d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev132333435362039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,451.51
Sep 15 2008 11:58am
Hi, I just got off NO Xplode temporarily, and I was wondering how long you think it'd take to get all of the chemicals and effects of them out of my body? Having circulation problems in my arm, so I'm seeing if it's NO Xplode (kind of counter intuitive to me, seeing as L-Arganine is a vasiodialator, and should help circulation, but my mom's studying in the feild and told me to "get off that shit").

Thanks SKC
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Sep 15 2008 10:01pm
Quote (impulsepainter @ Mon, Sep 15 2008, 01:58pm)
Hi, I just got off NO Xplode temporarily, and I was wondering how long you think it'd take to get all of the chemicals and effects of them out of my body? Having circulation problems in my arm, so I'm seeing if it's NO Xplode (kind of counter intuitive to me, seeing as L-Arganine is a vasiodialator, and should help circulation, but my mom's studying in the feild and told me to "get off that shit").

Thanks SKC

Hey there -

well first of all your mother is paranoid as all mothers are. She thinks that NO explode is bad for you or a chemical or some sort of steroid....i assure you it is non of these.

NO Explode is merely a proprietary blend of herbs, aminos, and other compounds which are centered around the following:

Caffeine, L-Arginine, Creatine, and Rutacarpene.

First of all, mixing caffeine and arginine counter-act each other...which is why i don't use NO explode. One vasodilates (arginine and rutacarpene), and the other vasoconstricts (caffeine).

Secondly...the only "chemical" in NO explode is artificial flavor/color and artificial sugar. It is no different than eating a sugar free cookie as far as chemicals go.

So to answer your question - there are NO chemicals in your body from NO explode. Don't even worry about it. if your mother is too stubborn to read the ingredients...then she's just being a stubborn mother.

I would either way advise against NO explode for three reasons:

1. Counter-productive ingredients
2. Overpriced
3. too much artificial sugar in it can have laxative like effects

If you want a good vasodilator - just get some AAKG arginine alpha keto glutarate and take some prior to working out.
Gold: 4,451.51
Sep 16 2008 12:09pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Mon, 15 Sep 2008, 22:01)
Hey there -

well first of all your mother is paranoid as all mothers are. She thinks that NO explode is bad for you or a chemical or some sort of steroid....i assure you it is non of these.

NO Explode is merely a proprietary blend of herbs, aminos, and other compounds which are centered around the following:

Caffeine, L-Arginine, Creatine, and Rutacarpene.

First of all, mixing caffeine and arginine counter-act each other...which is why i don't use NO explode. One vasodilates (arginine and rutacarpene), and the other vasoconstricts (caffeine).

Secondly...the only "chemical" in NO explode is artificial flavor/color and artificial sugar. It is no different than eating a sugar free cookie as far as chemicals go.

So to answer your question - there are NO chemicals in your body from NO explode. Don't even worry about it. if your mother is too stubborn to read the ingredients...then she's just being a stubborn mother.

I would either way advise against NO explode for three reasons:

1. Counter-productive ingredients
2. Overpriced
3. too much artificial sugar in it can have laxative like effects

If you want a good vasodilator - just get some AAKG  arginine alpha keto glutarate  and take some prior to working out.

Thanks for the help, I thought caffeine was a vasiodiolator...hrmm, suppose not. Actually she did read all of the ingredients, and looked up the ones she didn't know off the top of her head. She was considering taking it because it had L-Arganine, and needed it for her own reasons (diabetes), but just bought isolated L-Arganine from vitamin cottage, not to disagree with you that she's paranoid though happy.gif. My stomach has never been good, and gets upset over anything (especially, but not only, lactose. I'm lactose intolerant) As typing this, I just looked up caffeine and it's effects on weight lifting. Since I've gotten off NO Xplode, I've had horrible work outs, not being able to get pumped, increased muscle soreness, and tired part way through. I'll look into those other things you mentioned, but I'm considering just staying on NO Xplode, 50$ and it has about 60 servings, it seems to be working very well for me so far. My main reason for getting on NO Xplode was 1) Needed something to boost my energy while working out, music alone doesn't do it enough. 2) Source of creatine and any other goodies. Although I now have a second source of Creatine Ethyl Ester, and take it after I work out.

Thanks again! happy.gif

I am not so certain that caffeine will produce a net vasoconstrictive effect peripherally.    In fact the actual outcome of vasomotor tone is dependent on many factors that are competing and balancing with one another.    So that this theory seems implausible or at least not likely.  But it should be noted that caffeine at first generates vasodilation.

Caffeine's mechanism of action involves increasing the synthesis and release of catecholamines and increasing intracellular cAMP concentration through phosphodiesterase inhibition. These pharmacological effects are demonstrable in multiple organ systems. Central nervous system physiological responses include stimulation of the cerebrum and medulla, resulting in the often desired effect of alertness and hypervigilence. The cardiovascular response includes direct stimulation of the myocardium; however this effect may be mitigated to some extent by concurrent vagal stimulation. These factors sometimes result in ventricular irritability, manifested as premature ventricular contractions. Likewise, direct vasodilation occurs, although this may be counteracted by vasoconstriction from stimulation of the medullary vasomotor center, and may cause either increases or decreases in blood pressure. Smooth muscle is relaxed by caffeine, while skeletal muscle is stimulated.

Caffeine will increase the level of free fatty acids in your blood, thereby facilitating the use of fat as fuel.  Studies have also shown that caffeine increases fat oxidation.   

Fat mobilization not only increases our ability to burn fat, but it also improves our total anaerobic and aerobic capacity.  Any time you exercise your body burns both stored fat and glycogen or sugar.  However, as soon as the glycogen in the muscles that you are using is burnt up, your performance is greatly reduced.  By taking caffeine your body will actually increase the amount of free fatty acids in your blood.  By doing this you will create a glycogen sparing effect.  Simply put your body uses more fat as fuel and your sugar store depletion rate decreases, which in turn delays fatigue and allows you to workout longer and harder. 

Before muscles can contract calcium ions must be released inside of the cells.  Caffeine assists by actually increasing the cells sensitivity and availability of this mineral.  That creates a twitch tension, which allows muscles to contract with less effort.  It may also increase the contraction force of the diaphragm.  Which might improve breathing during exercise. 

Caffeine also effects the central nervous system by literally masking our perception of fatigue.   

Regular consumption of caffeine reportedly reduces the effectiveness mentioned. 

Caffeine is a diuretic, which means that it dehydrates you.  Creatine, on the other hand heavily depends on hydration.  However this is easily made up for by simply consuming more water.   

Research indicates that caffeine can have not only a performance enhancing effect but also a thermogenic fat releasing value. The catch is, this effect has been noted primarily in individuals who do not regularly use caffeine. Using caffeine 30 minutes prior to your workout on alternate days (3-4 days per week for a 4-week period) might allow you to release and burn additional fat. If you are a regular caffeine user, you might find benefit by avoiding coffee, caffeinated drinks and products for 3-4 weeks before beginning this fat loss routine.

During that period of time, work out at least 3 days per week with resistance, at least 4 days per week aerobically, and allow your body's natural energy systems to restore.

My feeling is that there will be some benefits and value in using caffeine but they are largely due to subjective feelings more than actual physiological improvements.    In the absence of any predisposing cardiovascular or nervous system problems I can see no harm in using it if you eliminate all other sources of it.  Be aware of the potential to aggravate normal sleep cycles and the tendency to cause palpitations.

Sep 16 2008 06:30pm
Quote (impulsepainter @ Tue, Sep 16 2008, 02:09pm)

anytime.
Gold: 100.00
Sep 17 2008 06:33am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Sat, Sep 13 2008, 05:30am)
hey there -

this depends, but mostly on your bodytype, workout routine (if you have one), and physical goals.

EVERYONE needs to eat before bed...its very important to keep ur body fueled even when you sleep. However its the TYPE of food you eat before bed that makes the difference.

The best option is as follows:::

Eat a lean meat and a good fat before bed. Avoid carbs all together 3-4 hours before bed unless you are on a bulking cycle. (if you don't know what this is, then the answer is no)

good lean meats = Chicken, Turkey, Tuna, Eggs, Lean beef (93/7% or better), fish, or protein shakes.
good fats = Nuts, Milk, Cheese, Olive Oil, Olives, Beans, Fish, Fish Oil, etc.

you can also eat vegetables with your night time meal.

Some good meal ideas before bed =

Grilled Chicken over a salad w/ some mixed nuts or olive oil+vinegar dressing
Sirloin Steak with broccoli and olive oil + lemon
Black Beans and Chicken with Tomato and Onion
Tuna Salad with Nuts and Olives

etc.

Anyway also try to eat every 2-3 hours...very important.

hope this helps!

a bulking cycle is when your trying to gain body mass right? I'm not trying to do that.

bread & patatoes are carbs right? (not sure, english isnt my native language) if so, I'd have to avoid eating that before bedtime.

what about rice? could I eat chicken with vegetables and rice ~1 houre before I'd go to bed?
Sep 17 2008 11:42am
Quote (Hellskin @ Wed, Sep 17 2008, 08:33am)
a bulking cycle is when your trying to gain body mass right? I'm not trying to do that.

bread & patatoes are carbs right? (not sure, english isnt my native language) if so, I'd have to avoid eating that before bedtime.

what about rice? could I eat chicken with vegetables and rice ~1 houre before I'd go to bed?

hey there -

bread, potatoes, rice, pasta, cereal....basically anything that comes from grain is a carb.

before bed you would eat chicken and vegetables....no rice!

hope this helps.
Gold: 100.00
Sep 17 2008 01:44pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Wed, Sep 17 2008, 05:42pm)
hey there -

bread, potatoes, rice, pasta, cereal....basically anything that comes from grain is a carb.

before bed you would eat chicken and vegetables....no rice!

hope this helps.

it helps. thanks heart.gif

Gold: 0.00
Sep 17 2008 02:52pm
NVM, got my question answered by one of your other post wink.gif Thx

This post was edited by Urbain on Sep 17 2008 02:54pm
Sep 18 2008 06:35pm
Quote (Urbain @ Wed, Sep 17 2008, 04:52pm)
NVM, got my question answered by one of your other post wink.gif Thx

hahaha very glad...thanks.
Sep 18 2008 06:45pm
TIP OF THE DAY -

If you love soup, but want to get your protein, complex carbs, without going overboard in the sodium, here's a recipe for protein soup.

NOW! 100% whey protein isolate (unflavored)
Chicken Breast
Ground Beef
Whole Grain pasta
Carrots
Celery
Onions
Green Pepper
Green Peas
Low Sodium Chicken Broth
Seasonings/spices

Boil the chicken broth and add in the veggies + meat + pasta +seasonings - reduce to a simmer and let it cook for about 15 minutes. Reduce heat further to about 25% and let it sit on low heat for another 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally. Add more spices to taste. Once soup is finished, add several scoops of unflavored whey protein powder, mix it up, add more spice if needed - bring back to a simmer, and serve with crusty french bread.

Delicious.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev132333435362039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll