d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev130313233342039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Sep 12 2008 12:37am
Bumb
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Sep 12 2008 12:37am
Quote (d4v1dxl33 @ Thu, Sep 11 2008, 04:52pm)
when i asked about height once u said only things that woudl help me really would be

genetics (of course)

eating right and sleeping early

btu u also mentioned that hanging does help a little?

yes, hanging from a chinup bar will help pull the spine. this will help extend your vertebrae to their fullest. Although you probably won't grow. 1-2 inches total may be possible over the course of several years.

I would certainly recommend it...it won't hurt...and is worth a try.
Gold: 100.00
Sep 12 2008 09:26am
this is not really a fitness question. more a nutrition question.

I'v been told its bad to eat 3 houres before you go to bed. Is this true? and if so, why is it that bad?

I always work late shifts without a real brake (so no oppertunity to eat). when I get home (at around 23:30) I'm always hungry as hell and I usualy eat the dinner my girlfriend cooked me.
or I make something to eat myself (it usualy includes some meat).
Gold: 6,969.69
Sep 12 2008 09:44am
Quote (Hellskin @ Fri, 12 Sep 2008, 08:26)

I'v been told its bad to eat 3 houres before you go to bed. Is this true? and if so, why is it that bad?

I always work late shifts without a real brake (so no oppertunity to eat). when I get home (at around 23:30) I'm always hungry as hell and I usualy eat the dinner my girlfriend cooked me.

I am by no means a nutrition expert, but I think I can answer this.

If you eat too close to bedtime, you're not giving your body enough opportunity to use that fuel, so it just stores it as fat.

If there are any professionals in the house that would like to elaborate/correct me as necessary, please do so.
Gold: 0.00
Sep 12 2008 10:28am
Quote (xAlimorAx @ Fri, Sep 12 2008, 06:37am)
Bumb

You don't need to bump a stickied topic....

When is the best and the worst moment to workout according to you, I heard before going to bed (before your last meal of course) was one of the worst time.
Sep 12 2008 11:30pm
Quote (Hellskin @ Fri, Sep 12 2008, 11:26am)

hey there -

this depends, but mostly on your bodytype, workout routine (if you have one), and physical goals.

EVERYONE needs to eat before bed...its very important to keep ur body fueled even when you sleep. However its the TYPE of food you eat before bed that makes the difference.

The best option is as follows:::

Eat a lean meat and a good fat before bed. Avoid carbs all together 3-4 hours before bed unless you are on a bulking cycle. (if you don't know what this is, then the answer is no)

good lean meats = Chicken, Turkey, Tuna, Eggs, Lean beef (93/7% or better), fish, or protein shakes.
good fats = Nuts, Milk, Cheese, Olive Oil, Olives, Beans, Fish, Fish Oil, etc.

you can also eat vegetables with your night time meal.

Some good meal ideas before bed =

Grilled Chicken over a salad w/ some mixed nuts or olive oil+vinegar dressing
Sirloin Steak with broccoli and olive oil + lemon
Black Beans and Chicken with Tomato and Onion
Tuna Salad with Nuts and Olives

etc.

Anyway also try to eat every 2-3 hours...very important.

hope this helps!

Sep 12 2008 11:32pm
Quote (Urbain @ Fri, Sep 12 2008, 12:28pm)
You don't need to bump a stickied topic....

When is the best and the worst moment to workout according to you, I heard before going to bed (before your last meal of course) was one of the worst time.

hey there...that was a friend of mine posting a bump as a joke lol...

and to answer ur question -

The best time to workout is essentially a time when you have eaten at least 2 meals before and have at least 2 meals to eat afterwards. The best time to workout is when you have plenty of free time and feel the most energetic. However, I would never work out first thing in the morning (unless it was morning cardio during a cutting cycle) or right before bed (as you need plenty to eat after the workout)

Ideally the best time to work out is afternoon/early evening - or if your schedule is abnormal like mine, craft it according to the information above.

hope this helps!
Retired Moderator
Gold: 1,636.76
Sep 13 2008 08:54am
just curious
im sorta flat footed
is there a way to fix that
Sep 13 2008 08:59pm
Quote (pkxd @ Sat, Sep 13 2008, 10:54am)
just curious
im sorta flat footed
is there a way to fix that

I too am flat footed...

surprisingly enough the Walkfit Orthotics that you see on TV all the time...and can buy on eebay for only like $15 work REALLY well.

All hard plastic inserts that recreate an arch will actually in time force you to develop one. They custom make them for hundreds of dollars...however the walkfit ones worked great for me and a lot of people.

buy them on eebay and save a lot of money.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 1,636.76
Sep 13 2008 09:17pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Sat, Sep 13 2008, 10:59pm)
I too am flat footed...

surprisingly enough the Walkfit Orthotics that you see on TV all the time...and can buy on eeebay for only like $15 work REALLY well.

All hard plastic inserts that recreate an arch will actually in time force you to develop one. They custom make them for hundreds of dollars...however the walkfit ones worked great for me and a lot of people.

buy them on eeebay and save a lot of money.

ohh really ty smile.gif lol if u dont mind ill pm u for more details tommorow smile.gif

just curious
cardio gets rid of teh fat on my legs right
i hear running up and down the stares do somethin way good for it
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev130313233342039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll