d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev131323334352039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Sep 13 2008 09:35pm
More and more I feel like I am """Wasting""" part of my efforts because I have an unproper diet, I know what to do, but basicly can't manage to achieve it!

Stats :

Weight : 133-141 (varies crazy)
Height : 5'11

I was thinking of doing 40 (carbs) / 40 (Protein) / 20 (fats), 3500 cals +

Could you make/link me to, a diet/eating plan that would suit me right?
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Sep 13 2008 09:36pm
Quote (pkxd @ Sat, Sep 13 2008, 11:17pm)
ohh really ty smile.gif lol if u dont mind ill pm u for more details tommorow  smile.gif

just curious
cardio gets rid of teh fat on my legs right
i hear running up and down the stares do somethin way good for it

to be honest, to lose fat in a specific part of the body requires having fat loss everywhere. But cardio IS the best way to lose fat - everywhere. So to answer your question...yes =D Doing cardio...espcially 30 mins of cardio at the end of a strength workout leads to massive fat loss.
Sep 13 2008 09:40pm
Quote (Urbain @ Sat, Sep 13 2008, 11:35pm)
More and more I feel like I am """Wasting""" part of my efforts because I have an unproper diet, I know what to do, but basicly can't manage to achieve it!

Stats :

Weight : 133-141 (varies crazy)
Height : 5'11

I was thinking of doing 40 (carbs) / 40 (Protein) / 20 (fats), 3500 cals +

Could you make/link me to, a diet/eating plan that would suit me right?

Hey there -

Ok lets see...first of all we have to measure your diet needs based on your activity level + body type + medical conditions (if any)

i need the following info -

How often do you work out per week? How long is each workout? How intense is each workout?

What is your body type? (tall, thin, broad, short, muscular, etc)

Any medical conditions?

get back to me and i'll be glad to help you out.
Sep 13 2008 09:46pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Sun, Sep 14 2008, 03:40am)
Hey there -

Ok lets see...first of all we have to measure your diet needs based on your activity level + body type + medical conditions (if any)

i need the following info -

How often do you work out per week? How long is each workout? How intense is each workout?

What is your body type? (tall, thin, broad, short, muscular, etc)

Any medical conditions?

get back to me and i'll be glad to help you out.

I work out 3 times a week, 1 hour each time (not including strenching + 15 minutes of bike to get there and go back) I'd say that every 2-3 workouts, someone comes to me and say : "Wow you are really giving everything you've got" . So yes workouts are pretty much intense.
I don't look tall nor short. I am not that skinny, but I am skinny (@ 5'11 and 136 lbs or so...)

Medical conditions : Can't have radioactive iodine in my body or I'll die

This post was edited by Urbain on Sep 13 2008 09:47pm
Sep 14 2008 02:41am
Quote (Urbain @ Sat, Sep 13 2008, 11:46pm)
I work out 3 times a week, 1 hour each time (not including strenching + 15 minutes of bike to get there and go back) I'd say that every 2-3 workouts, someone comes to me and say : "Wow you are really giving everything you've got" . So yes workouts are pretty much intense.
I don't look tall nor short. I am not that skinny, but I am skinny (@ 5'11 and 136 lbs or so...)

Medical conditions : Can't have radioactive iodine in my body or I'll die

hey there -

ok lets see - now that you've given me all the information you need...I can give you a good idea of what you need to do.

a classic 40/40/20 is an excellent idea...or even a 45/45/10. (carbs/protein/fats) but here are the key factors.

eat healthy shit! Lean meats, whole grains, lots of veggies and fruits, nuts and olive oil.

You should really eat every 3-4 hours given your body type...and try to really hammer out the protein before and after a workout. Get out of the habbit of eating bad foods, and try to stick to sensible choices for what you want.

A good example of a meal on the diet you should use would be the following::

8 ounce grilled chicken breast cooked with olive oil over whole grain pasta with tomato sauce and cheese w/ a side of broccoli and carrots and a bunch of mixed fruit afterwards.

This is one of the most perfect meals you can eat. Remember you can substitute any lean meat for the chicken, any whole grain for the carb, and any veggies/fruit for the vegetable + fruit section. Just make sure to get enough nutrition throughout the day.

Also, considering your stats...2,500-3,000 calories a day if from proper sources should suit you fine for now. I would also try out Cytosport Cytogainer as your protein/mass gainer supplement.

hope this helps!
Sep 14 2008 08:42am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Sun, Sep 14 2008, 08:41am)
hey there -

ok lets see - now that you've given me all the information you need...I can give you a good idea of what you need to do.

a classic 40/40/20 is an excellent idea...or even a 45/45/10. (carbs/protein/fats) but here are the key factors.

eat healthy shit! Lean meats, whole grains, lots of veggies and fruits, nuts and olive oil.

You should really eat every 3-4 hours given your body type...and try to really hammer out the protein before and after a workout. Get out of the habbit of eating bad foods, and try to stick to sensible choices for what you want.

A good example of a meal on the diet you should use would be the following::

8 ounce grilled chicken breast cooked with olive oil over whole grain pasta with tomato sauce and cheese w/ a side of broccoli and carrots and a bunch of mixed fruit afterwards.

This is one of the most perfect meals you can eat. Remember you can substitute any lean meat for the chicken, any whole grain for the carb, and any veggies/fruit for the vegetable + fruit section. Just make sure to get enough nutrition throughout the day.

Also, considering your stats...2,500-3,000 calories a day if from proper sources should suit you fine for now. I would also try out Cytosport Cytogainer as your protein/mass gainer supplement.

hope this helps!

Yea thx, but one things, I hardly imagine myself eating a meal like this 4 times a day :/ For Lunch and Dinner time ok. But in the morning ? And at night? Would you have any perfect meal exemple for those 2 moments?

For the cytogainer : What use would you recommand of it? Pre and Post workout? And on the days I don't workout? Anyway, if I am under 150 pounds on Christmas, my mom buys me some, If I am 151-152, I can buy myself some, and if I am 153 lbs + I can't buy some sad.gif (My mom rules the house lol)
Sep 14 2008 09:29am
Quote (Urbain @ Sun, Sep 14 2008, 10:42am)
Yea thx, but one things, I hardly imagine myself eating a meal like this 4 times a day :/ For Lunch and Dinner time ok. But in the morning ? And at night? Would you have any perfect meal exemple for those 2 moments?

For the cytogainer : What use would you recommand of it? Pre and Post workout? And on the days I don't workout? Anyway, if I am under 150 pounds on Christmas, my mom buys me some, If I am 151-152, I can buy myself some, and if I am 153 lbs + I can't buy some sad.gif (My mom rules the house lol)

hahahaha.

first off you should explain to your mom that cytogainer is merely Whey protein, Dextrose, natural flavors, good fats, and some creatine. Its just a meal replacement thats cheaper than eating food...and has a lot of calories and macros.

anyway - thats fine. But here you go::

breakfast type meal: 5-6 whole eggs with 2 slices of whole wheat toast and peanut butter with a glass of milk and a glass of orange juice
dinner type meal: 8 ounces of sirloin steak, 1 large sweet potato, small salad with olive oil and vinegar, side of black beans and rice.

as far as when to take cytogainer - do it 1 hour before and IMMEDIATELY after each workout. However it can also be used to replace a meal if you absolutely can't eat.

ok hope that helps
Gold: 2,270.00
Sep 14 2008 06:06pm
Is CytoSport CytoGainer for me? I want to gain weight.
Also look at my current workout plan. Help me change.

Stats

5'5
125 lbs

Current Workout
Bench 3x6 155
Incline 3x10 95 (embarssing need to catch back up)
Pullups 1x10 1x8 1x 6 Should i just aim for 3x8?
Crunches 100 everyday Are situps> crunches?

Atm i do not do squats even though i have a squat rack. Should i start?
Some friends of mine do not suggest it due to the fact if i do it improper i can hurt my spine which can make me not grow anymore.

I am not drinking any whey protein or supplements atm. I was hoping to be around 140-150 by New Years.
I have high metabolism. What should i do? Should i drink cytosport cytogainer? I heard if i stopped, i would lose all the lbs gained.
Sep 14 2008 11:15pm
Quote (trantrios @ Sun, Sep 14 2008, 08:06pm)
Is CytoSport CytoGainer for me? I want to gain weight.
Also look at my current workout plan. Help me change.

Stats

5'5
125 lbs

Current Workout
Bench 3x6 155
Incline 3x10  95 (embarssing need to catch back up)
Pullups 1x10 1x8 1x 6 Should i just aim for 3x8?
Crunches 100 everyday Are situps> crunches?

Atm i do not do squats even though i have a squat rack. Should i start?
Some friends of mine do not suggest it due to the fact  if i do it improper i can hurt my spine which can make me not grow anymore.

I am not drinking any whey protein or supplements atm. I was hoping to be around 140-150 by New Years.
I have high metabolism. What should i do? Should i drink cytosport cytogainer? I heard if i stopped, i would lose all the lbs gained.

Hey there -

first of all, not to be rude...but all the things your friends told you is bullshit. 100% bullshit.

Now take my advice.

First of all - yes: Cytogainer IS for you. Drinking a cytogainer 1 hour before a workout and immediately after a workout will yield tremendous gains compared to not using it. Also you can have a 3rd cytogainer as a meal replacement sometime during the day. You will not lose lbs gained if you stop using it...that is the stupidest thing they could have told you. It's just a protein+creatine+amino blend....no different that eating massive quantities of normal foods - cytogainer is cheaper, easier, and absorbs better.

next, you need to be working out your entire body...not just chest with a little bit of back and some abs.

do this kind of split::

mon - chest/back
tues - legs/abs
weds - shoulders/biceps
thurs - triceps/forearms/abs

do a lot of 5x5 sets...eat plenty of food..and lay off the cardio.

DO SQUATS...don't go super heavy....but use good form...they are essential for building upper leg muscle (as long as you have good knees)

don't listen to those idiots...you wont stun your growth.

good luck!

Sep 15 2008 11:53am
TIP OF THE DAY::

Shower immediately after an intense workout (and after your protein shake). If you wait too long to shower, you can get horrible acne, greasy/oily skin, and bacterial infections. ALWAYS KEEP CLEAN.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev131323334352039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll