep 24 2008 06:03pm
Do you reccomend a balanced diet for cutting or a "gimmick" one like keto?
Gold: 4,071.02
Sep 24 2008 06:07pm
how do i cut?
im 6' 3", around 230 pounds.
while im cuttin should i stop doin weights? or reduce? or keep the same?
wut kind of diet should i go for, i eat out a lot, but ill try to keep it good..
and should i do cardio everyday? 20-30 min of joggin or w/e a day is good enuf?
Sep 24 2008 09:50pm
Quote (kilika829 @ Wed, Sep 24 2008, 08:03pm)
Do you reccomend a balanced diet for cutting or a "gimmick" one like keto?

Quote (KyoDivine @ Wed, Sep 24 2008, 08:07pm)
how do i cut?
im 6' 3", around 230 pounds.
while im cuttin should i stop doin weights? or reduce? or keep the same?
wut kind of diet should i go for, i eat out a lot, but ill try to keep it good..
and should i do cardio everyday? 20-30 min of joggin or w/e a day is good enuf?

This will answer both of your questions::

best idea for cutting is the following:

1. get about .5g complex carbs / lb bodyweight (200 lb man gets 100g / day) - make sure you eat them split into the first 2-3 meals only. Don't eat any more carbs throughout the day except for maybe some fruit after a workout for insulin response.

2. Eat at least 1.5g protein / lb bodyweight - as well as about 60-70g HDL fats per day.

3. REDUCE SODIUM TO NO MORE THAN 2,000 MG / day

4. Drink ice water ONLY

5. eliminate sugar all together

6. Try stimulants like coffee/tea or pills like atrophex/lipo-6/jet-fuel

7. EAT EVERY 2 HOURS WITHOUT FAIL!!!!!

As far as workout go...try to get at least 2-3 hours of physical activity per day. Its better to do about 1-1.5 hours straight, and the rest can be staggered into 15-20 min blocks throughout the day. The key is to stay moving. If you do a long 2-3 hour workout and then rest for the rest of the day...you will not see the massive fat losses that you will see if you split up the workouts into 15-20 min intervals and a 1-1.5 hour block later in the day.

Try for higher reps, but still moderately heavy weight...you want to force a lot of reps...do a lot of breakdown sets...and failures. Try your best to take no more than 20 seconds between each set.

CAFFEINE UP.

=D

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Sep 24 2008 09:52pm
Gold: 4,071.02
Sep 25 2008 04:25am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Wed, Sep 24 2008, 08:50pm)
This will answer both of your questions::

best idea for cutting is the following:

1. get about .5g complex carbs / lb bodyweight (200 lb man gets 100g / day) - make sure you eat them split into the first 2-3 meals only. Don't eat any more carbs throughout the day except for maybe some fruit after a workout for insulin response.

2. Eat at least 1.5g protein / lb bodyweight - as well as about 60-70g HDL fats per day.

3. REDUCE SODIUM TO NO MORE THAN 2,000 MG / day

4. Drink ice water ONLY

5. eliminate sugar all together

6. Try stimulants like coffee/tea or pills like atrophex/lipo-6/jet-fuel

7. EAT EVERY 2 HOURS WITHOUT FAIL!!!!!

As far as workout go...try to get at least 2-3 hours of physical activity per day. Its better to do about 1-1.5 hours straight, and the rest can be staggered into 15-20 min blocks throughout the day. The key is to stay moving. If you do a long 2-3 hour workout and then rest for the rest of the day...you will not see the massive fat losses that you will see if you split up the workouts into 15-20 min intervals and a 1-1.5 hour block later in the day.

Try for higher reps, but still moderately heavy weight...you want to force a lot of reps...do a lot of breakdown sets...and failures. Try your best to take no more than 20 seconds between each set.

CAFFEINE UP.

=D

caffine helps with cuttin? ohmy.gif didnt know that o_o
and damn, thats a lot of protein ill be eatin lol = =
Gold: 1,001.00
Sep 25 2008 05:51am
i´ll contact you later smile.gif
Sep 25 2008 11:23am
Quote (KyoDivine @ Thu, Sep 25 2008, 06:25am)
caffine helps with cuttin? ohmy.gif didnt know that o_o
and damn, thats a lot of protein ill be eatin lol = =

yes caffeine enhances your metabo...which definitely helps cutting.

as far as protein goes - yes it seems like a lot at first, but its really not that much when you get down to it.

40-40-40-40-40-40

40g with every meal vs 6 meals a day = 200g
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev135363738392039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll