d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev134353637382039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Sep 21 2008 08:34pm
Quote (Peachie @ Sun, Sep 21 2008, 08:40pm)
i know this is kinda random and what not... but just a random thought in my mind :

can consuming casein protein slow down my metabolism? i mean... it takes like 7 hrs or w/e to digest and wat not, has a pretty big amount of calcium on its own.. so, uh.. any insight on this is appreciated.

and btw, hai2u

hey there -

alrite heres the scoop. Casein is only meant to be taken right before bed to sustain protein synthesis throughout the night. DO NOT use it any other time.
Gold: 38,115.35
Sep 22 2008 01:24pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Mon, 22 Sep 2008, 04:34)
hey there -

alrite heres the scoop. Casein is only meant to be taken right before bed to sustain protein synthesis throughout the night. DO NOT use it any other time.

So you disadvice eating cheese for lunch (for example?)

I think that cheese contains casein proteins - I'm not an expert in this area smile.gif
Sep 22 2008 06:11pm
Quote (Dragon_Reborn @ Mon, Sep 22 2008, 03:24pm)
So you disadvice eating cheese for lunch (for example?)

I think that cheese contains casein proteins - I'm not an expert in this area smile.gif

hey there -

although cheese has casein proteins in it....having a little bit of it throughout the day won't really matter. However eating a whole cup of cottage cheese or cassein shake is only good at night before bed. During the day...some cheese here or there will NOT matter.
Sep 22 2008 09:18pm
TIP OF THE DAY -

Get 20-30 minutes of Sun each day to fulfill your body's vitamin D requirements. HOWEVER - do not get MORE than 30 minutes of unprotected sun exposure each day...as this can directly lead to skin cancer, skin wrinkling, and premature aging.
Gold: 0.00
Sep 23 2008 09:50am
Hey,

someone I know ( a girl) thinks she has a couple of pound to lose.

And she wanted tips on how to lose them, I am willing to help her but I hardly know anything about cutting, and plus she does not really want to do weight training/ gain muscle

She mainly wants to start to eat better and do cardio (Interval training and etc).

What basics tips should I give her?

For the meals :

I know she will have to eat more often, and eat healthier things
I heard that eating the part of your meal that has a lot of fiber first (ex : veggies) can help you to be fed up quickier (therefor eating less calories...)
What ratio carbs/protein/fat should she aim for ? Carbs = evil?

For the cardio/training :

HIIT would be a good option?
At frequence should she do that?

Thx a lot for any info you can give me on that!
Sep 23 2008 11:23am
Quote (Urbain @ Tue, Sep 23 2008, 11:50am)
Hey,

someone I know ( a girl) thinks she has a couple of pound to lose.

And she wanted tips on how to lose them, I am willing to help her but I hardly know anything about cutting, and plus she does not really want to do weight training/ gain muscle

She mainly wants to start to eat better and  do cardio (Interval training and etc).

What basics tips should I give her?

For the meals :

I know she will have to eat more often, and eat healthier things
I heard that eating the part of your meal that has a lot of fiber first (ex : veggies) can help you to be fed up quickier (therefor eating less calories...)
What ratio carbs/protein/fat should she aim for ? Carbs = evil?

For the cardio/training :

HIIT would be a good option?
At frequence should she do that?

Thx a lot for any info you can give me on that!

Hey there -

heres what she needs to do.

For hardcore results - she needs to eat no more than 50g carbs per day split between the first two meals.

She nees to eat food everty 2-3 hours.

Focus on lean meats, good fats, and vegetables/fruits as seen below:

Lean meats : Chicken, turkey, tuna, eggs, fish, 2% cheese including cottage cheese, yogurt, and lean beef.
Good Fats: Eggs, Fish, Olives, Olive Oil, Avocados, Mixed Nuts.
Fruits Veggies: all are acceptable...but don't eat fruits within 4 hours of going to bed.

As far as the carbs for the first 2 meals, try complex carbs like oatmeal, whole grain bread/cereal, brown rice, etc.

Make sure she drinks some fruit juice or eats some fruit EVERY morning to stimulate metabolism.

As far as exercise goes - the best way to overall lose fat is the following:

1. Do 1 hour of solid workout per day. That means 30-30 cardio/weights or just 60 straight cardio.
2. Every Hour outside the gym, do a 5-10 minute brief exercise - example: You're at home on the computer for 2 hours - in that 2 hour period get up for 5-10 minutes each hour and do some jumping jacks, situps, pushups, leg lunges, squats, etc. Just keep moving and do intense activity for 5-10 mins of every hour.

At the end of the day she will have a total of like 3 hours of exercise split up with split up meals.....the fat loss will be legendary.

Also, drink ice water only - eat/drink no sugars except from fruit - and get caffeine in the diet to stimulate metabo.

hope this helps

Sep 23 2008 11:59am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Tue, Sep 23 2008, 05:23pm)
Hey there -

heres what she needs to do.

For hardcore results - she needs to eat no more than 50g carbs per day split between the first two meals.

She nees to eat food everty 2-3 hours.

Focus on lean meats, good fats, and vegetables/fruits as seen below:

Lean meats : Chicken, turkey, tuna, eggs, fish, 2% cheese including cottage cheese, yogurt, and lean beef.
Good Fats: Eggs, Fish, Olives, Olive Oil, Avocados, Mixed Nuts.
Fruits Veggies: all are acceptable...but don't eat fruits within 4 hours of going to bed.

As far as the carbs for the first 2 meals, try complex carbs like oatmeal, whole grain bread/cereal, brown rice, etc.

Make sure she drinks some fruit juice or eats some fruit EVERY morning to stimulate metabolism.

As far as exercise goes - the best way to overall lose fat is the following:

1. Do 1 hour of solid workout per day. That means 30-30 cardio/weights or just 60 straight cardio.
2. Every Hour outside the gym, do a 5-10 minute brief exercise - example: You're at home on the computer for 2 hours - in that 2 hour period get up for 5-10 minutes each hour and do some jumping jacks, situps, pushups, leg lunges, squats, etc. Just keep moving and do intense activity for 5-10 mins of every hour.

At the end of the day she will have a total of like 3 hours of exercise split up with split up meals.....the fat loss will be legendary.

Also, drink ice water only - eat/drink no sugars except from fruit - and get caffeine in the diet to stimulate metabo.

hope this helps

Exactly what I was looking for!

Just one last question about that : Caffeine -> From what sources?
Sep 23 2008 12:04pm
Quote (Urbain @ Tue, Sep 23 2008, 01:59pm)
Exactly what I was looking for!

Just one last question about that : Caffeine -> From what sources?

caffeine can be obtained through the following:

1. Stimulant pills like Lopo-6, atrophex, or jet-fuel

2. Caffeine powder (which can be mixed with anything...juice water, etc)

3. Coffee and Tea (including iced) and diet soda - just no sugar!
Sep 23 2008 07:54pm
Just a question smile.gif

hoping you can plan something out for me as i would greatly apprecaite it

i was wondering if you could give me some adivce to cut my weight back like 20-30 or even 40lb's lol

Im 5 ft 8 and 1/2

i weigh about 210 right now

fairly out of shape Due to sitting around from being kicked out of school

im not looking to do anything to extreme that would result in intense fatige

Mabey some exercise Tips

Eating Tips While still maintaining a Healthy Daily Intake

smile.gif i hope to here form you soon Thanks

Demonic

Im not looking to bulk up or nothing + i dont want any Supliments to enter my body if that is possible

This post was edited by DemoniczF on Sep 23 2008 07:55pm
Gold: 951.89
Sep 23 2008 10:46pm
Hello, I sent you a pm once and you responded and helped, but I need a bit more if possible.

I was planning to start going to the 'wellness center' in my area about a month ago but my friend who I was to go with, fell through. But now I am about to get my membership back on monday. I was gonna see if you could help me with a routine, they don't have a deadlift where I will be going, and I don't know about squat either, maybe. I'm 6'1 and weigh 179 pounds atm, trying to get in a bit better shape because I'm gonna start going to train in an mma gym near where I live, but don't wanna go completely out of shape.
But any help with a routine or diet advice I would appreciate a whole lot.
:] Thank-you.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev134353637382039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll