d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev13143153163173182039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Feb 16 2010 08:35pm
Quote (Kiston @ Feb 16 2010 08:44pm)
people say that if u eat often u increase metabolism.

does that mean if u eat say 5 almonds every 15 min u can increase metab and protein synthesis?

technically...but eating 5 almonds every 15 mins would work out to 320 almonds a day...which is way too many.

but take this on....the more frequently you eat...as long as you are not exceeding your macros/calories for the day...is the BEST thing you can do for metabolism increase.
Feb 16 2010 08:37pm
Quote (GodLovesUgly @ Feb 16 2010 09:15pm)
So just out of curiousity, similar to Bail's question. Are whole eggs also healthy for an older person, for example a 50 year old, 6'0" 230 lbs who isn't very active? Would they still be "beneficial for them"? Would it harm? Coudl they consume to many? please let me know :) thank you for you time in advance

Also, had a killer leg workout today just saying, but during leg curls I can't get all the way so I had my friend push the weight a lil closer, and then my legs were able to go a little further, but then I got a sharp like cramping pain in my upper hammy. Anyway for me to get more flexiblility there? and also I don't like how I can't get as low as I should be able to during back squats. I would like to be able to do those lifts properly, can you help me out at all?

yes. they are. they still maintain greater than a 2:1 ratio of unsat to sat fats.

for leg curls...go LIGHTER in weight for the full extension. you aren't gaining as much by cheating on this exercise.

for squats...in order to get lower...reduce the weight again! your body has the ability to go as low as possible, but the heavier the weight, the less likely you're going to be able to get as low as you need to.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 17 2010 12:46am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ 16 Feb 2010 14:29)
Hey there....ok let's see what I can do.

First of all, in order to increase stamina and strength, he is going to need to follow a good 5x5 plan (with few breaks inbetween) and an hour of various cardio (like sprints, HIIT, explosive jumps etc) afterwards and then on other weeks a hemovascular circuit. Here is the 1 month plan:

Month 1 -

(week 1 - 5x5 - all exercises performed in 5x5 except for abs and calves which are performed 5 sets until failure)

Day 1 - chest/shoulders/tris - BB Incline Bench, Flat Bench Dumbbells, BB standing military press, DB seated arnold presses, Weighted Dips, DB tricep kickbacks

Day 2 - Back/Bis/Traps - Straight Leg Deadlifts, Bent Over BB Rows, Lat Pulldowns, Lawnmower DB Rows, DB Shrugs, BB Reverse Shrugs, standing olympic bar curls, EZ-bar preacher curls

Day 3 - Quads/Hammys/Calves/abs - ATG BB Squats, BB Stationary Lunges, Laying Leg Curls, Seated Leg Curls, Standing Machine Calf Raises, Donkey Calf Raises, Hanging leg raises, Seated V-Crunches

day 4 - OFF

Day 5 - repeat day 1

Day 6 - repeat day 2

Day 7 - repeat day 3

After each workout of 5x5 - he will do 1 hour of solid cardio. This will include a combination of sprints, HIIT, explosive jumps, and stairmaster (sprinting up the stairs).

Between regular workout sets will be no more than 15-20 seconds of rest.

He will need to aggressively BCAA up...at least 5g every 45 minutes of training (also 10g pre and 10g post) - he requires more bcaas than a normal person because of the severe intensity of training.

Week 2 - hemovascular (all sets will be performed in reverse pyramid - high weight first, ending on low weight....but no breaks between sets of a specific exercise...example....bench press 225 x 5, then immediately after go down to 185 x failure, 155 x failure, 135 x failure, 95 x failure)

Day 1 - chest/abs - Bench Press, Cable Flies, Incline DB press, laying Overhead dumbbell extensions,1 set of pushups until failure, hanging leg raises, situps, alternating crunches, and v-crunches.

Day 2 - back/calves - Lat Pulldowns, Cable Rows, Straight leg deadlifts, lawnmower DB rows, 1 set pullups until failure, standing calf raises, donkey calf raises, and seated calf raises

Day 3 - Shoulders/abs - standing military press (gorilla press), dumbbell front raises, seated db shoulder presses, db shrugs, bb shrugs, hanging leg raises, situps, alternating crunches, and v-crunches.

Day 4 - legs/calves - Hack Squats, DB lunges, Leg Extensions, Leg Curls, Standing calf raises, seated calf raises, donkey calf raises

Day 5 - Arms/abs - Standing EZ bar curls 21's, seated db hammer curls, standing reverse curls, DB kickbacks, DB skullcrushers, cable tricep pulldowns, front wrist curls, hanging leg raises, situps, alternating crunches, and v-crunches.

Day 6 - OFF

day 7 - OFF

Do cardio at the same pace as during 5x5 week - 1 hour after training - various styles.

Don't forget the BCAA's before/during/after workout.

Week 3 - Repeat week 1

Week 4 - Repeat week 2

anyway - as for diet...please refer to the diet I just posted at the top of this page (or last page) and make adjustments for your bodyweight/activity level in caloric needs....then just remember carbs for first 3 meals, no carbs for 2nd 3 meals...except for a good dose of simple carb post workout (waxy maize would be the best).

Thanks for your time :) I think he's going to pee his pants he is so excited. He is thinking of taking a before and after picture and if he does, I will be posting ;) Will be in contact regarding any questions or before the next month. Thanks again!
Gold: 250.00
Feb 17 2010 07:16am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Feb 16 2010 01:37am)
seriously?? no mods going to ban this guy? amazing.

yes indeed i am amazing. For a body builder you're pretty bright you know that.

But tell me, as a firebat, i eat a lot of over cooked meat, and i hear that eating burnt food causes cancer. Do you recon i am to awesome for cancer or should i be safe and replace my flamethrower for a frying pan =|?
Gold: 673.00
Feb 17 2010 04:00pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Feb 16 2010 09:37pm)
yes. they are. they still maintain greater than a 2:1 ratio of unsat to sat fats.

for leg curls...go LIGHTER in weight for the full extension. you aren't gaining as much by cheating on this exercise.

for squats...in order to get lower...reduce the weight again! your body has the ability to go as low as possible, but the heavier the weight, the less likely you're going to be able to get as low as you need to.

With weight for the squats I am able to go lower than without weight, without weight I can't even get to parallel. and I think the leg curls things, I think I'm just like not flexible enough. So It would be safe to tell that 50 year old to take 10 eggs a day?
Feb 17 2010 04:44pm
Quote (Bail @ Feb 17 2010 06:00pm)
With weight for the squats I am able to go lower than without weight, without weight I can't even get to parallel. and I think the leg curls things, I think I'm just like not flexible enough. So It would be safe to tell that 50 year old to take 10 eggs a day?

you're telling me that you can go lower WITH weight than without? That is the strangest thing I've ever heard. If you are unable to get into a crouched position where your ass basically rests on the back of your ankles (called ass-to-grass) then there is definitely something wrong with your flexibility or skeletal structure. Have you ever tried to do just that?

Also, as far as eggs...yes they can eat as many eggs as they want. Too much of anything is a bad thing, but I know plenty of people who eat upwards of 1-2 dozen eggs per day and have no cholesterol problems whatsoever. The only problem is the total caloric value for 10 eggs is 700 cal, and only 60g protein. which isn't exactly the greatest balance.
Gold: 673.00
Feb 17 2010 05:57pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Feb 17 2010 05:44pm)
you're telling me that you can go lower WITH weight than without? That is the strangest thing I've ever heard. If you are unable to get into a crouched position where your ass basically rests on the back of your ankles (called ass-to-grass) then there is definitely something wrong with your flexibility or skeletal structure. Have you ever tried to do just that?

Also, as far as eggs...yes they can eat as many eggs as they want. Too much of anything is a bad thing, but I know plenty of people who eat upwards of 1-2 dozen eggs per day and have no cholesterol problems whatsoever. The only problem is the total caloric value for 10 eggs is 700 cal, and only 60g protein. which isn't exactly the greatest balance.

i read this and immediately thought "WTF". friend was on account and posted, but thanks for clearing it up for him.

This post was edited by Bail on Feb 17 2010 05:58pm
Gold: 120.00
Feb 17 2010 07:09pm
At 6'6 241, what should I aim for as daily macros as an active individual.

I'm going on the warrior diet and want to continue aiming for cutting/improved body composition.
Feb 17 2010 08:39pm
Quote (Boxa @ Feb 17 2010 09:09pm)
At 6'6 241, what should I aim for as daily macros as an active individual.

I'm going on the warrior diet and want to continue aiming for cutting/improved body composition.

6'6 241 = approximately 2,800 cal per day to sustain metabolism and anabolic response.

You will want to take 500-1000 up (3,300) for bulking

or take a regular 3,000 cal day + 500 cal worth of cardio per day (cutting - this is about an hour of cardio)

as for macros shoot for:

300g protein
250g carbs
90g fat
Gold: 0.00
Feb 17 2010 08:40pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Feb 17 2010 02:35am)
technically...but eating 5 almonds every 15 mins would work out to 320 almonds a day...which is way too many.

but take this on....the more frequently you eat...as long as you are not exceeding your macros/calories for the day...is the BEST thing you can do for metabolism increase.

would 1 almond every 15-30 min still be effective? and about how much would u say it would help for fatburning?
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev13143153163173182039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll