d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev133343536372039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Sep 19 2008 10:56am
Is unflavored whey really unflavored? I mean like taste TOTALLY nothing !?

Did not know that existed....
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Sep 19 2008 12:21pm
Quote (Urbain @ Fri, Sep 19 2008, 12:56pm)
Is unflavored whey really unflavored? I mean like taste TOTALLY nothing !?

Did not know that existed....

yes it is....totally tasteless. To be honest - whey protein in general has no flavor....unlike fats...but similar to carbohydrates. It's everything else that gives it the flavor. Unflavored Whey protein has virtually no flavor. It can be purchased in 5 or 10 lb tubs/bags. It's called NOW! 100% Whey Protein Isolate Unflavored.

Very good to use for certain things like making protein broth for soup/stew, as well as using it to enhance other foods/desserts.
Gold: 0.00
Sep 20 2008 03:30pm
I got questions about pre and post workout nutrition

Currently :

I don't take anything pre workout other than the last meal I ate before going to the gym...(I am trying to eat brown rice/pasta or any complex carb stuff in that meal)
Post workout I drink a protein shake when I come back home.

Questions :

Should I drink my protein shake IMEDIATLY after my training session? Or taking it 10minutes of biking later is ok.
And for pre workout nutrition? Got anything specific to suggest?
Sep 20 2008 07:10pm
Quote (Urbain @ Sat, Sep 20 2008, 05:30pm)
I got questions about pre and post workout nutrition

Currently :

I don't take anything pre workout other than the last meal I ate before going to the gym...(I am trying to eat brown rice/pasta or any complex carb stuff in that meal)
Post workout I drink a protein shake when I come back home.

Questions :

Should I drink my protein shake IMEDIATLY after my training session? Or taking it 10minutes of biking later is ok.
And for pre workout nutrition? Got anything specific to suggest?

Hey there -

You should drink your shake immediately after working out. However - if you do cardio at the end your workout you can drink it right after cardio.

for pre-workout nutrition, drink a shake and some fruit like bananas about 1 hour before working out
Gold: 1,955.00
Sep 20 2008 08:53pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Mon, Sep 15 2008, 12:53pm)
TIP OF THE DAY::

Shower immediately after an intense workout (and after your protein shake). If you wait too long to shower, you can get horrible acne, greasy/oily skin, and bacterial infections. ALWAYS KEEP CLEAN.

Thanks for this tip man!

Sometimes I will go to eat and shit after working out and such. Wonder why I was getting little red pimple looking things on my legs. I shower when I get home but sometimes I don't go home right afterwards. I might just start showering at my gym to make my life easier. tongue.gif
Gold: 52,095.00
Sep 20 2008 11:46pm
On the topic of N.O. Xplode. I used it like 4 times and on the fourth time i notice some yellow in my eyeballs and i would feel a little nausea after using it. When i stopped using it everything was fine and no yellow eyes lol and i am assuming it is the very high levels of caffeine in it, i still have the full container and cant sell it back lol so i was thinking of maybe instead of uses 5-6 oz of water with one scoop use like 16oz of water with one scoop. do you think that would help at all? if not i will just buy a new pre workout.
Sep 21 2008 02:41am
Quote (cseitz71690 @ Sat, Sep 20 2008, 10:53pm)
Thanks for this tip man!

Sometimes I will go to eat and shit after working out and such. Wonder why I was getting little red pimple looking things on my legs. I shower when I get home but sometimes I don't go home right afterwards. I might just start showering at my gym to make my life easier. tongue.gif

showering at the gym is a WAY good idea...I do it all the time to guarentee that I keep clean. You'd be surprised what all the bacteria from the gym equipment (most from other people's sweat) can do to your skin. It's terrible if left unwashed. The longer you wait the more damage it can cause.

Quote (ChaNgeD @ Sun, Sep 21 2008, 01:46am)
On the topic of N.O. Xplode. I used it like 4 times and on the fourth time i notice some yellow in my eyeballs and i would feel a little nausea after using it. When i stopped using it everything was fine and no yellow eyes lol and i am assuming it is the very high levels of caffeine in it, i still have the full container and cant sell it back lol so i was thinking of maybe instead of uses 5-6 oz of water with one scoop use like 16oz of water with one scoop. do you think that would help at all?  if not i will just buy a new pre workout.

Hey there...well first of all I would DEFINITELY reccomend at least 20 ounces of water with 1 scoop of no-explode for it to mix properly and ensure you get enough water as the delivery method for the caffeine. The label is wrong about 5-6 ounces...plain and simple.

Secondly...I have never liked NO explode for many reasons....several of which include the following::

1. TOO much caffeine
2. Not enough creatine
3. way too much artificial sugar and colors/flavors
4. expensive
5. Side effects

All NO explode does is ramp you up before a workout. You can easilly get ramped up by taking some jet-fuel/atrophex/lipo-6 or alternatively just drinking black coffee. The pros ALWAYS use black coffee...or just add a scoop to their pre-workout shake.

Anyway, I'd toss the NO explode...getting jaundice especially near or on the eyes can be very dangerous....do NOT use NO explode anymore if that is a side effect.

If you get that effect from any other stimulant...do NOT use stimulants at all. Remember your body is eternally wise....if something isn't right for it...it'll let you know.

=)

Sep 21 2008 02:42am
TIP OF THE DAY -

Listening to music during a workout - especially forceful music that can get you feeling empowered....can increase your workout intensity (including lifted weight or number of reps) by as much as 40%!!!! Buy an Mp3 player and USE IT!!!
Gold: 1,955.00
Sep 21 2008 03:18pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Sun, Sep 21 2008, 03:42am)
TIP OF THE DAY -

Listening to music during a workout - especially forceful music that can get you feeling empowered....can increase your workout intensity (including lifted weight or number of reps) by as much as 40%!!!! Buy an Mp3 player and USE IT!!!

Time to buy new headphones. Mine were a piece of shit. sad.gif
Banned
Gold: 20.51
Warn: 70%
Sep 21 2008 06:40pm
i know this is kinda random and what not... but just a random thought in my mind :

can consuming casein protein slow down my metabolism? i mean... it takes like 7 hrs or w/e to digest and wat not, has a pretty big amount of calcium on its own.. so, uh.. any insight on this is appreciated.

and btw, hai2u
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev133343536372039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll