d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev13233243253263272039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Feb 23 2010 06:17am
Hey SKC i probably asked this sometime before but do you have any suggestions on improving my loose skin it's mostly in the stomach and inner thighs and it pisses me off because i go to a martial arts gym and when i throw leg kicks on the bag it rattles shitty feeling, i do squats,deadlifts,goodmornings and started doing some walking lunges in my last workout.

Just looking for tips on exercises to build muscle in those areas i doubt there is a product to help it?

This post was edited by Blaze-Weed on Feb 23 2010 06:20am
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Feb 23 2010 12:03pm
Quote (JoeKer @ Feb 22 2010 04:50pm)
Hey, I am 6'3 280lbs 20 years old, my brother is 5'7 128lbs 18 years old.

We are wanting to buy some supps...

Can you help me out some good suppliements to take?  For him he wants to gain muscle and weight.  I want to lose weight and gain muscle as well.

I've talked to people on dieting and workout schedule so I think I'm good on that.  Eating a lot healthier.  Just need to get some supps and hitting the gym more.

ok here you go:

FOR BOTH OF YOU:

NOW! Adam Multivitamins (take 2x a day, once morning once at night)
Optimum Nutrition Micronized Creatine (take 5g / day 2.5 pre and 2.5 post workout or 2.5 morning and 2.5 post/pre workout)
NOW! Arginine + Ornithine (take 10g before bed, and take 5-10g before working out)
Optimum Nutrtion BCAA caps (take 2-3g every 45 mins before/during/after exercise and before bed)
NOW! Omega 3-6-9 (take 2-3 pills with every food meal...not shakes to promote fat loss and clean circulatory system)

FOR JUST YOU:

GAT! Jet Fuel (take 2-3 pills each morning on an empty stomach with 32 oz water - do some exercise preferably like light jogging and then eat 30 mins later)
Grapefruit Juice (drink 1-2 8pz glasses per day...once in the morning with breakfast and once with your 2nd or 3rd meal to aid in fat loss)
NOW! 100% whey isolate (take this as your protein shake)

FOR JUST YOUR BROTHER:

Cytosport Cytogainer (take 2 shakes a day in addition to his regular eating schedule...this will help him add a lot of mass - one in the morning and one pre/post workout is good)

I hope that helps!
Feb 23 2010 12:05pm
Quote (Bail @ Feb 22 2010 07:37pm)
your thoughts on GOMAD or 1/2GOMAD (gallon o' milk a day)? i'm broke and need the cals for some serious bulking, yo.

leave the yo out...you're sounding like the firebat lol.

anyway - as long as you are bulking and not sensitive to lactose, then you are fine and enjoy the hell out of the milk.

Milk, eggs, whole grain bread, brown rice, frozen chix breasts are all some very cheap ways to get your macros for bulking.
Feb 23 2010 12:10pm

Quote (Molson @ Feb 22 2010 09:13pm)
your pm box is full!
your pm box is full!

so not last weekend but the weekend before, i went to a party and when i woke up in the morning my arm was killing me!

the pain shoots from the brachioradilas up my brachilis and into my deltoid...i had to look this shit up to explain it better lol.

so anyway, it hurts to curl even 15lbs, but after the first rep it feels better....

i realized thats probably a bad thing so i stopped using my arm.  its my right arm btw

i have a fitness test to get into a auxillary figherfighter thing on sunday and i need it to be better!

is there anything i could do to make it stop hurting?

or do you think i like maybe tore something....i was pretty drunk and i did fall down a stair case onto a sidewalk.

but yea, please help if you can!

after this i have some more sweet questions i wanna ask you!

edit:  also, my triceps dont hurt at all.

I DO NOT REPLY TO PMS ANYMORE! I DO NOT HAVE THE TIME AND IT IS UNFAIR TO EVERYONE ON THIS THREAD TO GET PERSONAL ASSISTANCE WHEN THE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS CAN HELP EVERYONE!!! SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE!

anyway to answer your question...sounds like a muscle sprain or pinched nerve. Try the following:

15 mins direct icing
15 minutes rest
15 minutes heat
15 minutes rest

do that every other hour

You can also try some light stretching and anti inflammatory like advil to aid in you feeling a bit better.
Feb 23 2010 12:11pm
Quote (str8rippinn @ Feb 22 2010 10:06pm)
Dont pm him. Keep it in the thread.

skc, im in a weight lifting class and im getting serious about my diet and what not.

Im obviously trying to cut, would it be alright to incorporate a 10-20 minute run after my weight lifting period when school is over with?

Yes that would be fine. It would be recommended to do cardio AFTER strength training for maximum fat loss.
Feb 23 2010 12:15pm
Quote (Blaze-Weed @ Feb 23 2010 08:17am)
Hey SKC i probably asked this sometime before but do you have any suggestions on improving my loose skin it's mostly in the stomach and inner thighs and it pisses me off because i go to a martial arts gym and when i throw leg kicks on the bag it rattles shitty feeling, i do squats,deadlifts,goodmornings and started doing some walking lunges in my last workout.

Just looking for tips on exercises to build muscle in those areas i doubt there is a product to help it?

hey there...is it JUST loose skin? or fat as well?

if its fat, you have to cut...if its loose skin....then you have two options:

1. gain a ton of muscle in those areas to fill out the skin

2. see a surgeon and have him surgically remove the excess skin.

if you choose to build muscle there...for the stomach you have to do LOTS Of weighted ab exercises including V-crunches on the machine (as heavy as you can go for 8-12 reps), hanging leg raises with a dumbbell between your feet, situps with a plate on your chest...25/35/45 lbs) - do these ab exercises for at least 15-20 sets every other day.

As far as inner thighs go...do the hip ADDUCTION machine...thats where you start sitting down with legs apart...and SQUEEZE you legs together. Do this with very heavy weight.....also try DEEP squats and lunges. do these at least 2x a week for 20 sets and until failure each time.
Gold: 50.00
Feb 23 2010 01:26pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Feb 23 2010 11:03am)
ok here you go:

FOR BOTH OF YOU:

NOW! Adam Multivitamins (take 2x a day, once morning once at night)
Optimum Nutrition Micronized Creatine (take 5g / day 2.5 pre and 2.5 post workout or 2.5 morning and 2.5 post/pre workout)
NOW! Arginine + Ornithine (take 10g before bed, and take 5-10g before working out)
Optimum Nutrtion BCAA caps (take 2-3g every 45 mins before/during/after exercise and before bed)
NOW! Omega 3-6-9 (take 2-3 pills with every food meal...not shakes to promote fat loss and clean circulatory system)

FOR JUST YOU:

GAT! Jet Fuel (take 2-3 pills each morning on an empty stomach with 32 oz water - do some exercise preferably like light jogging and then eat 30 mins later)
Grapefruit Juice (drink 1-2 8pz glasses per day...once in the morning with breakfast and once with your 2nd or 3rd meal to aid in fat loss)
NOW! 100% whey isolate (take this as your protein shake)

FOR JUST YOUR BROTHER:

Cytosport Cytogainer (take 2 shakes a day in addition to his regular eating schedule...this will help him add a lot of mass - one in the morning and one pre/post workout is good)

I hope that helps!

Hey trying to find all or most the supps on BB.com

Micronized Creatine Monohydrate
Brand: AllMax Nutrition
Creapure®

100% Pure Micronized German Creatine

is that good creatine?

comes in pill form? only one i found on bb. 1 serving = 2 pills and has 1g L-Arginine (Free-Form) for every 2 pills... and .500g of L-Ornithine (From L-Ornithine HCl) is this the right stuff? 10g before bed would be a lot. lmk thanks.

wheres a good place to buy these? when you mean 45 mins before/during/after exercise and bed. 2-3 45 before workout, 2-3g during workout, 2-3g 45 mins after workout 2-3g 45 before bed, 2-3g after i wakeup?

would my little brother need this? so take 2-3pills 6 times a day?
Gold: 515.76
Feb 23 2010 03:57pm
Hey need some nutrition tips and such for getting upper body tone
16y/o
135lb
5'7
have access to the gym
i have whey protein
Gold: 0.00
Feb 23 2010 04:13pm
Quote (mcfighter @ Feb 23 2010 04:57pm)
Hey need some nutrition tips and such for getting upper body tone
16y/o
135lb
5'7
have access to the gym
i have whey protein

tonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetone
onetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetone
tonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonet
onetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetoneton
etonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetoneton
etonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonet
onetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetoneton
etonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetonetone

This post was edited by codymichaud on Feb 23 2010 04:13pm
Gold: 50.00
Feb 23 2010 04:20pm
SKCRaynor, sorry to keep bugging you. I really appreciate your help though.

8- Jet fuel, 2 Multivitamins and 30 minute walk/jog, Optimum Nutrtion BCAA caps
8:30- Breakfast- Omega 3-6-9, 4eggs (1 with yolk) some dry oats with a dry piece of toast, orange and a (protein) shake 1 glass grape fruit juice,
10:30- Snack- Some almonds
1:00- Lunch- Omega 3-6-9, Salad or sandwich with chicken/tuna/turkey 1 glass grapefruit juice
4:00- Snack- Some almonds/cottage cheese/veggies/fruit , beef jerkey
5:00- GYM- creatine , before and after workout, Arginine + Ornithine before gym, Optimum Nutrtion BCAA caps before and after workout, shake after gym.
7:30- Dinner- Omega 3-6-9, 2 Multivitamins, Chicken/steak with veggies
10:00-Snack- Arginine + Ornithine, Optimum Nutrtion BCAA caps , Cottage cheese (heard it's good to eat before bed)

Good eating schedule? and is that how the supps are gonna be taken? Please lmk if I am missing something...

We plan on going to the gym Monday-Thursday... Friday/Saturday/Sunday 1-3 Hours a day playing basketball I also have football practice and games on saturday/sunday, so I will have a lot of cardio..

Monday- Chest/triceps
Tuesday- Biceps/back
Wednesday- legs/traps/shoulders
thursday-chest triceps

then the next week will be
Monday-biceps/back
tue-legs/traps/shoulders
wed- chest/tricep
thursday- biceps back

would this be okay to do?

Also should me and my brother lift differnt? I was thinking we both do 3-4 sets of 8-10 each workout we do.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev13233243253263272039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll