d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev13333343353363372039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.47
Mar 2 2010 03:42pm
Hey Raynor! I found your post on cutting thanks!! I do have a few additional questions.

I'm sorry if you have already answered these but i've read the last 20-25 posts :)

Okay as i said before I'm trying to get optimum results in maybe a week or less any ideas or suggestions for this? (19years, 195, 6'1)

I'm looking for extreme dietary tips, but i don't know where to start. I've tried looking around through google but all i found was some pepper you add to your food that is supposed to increase metabolism.

Also if my exercise is not for 1 straight continuos hour it won't be as effective? and would you recommend less than 8, 8 hours, or more than 8 hours of sleep per day.

Thank you for reading and helping, sending donation now :)
Gold: 9,416.01
Mar 2 2010 06:12pm
Quote (Alyon @ Mar 2 2010 05:42pm)
Hey Raynor! I found your post on cutting thanks!! I do have a few additional questions.

I'm sorry if you have already answered these but i've read the last 20-25 posts :)

Okay as i said before I'm trying to get optimum results in maybe a week or less any ideas or suggestions for this?  (19years, 195, 6'1)

I'm looking for extreme dietary tips, but i don't know where to start.  I've tried looking around through google but all i found was some pepper you add to your food that is supposed to increase metabolism.

Also if my exercise is not for 1 straight continuos hour it won't be as effective?  and would you recommend less than 8, 8 hours, or more than 8 hours of sleep per day.

not really going to be able to make huge changes in a week lol... this stuff takes time... and 7-9 hours of sleep is optimal imo... any more than 9 and you are most likely catabolic for too long... less than 7 and you are most likely not allowing your body enough rest
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Mar 2 2010 07:28pm
Quote (dendo12689 @ Mar 2 2010 04:24pm)
anything wrong with straight milk thistle as liver support?
was going to go with 2g morning 2g afternoon... can i just get the tribulus at like vitamine shoppe or GNC? or would you suggest an online store somewhere?

bodybuilding.com

nothing wrong with milk thistle...NOW! liver support is more complete though.

Don't mess with vitaminshoppe or GNC...both of them are overpriced and only to be used in the event of needing a product IMMEDIATELY
Mar 2 2010 07:32pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Mar 2 2010 09:28pm)
bodybuilding.com

nothing wrong with milk thistle...NOW! liver support is more complete though.

Don't mess with vitaminshoppe or GNC...both of them are overpriced and only to be used in the event of needing a product IMMEDIATELY

okay, thanks for the info.. also i pmed you regarding becoming a personal trainer

/e
this would be the exact tribulus you mean for PCT? an what would be the recommended dosage? follow the instructions?
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/tribulus.html

This post was edited by dendo12689 on Mar 2 2010 07:36pm
Mar 2 2010 07:35pm
Quote (Alyon @ Mar 2 2010 05:42pm)

Okay as i said before I'm trying to get optimum results in maybe a week or less any ideas or suggestions for this?  (19years, 195, 6'1)

I'm looking for extreme dietary tips, but i don't know where to start.  I've tried looking around through google but all i found was some pepper you add to your food that is supposed to increase metabolism.

Also if my exercise is not for 1 straight continuos hour it won't be as effective?  and would you recommend less than 8, 8 hours, or more than 8 hours of sleep per day.

Stick to the full cutting plan, but for more extreme results...do the following IN ADDITION TO THE FULL CUTTING ROUTINE POSTED:

1. Take 3 jet fuel on an empty stomach each morning with about 32 oz of water, and go for a 20-30 minute jog. Immediately when you get home, drink another 12 oz water and eat breakfast consisting of 3 eggs and grapefruit juice (8-10 oz)

2. Take 3 more jet fuel 5 hours later with another 32 oz water

3. Eliminate ALL carbohydrates from your diet, the only carbs you will get are from green veggies and grapefruits or grapefruit juice (approx 24 oz grapefruit juice a day or 2 whole grapefruits)

4. Use lots of cayenne pepper, garlic, black pepper, and other intense spices to ramp up your metabolism.

5. Eat every 2 hours instead of every 3.

6. Do at least 2 hours of strength training and 1 hour of cardio (immediately after strength training) 6 days a week
Mar 2 2010 07:38pm
Quote (dendo12689 @ Mar 2 2010 09:32pm)
okay, thanks for the info.. also i pmed you regarding becoming a personal trainer

/e
this would be the exact tribulus you mean for PCT? an what would be the recommended dosage? follow the instructions?
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/tribulus.html

Hello - I can NOT respond to PM's at this time. All questions must be asked through the thread.

As far as trib, yes that's the one. Take 2g in the morning and 2g before bed every day
Mar 2 2010 08:35pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Mar 2 2010 09:38pm)
Hello - I can NOT respond to PM's at this time. All questions must be asked through the thread.

As far as trib, yes that's the one. Take 2g in the morning and 2g before bed every day

o, well in that case, in regards to becoming a personal trainer:
what exactly does the ISSA exam consist of? what types of information do you learn from taking the course and what types of questions are on the exam? was it that beneficial that it was worth it, or was it just that being ISSA approved allowed for that much better business, although clearly that isnt what you are in it for. you just love the atmosphere like i do, and its been something i wanted to do for ~ 6 months now. however im a double major in mechanical engineering and economics at a very good college, and with going to the gym, i dont know if i will have time for the course. was just looking for an overall insight on the experience with the ISSA accreditation process i guess
Mar 2 2010 09:31pm
Quote (dendo12689 @ Mar 2 2010 10:35pm)
o, well in that case, in regards to becoming a personal trainer:
what exactly does the ISSA exam consist of? what types of information do you learn from taking the course and what types of questions are on the exam? was it that beneficial that it was worth it, or was it just that being ISSA approved allowed for that much better business, although clearly that isnt what you are in it for. you just love the atmosphere like i do, and its been something i wanted to do for ~ 6 months now. however im a double major in mechanical engineering and economics at a very good college, and with going to the gym, i dont know if i will have time for the course. was just looking for an overall insight on the experience with the ISSA accreditation process i guess

In general, personal training at a gym (working for the gym) isn't a very profitable career. Only about 1-2% of the personal trainer population makes more than $40,000 / yr which is pretty low considering the amount of work involved. However, if you are really passionate about the career, you can go ahead and try it out.

The test is mostly in regards to exercise science and kinesthesiology. There are a lot of "Fluff" questions on the test which would never be practically used in real life in training sessions. There are also a lot of questions about trainer/client relations. In general I would HIGHLY advice the prep package and study the hell out of it before taking the test. A good working knowledge of nutrition, fitness, exercise science and biology will NOT be sufficient to pass the test (especially if its your first time taking it).

Anyway, NASM is pretty much the MOST recognized (or at least ONE of the most recognized) trainer certifications - if you had to choose one I'd say go with that one.

I do not regret getting my training certification but I would say that it's really not a profitable career unless you establish your own PRIVATE client base and make a true lifestyle out of it. I do know a few guys who are training 10-12 clients a week for 1 hour each at $100 / hr. So they end up making $1,000-$1,200 a week for 12 hours of direct work (training them in a gym setting) + another 12 hours of indirect work (writing up plans, phone calls, etc). So $50,000 / yr (all cash of course) is really not bad for a 20-25 hr work week lol. However, do NOT except this off the bat...it will take years of establishing loyal clients to get there...and legitimately unless you work for a boutique gym - don't except to make huge cash to start with...expect a $25,000 / yr kinda job for the first few years.
Mar 2 2010 09:52pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Mar 2 2010 11:31pm)
In general, personal training at a gym (working for the gym) isn't a very profitable career. Only about 1-2% of the personal trainer population makes more than $40,000 / yr which is pretty low considering the amount of work involved. However, if you are really passionate about the career, you can go ahead and try it out.

The test is mostly in regards to exercise science and kinesthesiology. There are a lot of "Fluff" questions on the test which would never be practically used in real life in training sessions. There are also a lot of questions about trainer/client relations. In general I would HIGHLY advice the prep package and study the hell out of it before taking the test. A good working knowledge of nutrition, fitness, exercise science and biology will NOT be sufficient to pass the test (especially if its your first time taking it).

Anyway, NASM is pretty much the MOST recognized (or at least ONE of the most recognized) trainer certifications - if you had to choose one I'd say go with that one.

I do not regret getting my training certification but I would say that it's really not a profitable career unless you establish your own PRIVATE client base and make a true lifestyle out of it. I do know a few guys who are training 10-12 clients a week for 1 hour each at $100 / hr. So they end up making $1,000-$1,200 a week for 12 hours of direct work (training them in a gym setting) + another 12 hours of indirect work (writing up plans, phone calls, etc). So $50,000 / yr (all cash of course) is really not bad for a 20-25 hr work week lol. However, do NOT except this off the bat...it will take years of establishing loyal clients to get there...and legitimately unless you work for a boutique gym - don't except to make huge cash to start with...expect a $25,000 / yr kinda job for the first few years.

well thats why im double majoring in mechanical engineering and economics... was just something that i am very passionate about that i wanted to look into doing as a summer job/something to do during the year at school to make money besides manual labor/bouncing at clubs
anyhow, thanks for all the help gl with your competitions and such
Gold: 0.00
Mar 2 2010 10:21pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Mar 2 2010 08:20pm)
just get some NOW! Liver Support (taking before/during/after cycle) - also get NOW! Tribulus (take after cycle), and you can also try something like gaspari novadex - but I usually don't recommend that.

before i would use i-force reversitol as my anti estro/nat test booster, but its discontinued.

what would u reccommend as a good nat test booster and good anti estrogen supp? or would u suggest i use research chems?
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev13333343353363372039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll