d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev13173183193203212039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Feb 19 2010 12:26am
Quote (7_Deadly_Sins @ Feb 18 2010 11:08pm)
That's fasting not under eatting; who cares some thing lol.

There's some thread on bb.com or something where the guy talks a lot about it, he's pretty shredded, if you haven't seen it might be something worth checkin gout.

7DS is right, there is a difference between fasting and undereating.

Fasting = long periods of time without nutrition where the body goes purely catabolic and starts burning everything (muscle and fat)
Under Eating = eating at regular or semi-regular intervals but not getting enough total nutrition to support muscle growth and/or fat loss.

The idea is simple - yes, you can in fact gain muscle and lose fat by doing a "warrior diet" style plan where you basically eat one giant meal per day and fast for the rest of the day...however here is the science involved.

In one sitting the body can only digest and assimilate approximately 30-50g protein, 50-60g carbohydrates, and 20-30g fat. This is assuming that all of these are digested at the same time. However, if you have slow digesting, medium digesting, and fast digesting proteins/carbs/fats all at once in your meal, then you will have: 30-50g protein, 50-60g carbs and 20-30g fat immediately (2 hours), and sustained within 4 and 8 hours, as well as a total intake of approximately 150g protein 180g carbs and 90g fat (maximum).

This results in sustained nutrition for SOME growth and SOME fat loss - HOWEVER you are also causing the body stress from doing this. If you feed the body only once per day, during this time the body goes highly anabolic and starts holding onto everything you give it, first prioritizing the allocation of atp and amino acids. Once all of those are used immediately, the rest is stored as fat as a failsafe in case food might not come at regular intervals to sustain energy. Then you immediately and continuously stop eating for the rest of the day and force the body and all of your biological processes (especially when you are training at the gym and burning tons of calories) to go into a deep catabolic mode and start burning everything stored in the body (fat and muscle tissue will both be attacked).

Now if you take MASSIVE doses of BCAA's throughout the day...you can prevent quite a bit of muscle loss....but at the same time your muscular gains will NOT be substantial. In addition, your internal organs, body chemistry (chemical and hormone release) as well as overall health and wellness will suffer over time.

A diet such as this sustained over many years will result in irreversible damage to any/all of the internal organs, metabolism, hormone production (ESPECIALLY TESTOSTERONE which is stimulated through cholesterol consumption throughout the day), sex drive, brain function, etc.

If you want the MOST gains and BEST physique...stick to the tride and true...which is a simple 3 part phase...

Bulking - 8 months
Cutting - 3 months
Maintenance - 1 month

Eat frequently and keep your metabolism burning fat while also keeping your body happy.

Work out hard (but certainly not on a full stomach) to stimulate fat burning

Take BCAA's to avoid muscle loss while working out or between meals

Eat plenty of the right food post-workout to sustain the muscle repair needed

eat the right foods before bed to sustain metabolism throughout the night but also allow fat burning

Gold: 0.00
Feb 19 2010 12:28am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Feb 19 2010 06:15am)
6x workout days a week
40-60 sets(including supersets) for a total of 2 hours strength training - do supersets, breakdowns, and failures - push yourself until your body feels like it's going to shut down, then take some more BCAA's
45-60 mins cardio afterwards

Take 2-3g bcaa every 45 mins pre-during-post workout

for exercises...stick to the following:

day 1 - chest/tris/shoulders
day 2 - quads/calves/hams
day 3 - bis/back/abs
day 4 - REST
day 5 - repeat day 1
day 6 - repeat day 2
day 7 - repeat day 3

will do! thanks.

i was thinking that too much volume would eat away @ muscle when cutting tho?
Gold: 120.00
Feb 19 2010 08:58am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Feb 19 2010 01:26am)
7DS is right, there is a difference between fasting and undereating.

Fasting = long periods of time without nutrition where the body goes purely catabolic and starts burning everything (muscle and fat)
Under Eating = eating at regular or semi-regular intervals but not getting enough total nutrition to support muscle growth and/or fat loss.

The idea is simple - yes, you can in fact gain muscle and lose fat by doing a "warrior diet" style plan where you basically eat one giant meal per day and fast for the rest of the day...however here is the science involved.

In one sitting the body can only digest and assimilate approximately 30-50g protein, 50-60g carbohydrates, and 20-30g fat. This is assuming that all of these are digested at the same time. However, if you have slow digesting, medium digesting, and fast digesting proteins/carbs/fats all at once in your meal, then you will have: 30-50g protein, 50-60g carbs and 20-30g fat immediately (2 hours), and sustained within 4 and 8 hours, as well as a total intake of approximately 150g protein 180g carbs and 90g fat (maximum).

This results in sustained nutrition for SOME growth and SOME fat loss - HOWEVER you are also causing the body stress from doing this. If you feed the body only once per day, during this time the body goes highly anabolic and starts holding onto everything you give it, first prioritizing the allocation of atp and amino acids. Once all of those are used immediately, the rest is stored as fat as a failsafe in case food might not come at regular intervals to sustain energy. Then you immediately and continuously stop eating for the rest of the day and force the body and all of your biological processes (especially when you are training at the gym and burning tons of calories) to go into a deep catabolic mode and start burning everything stored in the body (fat and muscle tissue will both be attacked).

Now if you take MASSIVE doses of BCAA's throughout the day...you can prevent quite a bit of muscle loss....but at the same time your muscular gains will NOT be substantial. In addition, your internal organs, body chemistry (chemical and hormone release) as well as overall health and wellness will suffer over time.

A diet such as this sustained over many years will result in irreversible damage to any/all of the internal organs, metabolism, hormone production (ESPECIALLY TESTOSTERONE which is stimulated through cholesterol consumption throughout the day), sex drive, brain function, etc.

If you want the MOST gains and BEST physique...stick to the tride and true...which is a simple 3 part phase...

Bulking - 8 months
Cutting - 3 months
Maintenance - 1 month

Eat frequently and keep your metabolism burning fat while also keeping your body happy.

Work out hard (but certainly not on a full stomach) to stimulate fat burning

Take BCAA's to avoid muscle loss while working out or between meals

Eat plenty of the right food post-workout to sustain the muscle repair needed

eat the right foods before bed to sustain metabolism throughout the night but also allow fat burning

I've been cutting for 10 months with maintenance of 1 month over the last year so i'm doing it a little different ;).
Gold: 370.00
Feb 19 2010 09:33am
Hey Raynor. You gave me this almost 2 months ago...

I just got settled in in my new home in a new state with a job so I can afford to go to a gym and what not now.

I am 260lbs would I still use this?

clean bulk is very simple.

500-600 cal more per day than you burn, all in the form of good clean foods.

sample clean bulk for 200 lb man =

meal 1 - 3 eggs, 1 cup oatmeal, 1 banana, 1 cup milk
meal 2 - 8oz chicken breast + 2 cups brown rice + salad
meal 3 - protein shake + 1 banana + 1 large bagel
meal 4 - 8 oz lean steak + 1 cup whole grain pasta + broccoli
meal 5 - protein shake + 2 slices whole grain toast + peanut butter
meal 6 - 1 cup cottage cheese + mixed nuts + cinnamon

Also, what would be a good substitute for cottage cheese. It makes me vomit.

This post was edited by Ferallwill on Feb 19 2010 09:38am
Gold: 185.13
Feb 19 2010 12:10pm
What split would be good for looks and size?
Retired Moderator
Gold: 355.06
Feb 19 2010 12:35pm
Quote (Boxa @ Feb 19 2010 10:58am)
I've been cutting for 10 months with maintenance of 1 month over the last year so i'm doing it a little different ;).

Dude whatever you do GL, and don't forget to mega dose BCAAs.
Feb 19 2010 01:02pm
Quote (Boxa @ Feb 19 2010 10:58am)

I really don't want to argue with you...but if you were CUTTING properly for 10 months you would be 0% bodyfat and dead....cutting that long out of the year is stupidity and if it takes that long to cut then its also horribly inefficient.

Feb 19 2010 01:05pm
Quote (Ferallwill @ Feb 19 2010 11:33am)
Hey Raynor. You gave me this almost 2 months ago...

I just got settled in in my new home in a new state with a job so I can afford to go to a gym and what not now.

I am 260lbs would I still use this?

clean bulk is very simple.

500-600 cal more per day than you burn, all in the form of good clean foods.

sample clean bulk for 200 lb man =

meal 1 - 3 eggs, 1 cup oatmeal, 1 banana, 1 cup milk
meal 2 - 8oz chicken breast + 2 cups brown rice + salad
meal 3 - protein shake + 1 banana + 1 large bagel
meal 4 - 8 oz lean steak + 1 cup whole grain pasta + broccoli
meal 5 - protein shake + 2 slices whole grain toast + peanut butter
meal 6 - 1 cup cottage cheese + mixed nuts + cinnamon

Also, what would be a good substitute for cottage cheese. It makes me vomit.

yes you would, that works fine....instead of cottage cheese try NOW! or Optimum! Casein protein and make a shake before bed.
Feb 19 2010 01:14pm
Quote (eSora @ Feb 19 2010 02:10pm)
What split would be good for looks and size?

check out my 5x5 plan for strength and size I posted it a few pages back
Gold: 5,116.73
Feb 19 2010 01:15pm
im trying to get bigger, bigger everywhere, mainly chest but etc. thats my goal, ripped and big just like the natural body building pros.
im eating everything and anything atm, cals cals cals.

im on weight gainer as well.

90% of my daily intake is definitely good, nn fast food etc its all home made blah.

am i doign this right? or wrong.

Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev13173183193203212039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll